Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Atomic Blonde.  I give it a 3/5.  Charlize is great, the action is great.  Um, the hot lesbian scene between her and the French spy is great...

Not gonna lie though, when I heard one of the characters say something along the lines of "There's a list with a name of spies on it and we need to get it back..." I kinda rolled my eyes and lost some interest.  

Kinda confusing movie, a lot of twists and stuff.  But the action is great, the colors and feel are nice.  Awesome 80s soundtrack.  

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Just watched Ronin for the umpteenth time.  I love it so much...never gets old.

Top 10 car chase of all-time?  7-series BMW vs the 4-banger turbo through the city streets.  DeNiro was giving that e-brake the business.  :o

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Top 10 car chase of all-time?  7-series BMW vs the 4-banger turbo through the city streets.  DeNiro was giving that e-brake the business.  :o

That sequence was amazing.  John Frankenheimer is a pimp director.  I remember seeing that in the theater and thinking "I wonder what this heist is gonna be like" and then they pulled out the rocket launcher at the start. :)

1 hour ago, Keith Huddleston said:

Dark Tower getting slammed by critics. IGN gives it a 5 out of 10. 16 % so far on RT!!!

Could this be the end of Matthew McConaughey? I sure hope so! 

Most of the reviews are slamming the movie for trying to over simplify a very complex story.  An odd complaint being that this is the only thing Hollywood writers ever do.  It's all they can do.  This is at the heart of why people so often say "the book was better than the movie." 

• Like 1

Saw "Edge of Tommorow", at long last. Killer story, Cruise and Blunt are both terrific in it. But wow the CGI is so terrible to the

point that it is distracting. I give it a solid B, mainly because of the great story and Emily Blunt is SO damn hot in it (she has to be

one of the most beautiful women on the planet.  John Krasinski is one lucky guy). 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Finally Keith! I knew we'd get there eventually. I loved the movie but didn't care for the alien design. 

Still one of my favorite sci-fi movies to come out recently 

See? Persistence pays off :)

• Like 2

Cruise has been crushing the Sci-Fi game for a while now.  Edge of Tomorrow, Minority Report, Oblivion, Vanilla Sky, War of the Worlds.  Some were better than others but I enjoyed them all.  I was pretty bummed out that Mummy was so bad, I didn't like it at all.  

Snatched - Meh.  It was pretty bad but I laughed really hard a few times.  I enjoy crude humor but Schumor always forcing it is getting old.  Nowhere near as good as Trainwreck.  D.  

The Belko Experiment - Man, I had high hopes for this.  It was okay, but wasn't impressed.  C+.  

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

You're not kidding. Had no mystery or charm of the original. Just blah. I was upset I spent $2.75 on the movie ticket lol. And what was going on with crowe's Jekyl/Hyde nonsense? That was a disaster   

Just for clarity, when you say the original, do you mean the one from 1999 with Brenden Fraser?  Because before that was The Mummy in 1959 starring Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee.  And prior to that was The Mummy in 1932 with Boris Karloff.

23 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Just for clarity, when you say the original, do you mean the one from 1999 with Brenden Fraser?  Because before that was The Mummy in 1959 starring Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee.  And prior to that was The Mummy in 1932 with Boris Karloff.

My mistake I meant the Brendan Frazier one that I grew up with 

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

My mistake I meant the Brendan Frazier one that I grew up with 

It can be surprising, sometimes, to find out a movie was a remake.  An example of one that few people seem to be aware of is that the Scarface we all know and love is actually a remake.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

It can be surprising, sometimes, to find out a movie was a remake.  An example of one that few people seem to be aware of is that the Scarface we all know and love is actually a remake.

True and I am aware of previous mummy movies but I am not familiar enough with their plots to consider them the genesis of this Cruise mummy.

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

True and I am aware of previous mummy movies but I am not familiar enough with their plots to consider them the genesis of this Cruise mummy.

From what I've seen, it seems most all mummy movies have the same plot: Mummy wakes up, attacks those who desecrated his tomb, and stalks the reincarnation of his lady-friend.

The Mummy played by Boris Karloff is named Imhotep, same as the 1999 movie.

Anyways, I just looked up the Tom Cruise one on IMDB.  All I had to see was that it was directed by Alex Kurtzman.  That should be reason enough to skip it.

• Like 1