Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Chiefs Prediction Thread: KC vs KC, in KC?

skins island connection

22 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

That's fair, but I think the real determining factor in this game will be line play.  Yes, IF DJ is out that hurts, but The Chief's are not a deep passing team.  The key with them is deception. We have to be ready for shovel passes and the various fakes.  They want to fool you, and excel at it.  Coaching will be paramount in this contest. They make a short plays go long.  For the first time in ages, we are deep.  We'll be ok without DJ, but the real key will lie in the lines, on both sides. It will be interesting no matter who is out, and who is in.  I can't wait, as this is a great measuring stick.  Hail 

Just read that we "Just wanted to rest DJ today".  He is full go.  Let's rock.  Hail

Thats quiet different from a pulled hamstring.  Sounds suspect now.  God I hope he doesn't have any hamstring issue. The reason I say that is because you cannot play with the slightest hamstring strain. If you do, you're risking 6-8 week of no running. There's a difference between working out and having your hamstrings sore and a injury where you've pulled (or torn) the muscle.  If you even have a slight Grade 1 tear ( that's what a strain is) then the proper treatment is No sports related activity for 2-3 weeks. One quick movement will tear a Grade 1 to a Grade 2-3 easily. Now your athlete is on the shelf for 8-12 weeks.  If you play the guy with a Grade 1 you're basically gambling the next 2-3 months with terrible odds.  The idea you'd play a key defensive player with the slightest tear is Absolutely Stupid. 

8 minutes ago, JRobinson said:

I just briefly mentioned DJ because that would be a blow. But it's awesome that he looks good to go.  

I agree with a lot of your assessment bud. 

To me, its the Chiefs defense that is going to pose problems.  That pass rush is no joke, and they are stout against the run.  I like Cousins ok, but like a lot of yall on the forum here, I'm not sold either way (let's sign him long term or not).  I don't know how I'd feel about a last minute drive to take the lead.   Granted, he did it to us two weeks ago, but that was targeting a 5th string corner on the last drive.   Yalls running game confuses me.  Was Perine drafted to eventually be the hog to tote the load? He's young and shows some powerful ability, but then you have Kelly who is way more shifty.   I think he works better in yalls offense currently.  Brown is a good player, but it's his 6th year and he's never going to be a starter IMO. 

I think the the key to beating the Chiefs is this:

1. Wear their defense out going sideline to sideline. Gotta run em down, cause you won't beat em' down.  

2. You guys have to protect Cousins. NO TURNOVERS. 

3. As you said, coaching is paramount and must showcase some creativity.  

4. Y'all are really going to find out what that "measuring stick" shows after this game.  KCs offense is greatly explosive. I think y'all can contain them for a while, but man, I don't know about the whole game.  Hill, Hunt, and Kelce are tough matchups on anyone.  Press? Blitz? Zone? Jeez man, it's gonna have to be a mixed bag.  

Im not saying y'all can't win because I think y'all are a good, well balanced team on both sides of the ball.  Yalls D is better than the Patriots, for sure, but how good? We will see.  I'll tune in to this one a good bit.  

The Rams are a good team to watch grow with McV and all the youth. I'll be watching with interest.

As Cooley broke down the Chiefs, he pointed out how to STOP their homerun hitters.  First thing was that their creativity was capitalizing on their talent (speed), and noted the very poor way teams allowed these huge gaps to open.  These plays resulted not playing 'Gap Sound' defense.  Coach Reid called power blocking to their gap weak tendency spots.  Cooley pointed out that if those plays would have had the gap responsible player pushing Bull Rush straight forward, those plays would have easily been stopped. I watched the tape and he's correct. 

Also, Jon Gruden pointed out that A.Smith was being pushed by P. Mahomes in camp on deep balls (Smiths weakness).  He said that it actually made Smith better with his deep throws. Cooley pointed out that they've got to contain Smith to the pocket and push the middle DL to force a poor throw, which he will make over the course of a game. Since KC has speed over the top, you've got to give him help from a contained pocket and over the top Safety.  If the Skins have a safety with a hamstring issue, that's a formula for disaster.  With all the speculation about DJs hammy, they could be baiting KC to throw it deep!  The #1 threat from KC is on the ground. You're not going to win them all, so if you play KC gap sound and keep the play in front, you limit their homerun threat substantially. If you give up gaps in the run game you'll have to drop 8 in the box to close the gaps. Skins don't want that. They want both safeties to be able to protect both sides from over the top threats. Cat n mouse game going on here. 

1 hour ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Just read that we "Just wanted to rest DJ today".  He is full go.  Let's rock.  Hail

@Riggo'sRangers Where did you read that? 

They're resting him, for hamstring fatigue?  There's a huge difference between hamstring injuries. I wouldn't sacrifice 1 game for 6-8.  That would be a poor return on investment. Rather mail this game in vs risk Swearinger for missing week 6 and beyond. 

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

@Riggo'sRangers Where did you read that? 

They're resting him, for hamstring fatigue?  There's a huge difference between hamstring injuries. I wouldn't sacrifice 1 game for 6-8.  That would be a poor return on investment. Rather mail this game in vs risk Swearinger for missing week 6 and beyond. 

Very well said gives us a chance to see what the next man can do we really want to see if we have a championship team we can tell by how the backup plays.

I said that getting to the bye week at .500 would be massive.  Well, that happens regardless of the outcome of Monday Night.

I think the theme all week on a lot of the local talk shows was "We usually don't like moral victories, but we'll take one here."  I'm the same and I agree, actually.  Look good and anything can happen.

Tough place to play, but big ask to get two of these in a row.  Chiefs win by two scores.

8 minutes ago, DC9 said:

I said that getting to the bye week at .500 would be massive.  Well, that happens regardless of the outcome of Monday Night.

I think the theme all week on a lot of the local talk shows was "We usually don't like moral victories, but we'll take one here."  I'm the same and I agree, actually.  Look good and anything can happen.

Tough place to play, but big ask to get two of these in a row.  Chiefs win by two scores.

Yeppers... I was just thinking about that earlier if we go in at 500 and major injury free I think we'll be looking okay. We cannot go into Kansas City and win....just not possible..sooo mentally I set my mind at being 500 going into the break..or could we go in there and win?..wow..jus imagine going in at 3-1..wow just wow..ain't gonna happen tho...stay neutral c'Mon me stay neutral!!

24 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Yeppers... I was just thinking about that earlier if we go in at 500 and major injury free I think we'll be looking okay. We cannot go into Kansas City and win....just not possible..sooo mentally I set my mind at being 500 going into the break..or could we go in there and win?..wow..jus imagine going in at 3-1..wow just wow..ain't gonna happen tho...stay neutral c'Mon me stay neutral!!

I'm not so sure that KC wins even a close one here. 

KC OL has been their savior in their scheme. Playing speed and athleticism strengths vs brute force to create gaps.  They've manage to string along good second tier blocking to spring speedsters and have made it to 3-0 creating homerun hits.  Soooo...they lost their Center and their LT hasn't practiced all week and is trending down as questionable. Even if LT Fischer plays, he's not faced the likes of Preston Smith and Jr. Not to mention their mismatch up the middle with Allen vs Fulton.  That's not even their biggest issue, their RT /RG are the weak links in their OL. Melvin Ingram Bull rushed and manhandled the Chiefs all day. That's where they have NO answer for Kerrigan/Ioannidis combo. Actually KC has an over-hyped hypothetical grade in this match-up of KC offense v D.C. Defense. Their Go To runs are based on misdirection and gap exploitation. As well as their "Un-Stoppable" play being a triple option shovel pass...? Really!?  C'Mon Man!!!  

Only reason they've busted loose 50 plus yardage gains is from unsound gap defense orchestrated by creative motion and synced OL flows.  Those cut back lanes don't open up when your DL stays in the gaps.  For instance, if your flowing to the left and your DE sets the edge, it's a loss every single time! That's why NFL offenses don't ALL use it.  If you live and die by this vs the Skins D, you're dead. 

Im not buying it. 

If Swearinger (The General) isn't hampered by a hammy, these gaps won't open up like they have the first 3 weeks for KC.  Even if he doesn't play, the mismatches on their OL will be exploited. I anticipate more Skin blitzes then we've seen in any game all year. Smith will be running, book it! 

On 9/30/2017 at 2:14 PM, JRobinson said:

Gosh, losing DJ hurts against a very Dynamic Chiefs offense, especially with a big guy like Kelce.  Hope y'all pull it out but I think I have to go with KC on this one :kickcan:

Good Luck fellas.  

KC 28

Skins 17

Hail ****in ya way to go rams!!..I knew they could do it..congrats and thank you 

18 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Hail ****in ya way to go rams!!..I knew they could do it..congrats and thank you 

when we played the Rams a few weeks ago, I said the Rams are a lot better than many give them credit for, and I had some replies that for the most part said I was ready for the rubber room, complete with pads.

I think its pretty self-explanatory...

1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

when we played the Rams a few weeks ago, I said the Rams are a lot better than many give them credit for, and I had some replies that for the most part said I was ready for the rubber room, complete with pads.

I think its pretty self-explanatory...

So I believe the Cowboys are considered to be an elite team and if we beat the Rams like we did which I guess was nothing to splashy, would that mean that were actually a better team than people give us credit for?

2 hours ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

So I believe the Cowboys are considered to be an elite team and if we beat the Rams like we did which I guess was nothing to splashy, would that mean that were actually a better team than people give us credit for?

We are playing good football right now, but we will definitely will know where we're at after tomorrow night's game.  If anybody says the Cowboys are an elite team right now, they must be smoking a lot of good dope.

On a different note, I would like to change my prediction because I forgot that Alex Smith is the Chiefs QB.

Skins-38  Chiefs 13.

3 hours ago, JRobinson said:

Big statement game for us.  Those fans over there are going nuts. 

Well done and much appreciation.  I said before I'm really glad we played you early.  You have a good coach, good young talent, and are dangerous.  The Dallas board meltdowns are such fun to watch.  You should have a minimum of a full week of entertainment at your disposal.  Enjoy, and thank you. Hail

21 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Well done and much appreciation.  I said before I'm really glad we played you early.  You have a good coach, good young talent, and are dangerous.  The Dallas board meltdowns are such fun to watch.  You should have a minimum of a full week of entertainment at your disposal.  Enjoy, and thank you. Hail

Yeah I mentioned how Im glad we caught them early before they started to gel.  Aaron Donald looked a lot different today then when we faced them.

12 minutes ago, zoony said:

Who is going to cover Kelce?

We usually use a safety or LB. However, with the Oline injuries the Chiefs have, center & Left Tackle, he may be kept in to block more than normal.  It just depends on how they feel about their protection(s) and how they want to roll the dice. Dee Ford is also out & have a new kicker.  Should be interesting.  Hail

44 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

We usually use a safety or LB. However, with the Oline injuries the Chiefs have, center & Left Tackle, he may be kept in to block more than normal.  It just depends on how they feel about their protection(s) and how they want to roll the dice. Dee Ford is also out & have a new kicker.  Should be interesting.  Hail

I didn't know they have a banged up O-line.  Well that definitely changes my mind about the outcome of this game.  No Eric Berry AND a banged up offensive line???  Hell this may not be a big test game after all.  I guess we should win this game pretty easy!!!

4 hours ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

IMHO, I don't consider Dallas to be an 'elite' team.

Are they good? Sure. Are they beatable? Sure.

I would say that the Redskins are better than Dallas, in ways.  But in ways Dallas is better than the Redskins. Its the match-ups and how one team capitalizes on the other's weakness[es].  The last 2 years we had a winning record; that's something that has illuded this team for so long. Now, the sticking point will be defense. They don't have to play lights-out but at least play consistent, and sound football; teams are going to score points on them no matter how good they are, its impossible to play like they did against the Raiders every week, and I expect the Chiefs to try and exploit weaknesses in our D. How Ooskie prepares them will be a big factor in their success.

39 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

IMHO, I don't consider Dallas to be an 'elite' team.

Are they good? Sure. Are they beatable? Sure.

I would say that the Redskins are better than Dallas, in ways.  But in ways Dallas is better than the Redskins. Its the match-ups and how one team capitalizes on the other's weakness[es].  The last 2 years we had a winning record; that's something that has illuded this team for so long. Now, the sticking point will be defense. They don't have to play lights-out but at least play consistent, and sound football; teams are going to score points on them no matter how good they are, its impossible to play like they did against the Raiders every week, and I expect the Chiefs to try and exploit weaknesses in our D. How Ooskie prepares them will be a big factor in their success.

Yeah, Dallas had one of the easiest schedules in the NFC last year.  They've got talent and they're a good team.  How good?  Right now they're .500 and they'll probably be above .500 when it's all done. Not Elite with as many loses to their OL and a defense that lives and dies with Sean Lee.  Secondary is serviceable at best. 

The MNF coaching duel will be fun and paramount.  Reid is creative as anyone. Going to be a great game! 

Ya I can't wait!!..one of three things are going to happen..the wheels completely fall off, nothing goes our way, everything in there favor yadda yadda yadda we loose by 19+ points..or it's a tough fought game for both teams they win a squeaker or we pull off the upset..I'm sticking to my prediction...but we could be going into our bye feeling very comfortable(if the game turns out to be prediction 3)or realy scratching are heads feeling still OK at .500 if prediction 1 happens..especially playing like we have the last two weeks..I do know this it sure does make the season a whole hell of alot more..enjoyable?..when the patriots and ravens are ..AND Hehe the cowboys loosing!!.HTTR!!

2 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Oh believe me, I'm a member on their board too.... it's a riot.  

1 minute ago, JRobinson said:

Oh believe me, I'm a member on their board too.... it's a riot.  

Oh cool..ok so ur a member on a bunch of other teams sites..I see..right on, that's a cool way of getting to know ur opponent's a little more...well "awesome sauce" man big congrats again today!!!..like mentioned above I'm glad we played u guys early too!..u very well could have right at one of the most explosive offenses in the league in the very near future..as we all see what's starting to develop..thankfully after week two of course Hehe!!

11 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Oh cool..ok so ur a member on a bunch of other teams sites..I see..right on, that's a cool way of getting to know ur opponent's a little more...well "awesome sauce" man big congrats again today!!!..like mentioned above I'm glad we played u guys early too!..u very well could have right at one of the most explosive offenses in the league in the very near future..as we all see what's starting to develop..thankfully after week two of course Hehe!!

Time will tell. 

Most fans in other boards make it personal and utilize insults.  Tough for peeps to be civil over a game that contains a W or a L.  Frustration is natural when you're invested like we all are.  But the name-calling nonsense is just childish and a lack of character. 

Archived