Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

4 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Baby Driver was annoying.  Yet...not without its charms.

C+ I guess.

I'd give it a C+ too. The car chase scenes were cool, at least. 

I don't understand why people are getting so hyped about Thor: Ragnarok. I mean, did they not see Thor: Dark World? That

was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Thor movies have been the worst of the Marvel universe, outside of that garbage F4 joint.  

That said, i have a little hope for this new one cuz it looks heavy on the Hulk.  Probably a lot of smashing :)

Edit:  wow, just checked. Thor: Rag is at 98% on rotten currently.  Dang.

Edited by Chew

2 hours ago, Mournblade said:

I'd give it a C+ too. The car chase scenes were cool, at least. 

I don't understand why people are getting so hyped about Thor: Ragnarok. I mean, did they not see Thor: Dark World? That

was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Ragnarok is said to be nothing like the first two Thor movies.  And it’s a team up movie with Hulk.  I think that’s what people are excited about.  Plus the reactions from advanced screenings have been positive.  

• Like 1

American Made.  Tom Cruise playing Barry Seal, a late 70s into the mid 80s pilot who was drug smuggling and acting as an informant for the CIA.

Solid movie, entertaining.  Some funny parts.  The camera work was pretty odd at some certain points but if you like 70s and 80s period pieces, this is pretty good.

I give it a B.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2017 at 4:46 AM, Chump Bailey said:

Brawl in Cell Block 99 is awesome and highly recommended...

Vince Vaughn gets laid off from his job and goes back to running drugs to provide for his family. A deal goes down bad and the drugs were lost. Vaugh's character actually saves the cops from being killed in a shootout. He gets a tough sentence in a medium security jail and is visited in jail by the drug dealer's consigliere and is presented with the choice of carrying out a supposed assignment for them in a different max prison or they kill his wife.

Two thumbs way up!

My man!  I remember one of the ES homies recommended this joint, so we watched it last night.  Awesome movie, I friggin' loved it.  Ultra violent, unique story, and Vince showing off his drama chops again.  I almost like Vince more in serious films than as a goofball.  He nailed it here.

Did I mention this movie is SUPER ****ing violent?  Borderline gore fetish stuff.  Loved it!

I'm with Chump Bailey, Brawl in Cell Block 99 gets two thumbs way up from me, too.  One of Vince Vaughn's best films. :)

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, youngchew said:

My man!  I remember one of the ES homies recommended this joint, so we watched it last night.  Awesome movie, I friggin' loved it.  Ultra violent, unique story, and Vince showing off his drama chops again.  I almost like Vince more in serious films than as a goofball.  He nailed it here.

Did I mention this movie is SUPER ****ing violent?  Borderline gore fetish stuff.  Loved it!

I'm with Chump Bailey, Brawl in Cell Block 99 gets two thumbs way up from me, too.  One of Vince Vaughn's best films. :)

The Bone Tomahawk guy made this flick.

I need to see it!

48 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The Bone Tomahawk guy made this flick.

I need to see it!

Dawg, I just realized that too as I was reading about it on Rotten! Awesome. 

Apple's to oranges story/plot wise, but Brawl was just as good as BT

Just went to see Kingsman 2, and the movie seriously impressed.  

I expected a whole lot of CGI fight scenes, but there was a ton of good acting and character in it.  (And a whole lot of references to the earlier movie, and lots of great humor.)  

The Foreigner.  Jackie Chan steps into the anti-hero role and faces off with the fiercely Irish Pierce Brosnan.  

This a highly watchable film, but it lacks the focus necessary to make it sizzle.  Jackie Chan is one of my heroes.  He's simply the best.  I enjoyed watching him add some depth here, but my heart was crying out for him to pick up a prop and work his magic on a room full of bad guys with it.  There are long stretches in the film where his character is entirely absent.  

I thought Brosnan carried his role well.  The movie felt like it got stuck between an action flick and an Irish Republican Army political thriller.  I think it would've been more successful if it would've been more of the former and less of the latter.  

It's still a worthwhile view for any hardcore Jackie Chan fan.  At 62, the legend still has some gas left in the tank. 2.5/4.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

The Foreigner.  Jackie Chan steps into the anti-hero role and faces off with the fiercely Irish Pierce Brosnan.  

This a highly watchable film, but it lacks the focus necessary to make it sizzle.  Jackie Chan is one of my heroes.  He's simply the best.  I enjoyed watching him add some depth here, but my heart was crying out for him to pick up a prop and work his magic on a room full of bad guys with it.  There are long stretches in the film where his character is entirely absent.  

I thought Brosnan carried his role well.  The movie felt like it got stuck between an action flick and an Irish Republican Army political thriller.  I think it would've been more successful if it would've been more of the former and less of the latter.  

It's still a worthwhile view for any hardcore Jackie Chan fan.  At 62, the legend still has some gas left in the tank. 2.5/4.

Comedy is probably still more his scene. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Comedy is probably still more his scene. 

I agree to an extent, but I was really excited to see him in a serious revenge role.  I think the role was fine, the action sequences just needed more pop.  But the man is 63 years old.  I can understand some of the limitations there.  Either way, it was great to see him on the big screen again.  

I will always pay up to see Jackie Chan.  Unless it's a Rush Hour movie. :)

• Like 1

Just got back from seeing Thor Ragnarok...JUST WOW. A full-on blast of fun and entertainment! And I mean true entertainment, as in what a movie theatre experience should strive to be. It was hilarious, brilliant non-stop action, great character interaction,  great camera shots, great editing. The crowd was clapping at the end and the audience was buzzing throughout the credits. I go to the theatre at least 18 times a year (including opening nights) and I've never seen a response like this.

Edited by Metalhead
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1