Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

"It" is doing great at the box office:

"The studio that gave us Nightmare on Elm Street and The Conjuring horror franchises has created another milestone for the genre with their feature adaptation of Stephen King’s Itwhich is now on course to slot the best opening day ever for an R-rated and horror title with an estimated $51M  (easily smashing Deadpool‘s $47.3M) and the second best R-title three-day between  $103.4M-$108M, behind Deadpool‘s $132.4M. In addition, for any post-summer title opening before November, It‘s weekend is higher than anything released prior in September or October.

With no signs this AM of It slowing down (East Coast sales are brisk) and with good holds expected for tonight, some longtime box office observers are thinking this film could even float up to $120M by the time the screaming stops late Sunday."

22 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That's a good point about Wig. I'm really excited to see how the casting  shapes up. I hope it's not too long of a wait for the sequel

I loved the cheers and applause when chapter one pops up at the end. 

Just saw that Jessica Chastain was apparently the choice for adult Beverly...that would work.

A few thoughts on It...

The source matter is, and always was, the cheese supreme.  The prologue/pre-teen portion of the story, which this movie focuses on exclusively, is particularly corny.

The movie embraces this cheesiness and delivers a faithful adaption...essentially a very, very hard R version of Scooby-Doo with f-bombs and dick jokes galore.  

Well-paced and almost perfectly cast, it's never slow or boring even though it was a full 2+ hours...and that's considerable praise from a well known hater like myself.

Pennywise was more than adequate and beefed up quite a bit by high quality CGI.  Nobody was ever gonna top Tim Curry anyway...so they didn't try.  Good decision.

Highly entertaining and recommended.  About 1000 times better than that Alien:Covenant trash.  But not near the level of excellence of something like The Witch.  I look forward to part 2.

• Like 1

My IT Review.

http://roccocaz.squarespace.com/pageit/

A brisk 1110 words. 

In short, I really liked it. 9/10

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

A few thoughts on It...

The source matter is, and always was, the cheese supreme.  The prologue/pre-teen portion of the story, which this movie focuses on exclusively, is particularly corny.

The movie embraces this cheesiness and delivers a faithful adaption...essentially a very, very hard R version of Scooby-Doo with f-bombs and dick jokes galore.  

Well-paced and almost perfectly cast, it's never slow or boring even though it was a full 2+ hours...and that's considerable praise from a well known hater like myself.

Pennywise was more than adequate and beefed up quite a bit by high quality CGI.  Nobody was ever gonna top Tim Curry anyway...so they didn't try.  Good decision.

Highly entertaining and recommended.  About 1000 times better than that Alien:Covenant trash.  But not near the level of excellence of something like The Witch.  I look forward to part 2.

You're on some other ****.

IT is not a corny novel at all, it's quite visceral and pretty scary. Especially for being like thirty years old.

Edited by MondayNightCowboyKilla89
  • Like 2

I finally got around to watching White Privilege Baby Driver.  It's amazingly dumb and super cheesy but if the music is able to distract your brain long enough (and it did mine), it works.  Great cast, sound track, slick directing, and entirely too much acting talent.  Very enjoyable movie.  I had to laugh at the end though... oh but he's such a nice boy.  lol  

• Like 1

On 9/12/2017 at 11:16 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

ive been meaning to check this out. Nice to see the high praise 

Watch it with head phones at night, alone.  Horror movies don't work if you're distracted, and this is a spectacularly creepy one.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Destino said:

Watch it with head phones at night, alone.  Horror movies don't work if you're distracted, and this is a spectacularly creepy one.

Indont have headphones but the surround sound will work. And I only watch horror movies in the dark and e phone is put away. Looking forward to this one.

this reminds me: 

MV5BMjQ3MDA0ODA2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzg0

It Comes At Night

Secure within a desolate home as an unnatural threat terrorizes the world, a man has established a tenuous domestic order with his wife and son. Then a desperate young family arrives seeking refuge.

Watched this Friday night. This movie was pretty intense. Its a very basic plot but the tension and fear is created in what the film doesn't show and in the personal dynamics among all of the characters. How much do you trust people in a pure survival situation? With the stress of the outside world and the pressure to keep your own loved ones alive? It sort of attacks all the things TWD does but in a much more serious and realistic way and tied up in about 2 hours. There is a nice buildup forns good payoff.

Joel edgerton continues to be a boss. Love that guy. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

It, the movie, was good.  

Spoiler

They definitely ratcheted up the fear factor for the clown way up from the original (which has not aged well).  Pennywise is pure nightmare fuel.  They may have taken the dangers faced by the towns young heros a bit too far though.  When tables finally turn it feels like David vs 10 Goliaths and that they shouldn't win.  Plus some of the kids were really annoying and I kind of wanted the clown to eat them.  Richie for sure, maybe Stanley.  It would have been a good twist if they'd killed half of them and the survivors swore vengeance.  Ok maybe not good.  Satisfying though.

Anyway, it's a pretty good horror movie.  

On 17/9/2017 at 4:17 PM, Springfield said:

The VVitch was awful.  Couldn't stand the dialogue and the end of the film was crap.  Came highly recommended from a horror film buff of mine but I thought it was awful.

Looking forward to what people see about mother!  It looks like it could be great.

Mother got an F on Cinemascore :unsure:

Angelina Jolie strikes again, with another great movie as director.  I believe Jolie has found her calling behind the cameras, she knows how to create an atmosphere.  First They Killed My Father.  Word is that it's a shoe-in for an Oscar nomination for Best Foreign Picture.  It's a top 5 foreign film I've seen all year.  

Loung Ung is 5 years old when the Khmer Rouge assumes power over Cambodia in 1975. They soon begin a four-year reign of terror and genocide in which nearly 2 million Cambodians die. Forced from her family's home in Phnom Penh, Ung is trained as a child soldier while her six siblings are sent to labor camps.

Can't remember the last time I saw a movie that was worth mentioning in here, but First They Killed My Father is mandatory viewing for everyone.   Very powerful and emotional film.  Dark and depressing foreign dramas are what move me the most, and Angelina shoved this one right up in my wheelhouse.  It's devastating.  It may or may not have been dusty when we watched this.  Wife cried at least three times.

The little girl stole the show, she was 10/10.  Brilliant.  

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1