Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

whenever i single out any particular major trump agent for serious animus i feel like it's a case of spotlighting just one turd in a cesspool, and no matter how turdy that turd is, it's still floating among many other very turdy turds

undaunted, i'll proceed by noting that as with the other turds, it might be a bit of a challenge to conceive of a fate too unpleasant to not still be considered appropriate for devos and prince

the gop already lined the good ole boys (cheny/rummy go way back with mercer/devos of course) pockets with billions from the gulf wars at an enormous cost of blood and treasure for their own greed of money and lust of power, and they're salivating at another go-around

I don't want much of any reality TV and haven't in several years, Survivor was about the only thing I ever caught, and maybe some of The Voice.  I never saw an episode of anything Omarosa was on, but you hear bits and pieces, read other things, and my general impression was that she was basically a piece of **** that no one liked.

Somehow, this administration is turning her into a potential hero/redemption story.  And I'm not even remotely surprised anymore.

10 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I don't want much of any reality TV and haven't in several years, Survivor was about the only thing I ever caught, and maybe some of The Voice.  I never saw an episode of anything Omarosa was on, but you hear bits and pieces, read other things, and my general impression was that she was basically a piece of **** that no one liked.

Somehow, this administration is turning her into a potential hero/redemption story.  And I'm not even remotely surprised anymore.

What she's doing now is what she did on the Apprentice....I have no idea why he would hire her and not think she'd do something like this. This is exactly what you'd expect from her, I'm honestly surprised it didn't happen sooner.

11 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I think  she started the image rehab on celeb big brother though. 

That was the first I ever heard of her.  I had no clue who she was on there.  She actually stated on that show that Trump is mentally incapable of being president and that things were going to get very bad, and how things were a lot worse than we could have ever imagined.

She was pretty much spot on.

So this was a fun read...especially the fracking part

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fact-check-friday-parade-mistruths/story?id=57217139

Frack check

President Trump's frustration with New York state's decision to ban hydraulic fracturing is an economically justifiable stance to take, but the "science" he uses to back his position is just wrong.

He told donors in Utica, NY Monday that they could have been living in a "boom town," but instead surrounding states like Ohio and Pennsylvania are depleting New York's natural gas deposits with underground drills that take turns and cross state lines.

"Think of it," he told Tenney supporters at the Hotel Utica. "If they would’ve allowed a little bit of fracking, and taken some of the richness out of the land, which by the way is being sucked away by other states — you know they don’t have state lines underground. You know what that means. That means it just goes down down down. We don't get it. You look at what's happened in Pennsylvania with the money they've taken in. You look at what happened in Ohio with the money they've taken in. They're fracking, they're drilling a little bit. They're creating jobs. And this place it's just so sad to see it. And we had the potential to do it better than anybody and it's now – it's dissipating. It's dissipating. Because that stuff flows. Do you understand that? It flows. And they probably have those little turns [gesturing with hands] you know they make the turns at the border -- it goes like this right? [again gesturing with hands]. And all of the sudden someday you're not going to have that underground maybe so much. And it's a shame. Because you could have had no taxes."

Actually, the natural gas extracted during the fracking process does not "flow." Fracking stands for fracturing.

Energy companies drill thousands of feet underground and fracture shale in order to extract trapped gas. There is no flowing river of gas in this case. It's rock.

However, Trump is right that the drills turn.

The fracturing actually occurs in man-made horizontal wells that can be nearly a mile long. But to suggest that somehow Pennsylvania could extract large portions of New York's gas is false. New York's Department of Environmental Conservation estimates there may be as much as 7.1 trillion cubic feet of untapped natural gas in the state, much of it in the Appalachian Basin, and area that spans northern Pennsylvania and southern New York state. Meanwhile, the City of Utica (which is in the Basin), sits about 80 miles from the Pennsylvania border. The drills don't reach that far. Their rock is safe.

43 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

What she's doing now is what she did on the Apprentice....I have no idea why he would hire her and not think she'd do something like this. This is exactly what you'd expect from her, I'm honestly surprised it didn't happen sooner.

I think it's a combination of couple factors.

1) Trump is pretty much incapable of any long term strategic planning or even just general foresight. He acts almost purely on impulse, no matter what facts or evidence may be staring him in the face, and then relies on others to clean up the mess later.

2) The absolute #1 priority for Trump is getting praise and adulation. Everything else is secondary. Omarosa praised him, defended him, and said good things about him publicly, therefore everything else about her character was a distant second, even though he had seen firsthand that she was an unapologetic backstabber. We've seen him do this many times in the past (ie believing Putin over our own IC because Putin praises him).

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

While rational folks would be alarmed at all these intelligence officials coming out publicly against Trump, I do have to wonder if Trump supporters see it as more validation of "seeeee....they are all out to get him, the deeeeeeeeeeep state!"

You already know the answer to that.

His cult believes everything he says.  They applaud each removal of clearances.  When Trump starts removing clearances from people on Mueller's team; they will applaud even louder.

Archived