Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

My random thot right now is this. Why do people on forums get so wrapped up in being right or avoiding being wrong, when it comes to simple predictions on game results or player progressions? I never understood why this pride in being right or embarrassment of being wrong came from.

I mean, in general, fans are right about some things and wrong about plenty others. Who cares? No one claims to be paid by the League on their evaluations, right? No one seriously claims to have psychic powers, right? I personally don't go around keeping notes on who was wrong or right about this or that. It's just silly to me. 

Anyway, very random thought, not based off of any recent comments. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sandy Monk said:

Anyway, very random thought, not based off of any recent comments. 

Objective credibility.  Bashing people for their predictions I'm not a fan of, the medium fans typically know what they are talking about. 

Edited by Renegade7

2 hours ago, c slag said:

6-2 at home 

4-4 on road

10-6 might just make it

Hmm. 1-1 at home so far. Out of panthers, cowboys, falcons, Texans, giants and eagles, who do we take the last loss to? Id day from what we know right now, Panthers. Maybe falcons? Philly is the final game of the season so  they’ll probably be resting players anyway ??‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

A shout out to Bergy, who seemed to have a great game.

Yup. Only small issue is that on shotgun snaps, seems like the ball comes out maybe a foot too low (and slow) and Alex has to reach down just slightly to grab it. Almost took away the timing of the quick slant to Crowder for the TD.

Ricky Jean Francois - nice to see him starting for the Lions D line. While I liked RJF as a rotational piece here, charity work etc  ... its nice to know he wouldnt crack our current roster

• Like 2

I hate having a bye week. No practice news or interview sessions fo the players ?? 

although Sunday I’m looking forward to kicking back and watching football with no stress. Checked 506sports earlier today to see which games are being shown in the DC area. CBS doubleheader is eagles/titans at 1 and then giants/saints at 4:30. I’m especially looking forward to giants saints to get a firsthand look at how the saints are looking, a week before we face them. 

So, here’s a fun bye week thought. I was wondering last night when flex scheduling starts for the nfl, and i started wondering which of our games later on in the season could be fiexed. Either into a 4:30 game or SNF game. Wanted to get others guesses on this. I don’t think any of our games have been flexed since 2016 (week 17 moved from 1 to 4:30) and before that, 2012 week 17 Vs Dallas. 

Thought 1: I'd love to hear the first conversation between Kirk and McVay when they reunite in pregame, specifically, the Redskins joke.

Thought 2: Week 4 byes are the worsttttt. Perfect timing for the Ryder Cup. So on second thought, this week 4 bye is awesome.

20 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I hate having a bye week. No practice news or interview sessions fo the players ?? 

although Sunday I’m looking forward to kicking back and watching football with no stress. Checked 506sports earlier today to see which games are being shown in the DC area. CBS doubleheader is eagles/titans at 1 and then giants/saints at 4:30. I’m especially looking forward to giants saints to get a firsthand look at how the saints are looking, a week before we face them. 

Watch Red Zone

• Like 1