Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Wind River.  Great movie.  Taylor Sheridan has written three movies that have been released to date: Sicario, Hell or High Water, and Wind River.  This is the first time he's written and directed the same movie.  If he can keep making them like this, I hope he makes a hundred more.  There is a style element to his film making that everyone may not like.  I do. 

One thing I would have changed was that I would have preferred if Renner's character had been Native American.

• Like 2

To pile on:

- Gal Gadot is today's Jessica Alba.

- Chris Pine mails the movie in big time, playing a lobotomized version of his Kirk.  You can see the regret on his face in nearly every scene.

- Not a single character in this is interesting, original, or has any meaningful depth, conflict, or relatable motivation.

- Zach Snyder is an abomination.  He got a story by credit for this?  No wonder it sucks.  How can you let the guy who is, by far, the worst storyteller among major Hollywood directors create your story for you?

- The director and screenwriter were totally out of their depth trying to make a period comic book war movie with major action elements.  This thing was an 150 million dollar fan fiction that lifted an incoherent jumble of ideas from just about every major period war movie of the last 25 years.

- The largely positive critical response tells me this movie got graded on a curve because it was a girl comic book movie and because it was DC.  It's ****.

On 9/30/2017 at 9:34 PM, Destino said:

Blade runner is great and easily one of the best science fiction movies ever made.  It's not the kind of science fiction that's for everyone though.  It's not all about the action and laser guns.  

Not saying you're making this argument necessarily, but I dont think people that dont like it automatically cant appreciate smart, slow burn sci-fi.

Baywatch was much better than I expected.  It wasn't horrible, just bad.  I laughed out loud a few times and, though I've seen Daddario's bewbs without clothes, they aren't half bad with clothes, either.  Rock and Zach were themselves.  

What Happened to Monday was fun.  Interesting concept for a sci-fi, though the movie itself was nothing special.  I love Noomi in anything.   

Blade Runner 2069.  There was no way I was going to miss this movie, but I found myself laughing at it more than enjoying it.  The first issue is that there are obnoxiously loud foghorn sounding effects throughout this movie.  Maybe I was sitting too close to a speaker but by the 8th time it just became a running joke.  The writers seeemed to be operating with a hard cap on words to the point where everyone seems to be doing a Clint Eastwood impression.  The plot doesn't seem to make any sense.  Random bees.  Just a lot to laugh at in this movie, for me.  Too much style too little substance.  

• Like 1

On 10/3/2017 at 8:49 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Just watched Wonder Woman.  This movie is awful.  Threadbare plot.  Threadbare characters.  **** screenplay full of holes, failed jokes, awkward dialogue, and cliches.  **** direction.

All non-Nolan DC movies are hot garbage.

Hate to say this but you are the outlier in this. 

On 10/3/2017 at 11:49 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Just watched Wonder Woman.  This movie is awful.  Threadbare plot.  Threadbare characters.  **** screenplay full of holes, failed jokes, awkward dialogue, and cliches.  **** direction.

4 hours ago, Destino said:

Blade Runner 2069.  There was no way I was going to miss this movie, but I found myself laughing at it more than enjoying it.  The first issue is that there are obnoxiously loud foghorn sounding effects throughout this movie.  Maybe I was sitting too close to a speaker but by the 8th time it just became a running joke.  The writers seeemed to be operating with a hard cap on words to the point where everyone seems to be doing a Clint Eastwood impression.  The plot doesn't seem to make any sense.  Random bees.  Just a lot to laugh at in this movie, for me.  Too much style too little substance.  

Tough crowd.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Destino said:

No wonder.  I think you watched the wrong movie. :kickcan:

Edited by pjfootballer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Man, like Sicario, Villeneuve's style can carry Blade Runner 2049's plot up to the last half-hour, but just can't close it satisfyingly. But I can blame Ridley Scott for that, this time.

Worth watching? Yup.

I should have included that it's worth watching.  I don't regret going to see it.  

I saw Wonder Woman on demand...meh, I guess it was ok.

Gal Gadot is sexy, but I really HATE the obligatory cliche Superhero vs Supervillain dragged out fight scene. I guess you have to put it in there to get 15 year olds to buy tickets, but it's the same tired shtick every time.

image.jpeg.14d134f4eddeb80b358c0019d9fadd79.jpeg

Brawl in Cell Block 99 is awesome and highly recommended...

Vince Vaughn gets laid off from his job and goes back to running drugs to provide for his family. A deal goes down bad and the drugs were lost. Vaugh's character actually saves the cops from being killed in a shootout. He gets a tough sentence in a medium security jail and is visited in jail by the drug dealer's consigliere and is presented with the choice of carrying out a supposed assignment for them in a different max prison or they kill his wife.

Two thumbs way up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My wife and I agree. She went and saw it in theaters and didn't under stand why people were raving about it, though she liked Gal Gadot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

Brawl in Cell Block 99 is awesome and highly recommended...

Vince Vaughn gets laid off from his job and goes back to running drugs to provide for his family. A deal goes down bad and the drugs were lost. Vaugh's character actually saves the cops from being killed in a shootout. He gets a tough sentence in a medium security jail and is visited in jail by the drug dealer's consigliere and is presented with the choice of carrying out a supposed assignment for them in a different max prison or they kill his wife.

Two thumbs way up!

is this in theaters? I've had on my radar to watch for awhile now but not sure where it is 

5 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

is this in theaters? I've had on my radar to watch for awhile now but not sure where it is 

Watched it online. Enjoy. Atomic Blonde is not bad either which is in the link.

https://gomovies.sc/movie/atomic-blonde-2017-movie/watching/?ep=8

1 hour ago, ksun247 said:

That was a very good movie! I loved it also. 

Yes, a very good movie I agree.

• Like 1

To each his own.  Wonder Woman was great. It ranks there with Superman 1 and 2, Batman and the Nolan Batman trilogy.

=================================================================================================

I never seen the original but Blade Runner 2049 was okay. A little long and slow but I liked it.  So, I'll give it a B.

I can see why, it's not clicking with today's audience.

Edited by Rdskns2000

Gotta agree with stevemcqueen1's assesment of Wonder Woman. What an awful movie. Its a shame, because Gadot

is a gorgeous knockout with no shortage of talent, but her skills and beauty are wasted on this long and cliched story. 

I want to see BR 2049, but given its length, I'll wait for it to come out on Blue-Ray so I can skip through the dull sections.