Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Cousins for picks, draft QB???

Boss_Hogg

Trade Franchised Cousins for picks and draft a QB???  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Cousins (if franchised) for picks and draft a QB???

This poll is closed to new votes

On 1/4/2017 at 1:41 PM, justice98 said:

With  an improved defense and running game, I think Colt could get you 8 wins

Do you honestly think Colt is going to stay healthy enough to actually get 8 wins?  And on the flip side, how many wins would we get with an improved defense and running game with Kirk?

McCoy was 1-3 in 2014 as a starter.  Very well could've went 0-4 if the defense didn't bail him out against Dallas that year. 

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Yeah me either. Obviously I'm not an expert in any way, but from my admittedly mediocre knowledge of formations, etc I can very often guess when we're running and when we're passing. I don't see much unpredictability and it feels like there were many times the other team's D got our number and we never adjusted.

This is something we can agree on. I think we very obvious a lot of the time on both sides of the ball. We have the worst blitz disguises I can remember and we have obvious run formations and personnel. But that's where I think our run game is the weakest. When they know we have to run, we get no push  front and can't get those yards. I think that has a huge impact on red zone scoring because they know we are likely to try to throw it in. Every other team lines up run heavy and can sneak that back or tight end out for the easy score. Not us. They don't have to honor run so they always play pass and we are covered. 

19 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Do you honestly think Colt is going to stay healthy enough to actually get 8 wins?  And on the flip side, how many wins would we get with an improved defense and running game with Kirk?

McCoy was 1-3 in 2014 as a starter.  Very well could've went 0-4 if the defense didn't bail him out against Dallas that year. 

You'd get more wins under that scenario with Kirk, but my point was, our offense around him could be more different than people are giving it credit for.  I'm not entirely sure keeping Kirk means the offense will just keep on trucking no matter what.

But as a point of fact, Kirk was 1-4.  Woulda been 0-4, but he got credit for the Tenn win where he got yanked for Colt, who really won it.  Argument could be made that Colt was actually better than Kirk in 2014.

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

You'd get more wins under that scenario with Kirk, but my point was, our offense around him could be more different than people are giving it credit for.  I'm not entirely sure keeping Kirk means the offense will just keep on trucking no matter what.

But as a point of fact, Kirk was 1-4.  Woulda been 0-4, but he got credit for the Tenn win where he got yanked for Colt, who really won it.  Argument could be made that Colt was actually better than Kirk in 2014.

You could argue that Alfred Morris was better than Barry Sanders. Stupid argument.

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

What are you even talking about?

Original statement was.... "Argument could be made that Colt was actually better than Kirk in 2014. "

If you really believe that Colt is a viable replacement for Cousins, you might be able to make a similar argument that Morris was better than Sanders.

Either one would be a blinders-on, cool-aide drinking, fantasy football argument.

8 minutes ago, jbird said:

Original statement was.... "Argument could be made that Colt was actually better than Kirk in 2014. "

If you really believe that Colt is a viable replacement for Cousins, you might be able to make a similar argument that Morris was better than Sanders.

Either one would be a blinders-on, cool-aide drinking, fantasy football argument.

He was giving a specific example with stats and w/l records to do a comparison for two players on the same team in a certain year. You brought up two random running backs that had nothing to do with each other and didn't even play in the same decade.

On 1/4/2017 at 2:41 PM, BuhBuhBiggie said:

No to Romo, Fitz, or any other old, broken down QB. 

I would however check in on Teddy Bridgewater's status. I know, I know, we've had our share of bad knee QBs, but if he and Minny are on the outs, and if he can be had for a decent price, that guy can definitely lead a team. 

I don't know if Teddy will ever play again, that was a nasty injury, he suffered

Just now, mistertim said:

Please stop this "no run game" nonsense. We had a pretty decent run game actually. The problem was that Jay and Sean got away from it too easily. 

We were 9th in YPA

We were tied for 6th in rushing TDs

We were 21st in YPG

We were 21st in rushing yards.

See the disconnect there? When we ran it we actually ran pretty well. That disconnect between YPA and YPG is Jay and Sean being super pass oriented and leaving the run behind too easily.

And the yards don't matter if you don't score the TDs and punch it in in the red zone. We didn't do that. The yards are fool's gold without the points.

So that one play got them through multiple playoff games and the Super Bowl twice?

Well, I dont know enough to talk about stats and ****, but if you watched the games I did where we would be lucky to get 2 yards out of a running play, or earlier in the season we ran the risk of loosing the ball with everyone, it surely didn't look like a mediocre running game.   Though I agree with you have jay/sean.... it was super frustrating to hear them say "we've got to try to run the ball in the endzone" right before they decided to throw 3 fade's on the field. WTF? But, I think that Jay is learning, he started running more late in the season but it just didn't work out this year. The team needs tweaks... a few players on defense could lift the entire thing... and missing that chip-shot field goal at the bengals was kinda of a fluke thing, we'd totally be in the playoffs if it werent for that missed kick and then noone would even be questioning Kirk.

On 1/4/2017 at 9:50 AM, drowland said:

I'd add AJ McCarron, but I think the Bengals drafted him after Jay left.  Still he'd be someone to bring in who wouldn't cost much and has some experience.  Mike Glennon is another.  

I like these guys but how much will they cost? Unless we get them via F.A., the price may be too high.. Pats want a 1st and a 4th for Jimmy Garoppolo. Once again too high!

Guess it will be McCoy or Sudfeld

4 hours ago, jbird said:

Looks like we are going to pick up Romo, and bring in Rex Ryan as D Coordinator....

john-cleese-no.gif

Is this what we have sunk to as a fanbase?  Instead of discussing how much we should pay to retain our Redskins history making QB, we discuss whether we should bring in Glennon or McCarron?  Is it that we hate ourselves?  Has it been so long since we had success that we loathe the sight of it?  

And if you ever said Romo was a choke artist at any point on here, and 99.9999999% of you have, because its true, and you have now proposed bringing in his broken 472 year old body as a real viable solution, please, on behalf of the entire board, I implore you, seek professional help...Please.

22 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Is this what we have sunk to as a fanbase?  Instead of discussing how much we should pay to retain our Redskins history making QB, we discuss whether we should bring in Glennon or McCarron?  Is it that we hate ourselves?  Has it been so long since we had success that we loathe the sight of it?  

And if you ever said Romo was a choke artist at any point on here, and 99.9999999% of you have, because its true, and you have now proposed bringing in his broken 472 year old body as a real viable solution, please, on behalf of the entire board, I implore you, seek professional help...Please.

Hey at least we're not talking about signing Johnny Manzeil or Tim Tebow!

2 hours ago, DM72 said:

What is everyone's opinion on Nate Subfield? 

Who is Subfield? 

J/K... well, if we sign KC to a contract, he'll be holding the clip for 5 years and we'll never know. I don't think that's what he had in mind when ScotM told him to hang in there.

I like Kirk but the only thing he has proved at this point is that he throw the ball around and put up big numbers in the regular season but he has had basically two playoff games and failed.  Furthermore, big problems in the red zone scoring touchdowns and stage fright in big games two years in after being the full time starter. So I am fine signing him but not elite money because he is not elite.  But I think there is a bigger problem.  Based on the tone in his interviews I don't really think he wants to be here.  I get the feeling he wants out unless our FO pays him top money.  If he doesn't want to be here, then get the hell out is the way I feel.

Archived