Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TMZ.com: Linkin Park Lead Singer Chester Bennington Commits Suicide

samy316

Wow. And at 41, too...seems to me like this happens to singers a lot...just never know how much of an effect being a lead singer in a band can have on one's mind I guess (from being on the road a lot, and other stuff). 

RIP and thoughts and prayers go out to the rest of the band and his/their families today. 

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wow. And at 41, too...seems to me like this happens to singers a lot...just never know how much of an effect being a lead singer in a band can have on one's mind I guess (from being on the road a lot, and other stuff). 

I think this guy had been clean for a few years but most of the time it's the drugs. Drugs + money = nothing good for the brain

TMZ says Bennington was close friends with front man Chris Cornell, who killed himself earlier this year.  Today would have been Cornell's 53 birthday. Probably not a coincidence.

Also, he leaves six kids behind.

I'll never fathom how you can get to a point where not even the thought of your children can stave off going through with suicide. I can see if you're alone and have no means of reaching out but man,  to do that to your family is terrible.

42 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Linkin Park were my jam in 7th grade. A lot of us grew up listening to them in our early teen years and probably stopped sometime after. RIP Chester

Ya, I made it all the way up to the point they started messing with those Transformer movies.  Reanimation album was a thing of beauty, this is f'n horrible.

54 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Sadly i saw this coming with him years ago. 

Me too. I enjoyed their earlier music, but I always had the feeling from him that he was always just barely hanging on. 

33 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Sympathies to his 6 children.

Moving on...

Pretty cold, dude. 

I usually repeat this in these suicide threads, but I would bet any kind of money that he was on some sort of anti-depressant/Prozac/SSRI drug.  

It is unbelievable the level of information linked between suicide and those drugs that has been suppressed by big pharma.  

RIP.  Thoughts out to his family.

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Sadly i saw this coming with him years ago. 

I think anyone that loved linkin park and paid attention to the lyrics knew that he had to be  a troubled man. You don't write things that dark without experience in that type of pain and some level of suffering. That's something I've always connected with about that band and why I stil listen to them. That type of rawness and realness it part of what made him special

1 hour ago, AJ* said:

I'll never fathom how you can get to a point where not even the thought of your children can stave off going through with suicide. 

You can get to that point when you ate so down on yourself that you think everyone would be better off without you. 

Not all people commit suicide because they are cowards, or because they made a coherent decision to hurt the ones they love

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

So sad man. Another great musician gone too soon. This **** needs to stop.

It won't. It is the realm of fame/money, and the way we view/treat mental illness and drug addiction

Archived