Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Gotta keep an eye on Aaron Rodgers, he's active and its hard to see him making it through this weeks game without taking some hits.

I want him to light the Vikings up like a Christmas tree, and we’ll deal with that next week.

Rhe vikings have been added to the teams I loathe, and only 90% is due to Kirk. 

• Like 1

I was disturbed to hear on other forums how people were giving up on the Redskins and renouncing their fandom largely because of Dan Snyder or various other reasons. I'm surprised that so many people dislike the Redskins in their own city, because you know what...they still seem pretty popular to me. Maybe my head is in the sand. 

All this mediocrity hasn't affected my love for this team one bit. You will see me be critical of the team and their effort, but at the end of the day, this is still a team I love dearly. Other people have lost their love for the Redskins, I don't see how that is possible. I was in the stands sitting watching warmups, when the team came out to the pyro technics I clapped like I had never clapped before. I felt a tinge in my soul. I felt like this was the best team ever, I felt LOVE. No matter what happens with this team, the love I feel for the Redskins that fires up before every game, the passion that I have for this team, will NEVER die. 

• Like 2

I think the most disappointing thing from Sunday was the lack of effort and abandonment of the the run game. Atrocious game plan by Gruden. This 2018 Redskins offense is built to run the football to set up the play action and the screen, Its a simple gameplan that even the most novice of fans can see. Don't try to play call like Kirk Cousins is still the QB cause Alex Smith is not that kind of QB and make the throws Kirk use to.

Honestly i feel like this would have been a perfect team for Gibbs 2, Smith is the ultimate game manager and i still believe Peterson has alot left in the tank. Pound the rock with AP , Thompson & Kelly and then hit em with the play-action or the screen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

I think the most disappointing thing from Sunday was the lack of effort and abandonment of the the run game. Atrocious game plan by Gruden. This 2018 Redskins offense is built to run the football to set up the play action and the screen, Its a simple gameplan that even the most novice of fans can see. Don't try to play call like Kirk Cousins is still the QB cause Alex Smith is not that kind of QB and make the throws Kirk use to.

Honestly i feel like this would have been a perfect team for Gibbs 2, Smith is the ultimate game manager and i still believe Peterson has alot left in the tank. Pound the rock with AP , Thompson & Kelly and then hit em with the play-action or the screen. 

This game was standard Joke Gruden. 

-- Check downs

-- No adjustments

-- Fall behind and give up

Classic Joke Gruden. Cannot wait until he is gone at the end of this season!

Edited by zealoustuttle

This pisses me off!!!!  There is a hurricane coming and people are hunkering down\going to safety, and the Washington Post decides to troll us!

The Redskins are now honest about their attendance. And it’s not pretty.

6P4UGAFZ6MI6RLNYAEJFIFWBAI.jpg

The announced attendance of 57,013 was the lowest for a Redskins home opener in the 21-year history of FedEx Field — down more than 21,000 from the 78,658 who attended the Redskins’ 2017 home opener against the NFC East rival Philadelphia Eagles.

Seriously!  People have more important things to do like take care of their family's.  I bet next year, if the weather is good, it will be a full sell out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I was disturbed to hear on other forums how people were giving up on the Redskins and renouncing their fandom largely because of Dan Snyder or various other reasons. I'm surprised that so many people dislike the Redskins in their own city, because you know what...they still seem pretty popular to me. Maybe my head is in the sand. 

All this mediocrity hasn't affected my love for this team one bit. You will see me be critical of the team and their effort, but at the end of the day, this is still a team I love dearly. Other people have lost their love for the Redskins, I don't see how that is possible. I was in the stands sitting watching warmups, when the team came out to the pyro technics I clapped like I had never clapped before. I felt a tinge in my soul. I felt like this was the best team ever, I felt LOVE. No matter what happens with this team, the love I feel for the Redskins that fires up before every game, the passion that I have for this team, will NEVER die. 

One possibility, of course, is that Snyder's PR team has taken to experimenting with forum bots.

• Haha 1

Well, I know who's jersey I'm not getting next

Chris Thompson calls out Washington fans

The 57,000-fan throng who showed up for Washington’s home opener may have been small but it was vocal. At the wrong times. And running back Chris Thompson didn’t like it.

“I think, as players, we go out there, we want a loud crowd, we want a crowd out there to give us a boost,” Thompson told reporters on Monday, via 106.7 The Fan in D.C. “When their offense is on the field, put them in situations where the communication may be off because they can’t hear and things like that, and we didn’t have a good turnout.”

Thompson noticed the lack of noise when the Colts had the ball, and the adverse noise directed to the home team for its subpar showing.

“I . . . noticed the boos we got as well, and that’s not something that I’m a real big fan of,” Thompson said. “If you’re a fan of a team, you shouldn’t be booing them, whether we’re doing good or bad. We understand as players that we’re not performing how we should. You don’t have to boo us to let us know — we’re out there on the field.”

If he is going to be a malcontent, should we trade him while we can?

Also, Florio piles on too

It makes sense, but good luck reasoning with salty fans who paid good money to watch a not-so-good product.

Florio wouldn't know a real fan even if I punched him in the face.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Maybe I'm reading too much into it.  And to his credit, he did realize why the attendance was so low

“I’m hoping it was because of the weather, or what was supposed to happen with the weather,” Thompson said. “We’ve got another one Sunday, so we’ll see.”

I guess I'm just a salty fan, right Florio?

4 hours ago, zealoustuttle said:

I came to this thread thinking that it was one dedicated to sharing pics of THOTS....

Boy was I disappointed and mislead by the "Thots" title  :(

Bruce Allen is a Thot.

1 hour ago, hatchetwound said:

Well, I know who's jersey I'm not getting next

If he is going to be a malcontent, should we trade him while we can?

Yes, but not for this, because I'm reluctant to give him a contract he's worth with his injury history.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I felt a tinge in my soul. I felt like this was the best team ever, I felt LOVE. No matter what happens with this team, the love I feel for the Redskins that fires up before every game, the passion that I have for this team, will NEVER die. 

Love should be reciprocal or the relationship is doomed to fail. This team hasn’t warranted our love in 25 years and surely gives us nothing back in return for our love 

not Sure what I expected but I will say I’m a little bit surprised that what seems like the majority of the fan base is so ready and willing to ditch this team after two weeks.

its week friggen two people. Chill out and let this thing shake out. It’s Alex’s 2nd week in the system after one offseason. It’s gonna take a little time for it all to click..

our fan base is TOXIC. Not sure the answer but at least let the season play out people.!

59 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

not Sure what I expected but I will say I’m a little bit surprised that what seems like the majority of the fan base is so ready and willing to ditch this team after two weeks.

its week friggen two people. Chill out and let this thing shake out. It’s Alex’s 2nd week in the system after one offseason. It’s gonna take a little time for it all to click..

our fan base is TOXIC. Not sure the answer but at least let the season play out people.!

It's not 2 weeks, though. It's 25 years of complete and total ineptitude, with a few flashes of "good." 1999, 2005, 20012 and 2015 were "good." Not great, not spectacular, not SB, just "good."

Apart from those years we've had every possible promise and broken promise, we've signed big-names, and seen that fail.  We've hired big-name coaches, seen that fail.  We've hired less-big named coaches, and that's failed.  We've suffered through Haynesworth, through Vinny, through Allen, Griffin, the 2000 over-the-hill game that blew chunks, going way back through Norv, and Ferotte banging his head against the stadium wall.  We suffered through Westbrook taking off his helmet and costing us a game.  We suffered through the Kirk cha-cha-cha, including stupid press releases. We let 2 of the best young offensive gurus out of the building in Kyle Shanahan and McVay.  We traded up to get JC.  We suffered through the Cult of Colt.  We traded for McNabb.  We started John Beck.  We ran the swinging gate - TWICE.  We hired a retired OC who was calling bingo to be the play-caller.  We've been embarrassed in prime time games, particularly MNF, for decades. 

This off-season we suffered through the team essentially doing NOTHING to improve itself except for saying that they have a team that can win if they're healthy.  Maybe a good draft, but did squat in FA. 

And what we've seen is exactly what we've seen.  Mediocrity.  One good week, one bad week. No reason to think this won't be a good week, but the next will be bad, and the ceiling is somewhere around 8-8. 

The fans aren't fed up with THIS team.  They're fed up with THIS organization.  And it's a cumulative effect.  You take enough blows to the head, and eventually, you're going to fall over.  We've taken more than our fair share of blows to the head, and we've fallen over.

On 9/17/2018 at 1:47 PM, DJD2 said:

I predict more green than red in the stadium this week.

Actually, I predict:

empty seats > green > red

Green >>> Red >empty.  GB fans travel, prices will be low, and it has all the makings of another Steeler's MNF game from 2008...

• Like 1

@Voice_of_Reason yeah I get it, I’ve been here, I’m not new to this. I was born into this, I’m 41 and came up when we were great. But honestly if your ready to burn it to the ground in week two, then you probably need to find a new team to root for. Because the way we are reacting to a crap performance isn’t sustainable and probably bad for our health. For me the Skins are a break from life’s grind. Wether we are good or bad. Rehashing all past mistakes and current blunders in Perpetuity is not my cup of tea. But I totally understand people’s need to vent. For me, it just makes being a fan less fun, and a little sad on where we are as a fan base.