Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

13 minutes ago, Bang said:

...and somewhere the mastermind Kirk Cousins sits and strokes a fluffy white cat, and thinks of how to put lasers on Bruce Allen's head.

So, the way i see it, Kirk will sign next Thursday for 5 years 128 million with 68 guaranteed, and Scott McCloughan's head on a plate.

~Bang

I pictured that in my head as one of your cartoons.  Thank you.

I cannot keep up with it all.  Here is my summary of our recent dysfunction.

I believe Cousins has not signed his tender, or if he did, he waited a couple days to sign.  I think it's time to prepare to learn he doesn't want to be here. Can anyone blame him, and if true, do we then really want him for just 1 year?

We don't know if Scot works here. Bruce talks to the Tennessee media about Scot, before ours. We hear Doug Williams may be our GM. Or it may be  Bruce. Maybe Dan is back helping out with tube links. Or, maybe Scot will be back after the most important time of the year. 

Jay was finally inked to an extension at the 11th hour, probably only because free agency was about to start and agents were blowing us off. We lost McVay, no big deal likely, but he may have also been our coach with the most upside. We didn't replace him.

We promote from within on defense, hardly inspiring after last years horrendous defense. 

We are forced to rely on media / speculation to get answers, who become lightning rods for posters.  Can anyone blame them for trying to do their jobs, reporting what they think is happening with our dysfunctional team? It's a busy time, and are expected to report. We are in such shambles, and our media guys see nothing but nuggets of insanity, so that is what you can expect to her about.  Our PR staff has to be among league worst, the irony thick with a big media guy in charge.

We blow off Garcon and DJax, and then out of no where pretend to want them back. We then find out Garcon wanted to be traded early in the season.

Am I missing anything, other than we should prepare to take a WR with our first losing out on those 2?

The ultimate result that would make this "so redskins" would be if the Rift story and the Drinking story were BOTH true. More specifically, that Bruce started getting bothered by Scot, due to perhaps pressure by Danny, and began to neuter him. This neutering caused him to become withdrawn, and fall back into drinking. Which the team then started to leak out as the primary issue, through facets like Chris Cooley, thus further alienating him and trying to paint a picture where it's entirely on Scot and the team is being completely reasonable. So a guy goes back off the wagon, we lose a highly regarded personnel guy, and Allen solidifies even more power under him largely due to his own political machinations. 

Not in any way saying that's what's happening (though if I was Chris Russell, I'd act like I was without claiming I am), but it'd be so Redskins for it to somehow both be Scot drinking again AND it being largely spurred by disfunction in the front office.

At this point I'm more and more resigned to the fact that GMSM has indeed suffered a relapse and is taking a break. The Silver Lining in all this is that maybe the Redskins are supporting him and allowing him to get treatment instead of cutting him loose. you don't usually wear the uniform if you've been drummed out.

25 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I am 1976.  It's amazing what just 9-12 years makes.  I was 6 when the 'Skins won their first SB, which I kinda remember, and 15 when they won their last.  Which I absolutely remember clear as day.  I was young during the glory years, but I remember them.  When they had a losing season in 1993, and Gibbs WASN'T the coach, it was a complete shock.  I didn't know how that could possibly be.  What a silly 17 year old I was. 

I really do feel for the younger of our fans, because at least I know what it feels like to root for a perennial winner.  Honestly, if I didn't have that, I probably would have called it quits by now and started following women's college lacrosse (reference to a West Wing line)..  But I've been a 'Skins fan longer than I've been anything in my life.

Would remove pic from quote.  Don't get hit with the ban hammer!

Imagine how fans like me, (born in '64), feel. We were there for the good times.  We remember the good times, because we lived them.    Back in the eighties, if you had told me how far we would fall, I'd laughed in your face.  It was unthinkable.

**** me.

2 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Imagine how fans like me, (born in '64), feel. We were there for the good times.  We remember the good times, because we lived them.    Back in the eighties, if you had told me how far we would fall, I'd laughed in your face.  It was unthinkable.

**** me.

I wish I knew what a super bowl championship felt like. I wish I knew what RFK was like. I wish I remembered much before Dan Snyder. But I do get your point. I'm holding out on the "we have to eventually be good" card for a long time now. Can't imagine what seasoned Lions fans or Eagles fans feel like lol.

So let's see

No QB, it's headed that way

No GM,  it's headed that way

No WRs, Bye Garcon & Jackson

No defense

Some high priced free agents to blind the Redskins fans. 

And boom 6-10 if we're lucky

9 minutes ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

I wish I knew what a super bowl championship felt like. I wish I knew what RFK was like. I wish I remembered much before Dan Snyder. But I do get your point. I'm holding out on the "we have to eventually be good" card for a long time now. Can't imagine what seasoned Lions fans or Eagles fans feel like lol.

I live in Michigan born and raised only thing I've got going for me being a Redskins fan is that I'm not a Lions fan. Yet they've beat the Skins the last 3 times they've played I believe and I believe It was in Detroit and I've been there. 

So yeah we suck.

13 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I cannot keep up with it all.  Here is my summary of our recent dysfunction.

I believe Cousins has not signed his tender, or if he did, he waited a couple days to sign.  I think it's time to prepare to learn he doesn't want to be here. Can anyone blame him, and if true, do we then really want him for just 1 year?

We don't know if Scot works here. Bruce talks to the Tennessee media about Scot, before ours. We hear Doug Williams may be our GM. Or it may be  Bruce. Maybe Dan is back helping out with tube links. Or, maybe Scot will be back after the most important time of the year. 

Jay was finally inked to an extension at the 11th hour, probably only because free agency was about to start and agents were blowing us off. We lost McVay, no big deal likely, but he may have also been our coach with the most upside. We didn't replace him.

We promote from within on defense, hardly inspiring after last years horrendous defense. 

We are forced to rely on media / speculation to get answers, who become lightning rods for posters.  Can anyone blame them for trying to do their jobs, reporting what they think is happening with our dysfunctional team? It's a busy time, and are expected to report. We are in such shambles, and our media guys see nothing but nuggets of insanity, so that is what you can expect to her about.  Our PR staff has to be among league worst, the irony thick with a big media guy in charge.

We blow off Garcon and DJax, and then out of no where pretend to want them back. We then find our Garcon wanted to be traded early in the season.

Am I missing anything, other than we should prepare to take a WR with our first losing out on those 2?

Or:

Summary of the team:

Only one player has signed their tender. It's much more normal for players not to sign their tenders, especially if they are actively working on a LTD. His actual words have been that he wants to stay here. I know, what else is he going to say. That's the lamest argument. How about saying nothing. Also, signing the tag actually forces the team. the only reason for not signing it is to sit out. Do you really think he is going to sit out and not get paid leaving $24M on the table? Drawing a poor conclusion here.

We do not know what's going on with Scot. How about going with every conspiracy theory we wait to see what it actually it? Also, while fans may not know who is talking to FAs, I bet the players do. Just because they are not telling the media and therefore the fans what's going on does not mean they are not telling players and their agents. Again, let's wait before sending the team to the executioners table.

The team absolutely did the right thing extending Jay. Sorry the timing doesn't work with peoples personal timelines of when it should happen. But why dwell on that instead of hey - they did the right thing! Move on!

Let's let Manusky actually do something before deciding it's a bad decision.

After years of the team being a completely open book and most everyone complaining that they wished they would shut it - now they are being more tight lipped and people can't stand it. Double standard anyone? While I was a bit critical a few pages ago, I am now leaning more to I am glad and hope they stay totally silent. When there is something to actually report, they will report it. And BA meeting with a team in TN is ****ing hilarious. Local media was losing their minds. Puts a smile on my face.

There is nothing that prevents the team from still resigning one of both WR FAs. But both are going to want big money, especially Jackson. And if recent reports are true (I do not know, just saying if), that Garcon wanted a trade. If that is true, then he can **** off. There are other players. Hope to see more of Harris, someone people have not talked about. How do you know there has been zero contact? For all we know both players said they wanted to test the market. The last minute call was probably to say they are interested and to give them a call once they get an idea of their worth. The team would like a chance to keep them but understand it's a business.

I do not know any more than anyone else if any of what I wrote is true or not. Just making the point, there are other options - logical options. Not saying yours are not logical. But they are talking a decidedly negative spin where mine is more positive.

In the end, I prefer to wait to see what actually happens then respond to that. No reason to get all worked up when we really do not know what's going on.

NFL MediaVerified account @NFLMedia

"He is not in the building today for free agency at all. When agents are taking calls from Redskins it has been Eric Schaffer." @RapSheet

"I’m told last week even Scot McCloughan was running the draft meetings for the Washington Redskins." @RapSheet

^^Translating that tweet lol...Scot is (of course) not "in the building" at the start of free agency, however, what's-his-ass was told even last week that Scot had been running their draft meetings right up to the combine. When talking to some "people with the Redskins", what's-his-face said that they knew Scot wouldn't be on the plane to the combine but did not know he wouldn't be there at all.

13 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

In the end, I prefer to wait to see what actually happens then respond to that. No reason to get all worked up when we really do not know what's going on.

Good counter post.

Impressive that you can wait to delve into the latest reports that Cousins is likely to be traded. 

The offseason is for obsessing over this stuff! 

Not a fan of the smear campaign on garçon to excuse the team for not resigning him. No need for it. Classic redskins that we get a great gm that has been a big part of restoring us from the doldrums only to have him relapse. Just so unfortunate if true. 

8 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Good counter post.

Impressive that you can wait to delve into the latest reports that Cousins is likely to be traded. 

The offseason is for obsessing over this stuff! 

I have looked at them and just don't think any of them are realistic. Of course like everyone else, I could be very very wrong. I believe the team will sign him, either soon or at the July 15th deadline which allows to resign myself to waiting.  

And I agree, it's a perfect to obsess. But I am trying to stay with just the football news, not the surrounding drama.

21 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

NFL MediaVerified account @NFLMedia

"He is not in the building today for free agency at all. When agents are taking calls from Redskins it has been Eric Schaffer." @RapSheet

"I’m told last week even Scot McCloughan was running the draft meetings for the Washington Redskins." @RapSheet

^^Translating that tweet lol...Scot is (of course) not "in the building" at the start of free agency, however, what's-his-ass was told even last week that Scot had been running their draft meetings right up to the combine. When talking to some "people with the Redskins", what's-his-face said that they knew Scot wouldn't be on the plane to the combine but did not know he wouldn't be there at all.

Just because he's not physically in the building doesn't mean he's not involved. Maybe he was meeting with Cousins's agent? Or with a draft prospect at their home/school? Or any litany of things a GM has to do.

10 minutes ago, moondog said:

Not a fan of the smear campaign on garçon to excuse the team for not resigning him. No need for it. Classic redskins that we get a great gm that has been a big part of restoring us from the doldrums only to have him relapse. Just so unfortunate if true. 

Smear campaign?? It's been confirmed that he requested a trade early this season...in a contract year coming off a playoff berth. 

So if anything, his passive aggressive "I haven't even heard from the Skins yet" bull**** all offseason is the smear campaign. Why would you contact a guy to try to sign him early when he tried to get off the team already?

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Just because he's not physically in the building doesn't mean he's not involved. Maybe he was meeting with Cousins's agent? Or with a draft prospect at their home/school? Or any litany of things a GM has to do.

Come on, you're gonna break your arm reaching. 

If you believe all the reports, it's unusual for a GM to not be physically in the building at the start of the legal tampering. 

I'll say it again, I bought into the combine excuses, but after a while you have to call it the way it appears. Something isn't right.

5 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Come on, you're gonna break your arm reaching. 

If you believe all the reports, it's unusual for a GM to not be physically in the building at the start of the legal tampering. 

I'll say it again, I bought into the combine excuses, but after a while you have to call it the way it appears. Something isn't right.

You're probably right, but in today's era of fake news and shoddy journalism, its hard to know what's really going on.

...has it dawned on anyone else that we kinda just bulldozed a decent team and that we are probably gonna slog through another 4-12 season this year?

That is literally just hitting me and i feel sick

Like we willingly are embracing suck right now.

The first decent back to back team I've ever seen. This is ****ing nuts

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He was too busy walking his dog, picking up dog poo, not shaving and a litany of other GM related activities today.

If another team's GM was silenced by their organization, then didn't show at the combine or opening day of free agency - what's the logical conclusion? He's too busy doing other GM things?!

2 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

...has it dawned on anyone else that we kinda just bulldozed a decent team and that we are probably gonna slog through another 4-12 season this year?

That is literally just hitting me and i feel sick

Like we willingly are embracing suck right now.

The first decent back to back team I've ever seen. This is ****ing nuts

It's a direct slap in the face. This **** franchise doesn't care about the fans they know enough will still send them their money that they can forever be an incompetent **** show with no repercussions. 

Archived