Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

This season has largely removed two narratives I remember seeing routinely last year...

No, The O-Line didn't just look good last year because Cousin gets the ball out so fast. The O-Line, when healthy, is very good and it shows by how under assault Cousin's has been game in, game out during this stretch.

No, The Wide Receivers and weapons we had last year were not the reason Cousin put up such good numbers. With a much more diminished cast via free agents leaving and injuries, Cousin's has still managed to put up very good numbers throughout this year.

Did our O-Line benefit from Cousin's quick reading and releases at times? Yes. Did Cousins benefit from the skills of Jackson, Garcon, and Reed? Yes. However, they were bonus's on top of good things, not the reason for the good things, and this unfortunate season has shown that.

• Like 1

The back to back losses in the division at Philly on Monday night and Dallas at home the following Sunday really crippled the Redskins 

Then the loss in New Orleans was the final blow to any success this season 

Edited by c slag
spelling

I will preface this as a long time member and lurker to the board...

Here's my 2 cents on how we can POSSIBLY and immediately improve for the 2018 season (rebuttal is fully expected)...

What if.....

We find a way to trade a 1st & 3rd/4th round picks to Cincinnati for Dalton (a la B Johnson) late 90s...  I know I know...  different time...different era...  And may be too much for him.  Probably very much so...but the league over pays for the position...

BUT...  Dalton and Cousins are similar and Jay-bone groomed Dalton and he knows our system. Watched Dalton tonite and he is as serviceable if not equal to Cousins....  with a lesser cap hit...for the next 2/3 years. 

Now here's where we get weird...

Franchise Cousins again...  Yes...exclusive...

Then we somehow engage the Pittsburgh front office to trade Cousins for Le'veon Bell....Assuming they won't sign him to the money he wants...

Once again...sounds crazy right?!  So did Champ "Burnt Toast" Bailey to the mutha****in Donkeys for CP plus a pick...  

Teams desperate to make an advancement make desperate **** happen...  

Word is Big Ben is gone after this year (supposedly)...can't hurt to explore the possibility...  All hypothetical but still nice to think about...

Again!  This is a far fetched what if....but not out of the realm of why not....  

Love this board and... HTTR!
Edited by hairyhun44
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, hairyhun44 said:

I will preface this as a long time member and lurker to the board...

Here's my 2 cents on how we can POSSIBLY and immediately improve for the 2018 season (rebuttal is fully expected)...

What if...........

Again!  This is a far fetched what if....but not out of the realm of why not....  

Love this board and... HTTR!

Championship!!! 

• Haha 3

Super Blow!

Does Vernon Davis still have elephandititis?  My fantasy team needs a TE. He was 2 for 2 last week.

I cannot believe we have had the hardest schedule thus far per DVOA.   Perhaps our record shouldn't come as much of a surprise.  There is still a chance we make it and it starts by winning every game.

Man, sorry for the depressing thought but I left work today just totally bummed it’s another mediocre season for the Redskins. Should be used to it by now but I was just hoping for some excitement for football around this time of year. 2012 was the most exciting year for me as being a young Skins fan. I made the playoffs in Fantasy so there’s that. Bleh, go capitals. 

It's getting really annoying, going to restaurants and seeing the Redskins on the TV, and then realizing that they're talking about two other teams, and they're showing how great the other teams are, by showing highlights of the teams against the Redskins. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:05 AM, Monk4thaHALL said:

@DC9 Where's the Free Agent thread? 

2018 edt. 

I'll set it off this weekend.

Finishing up my move from North Carolina back up to VA. 

Sadly, we could've started it a few weeks back. 

I need monster games from Cousins and Doctson in my fantasy vs the league ogre. CB Peterson is a pain in the ass and should be on Josh. I hope we get to see cover 2. D's look dumb doing that with an ace corner IMAAO.Josh deserves more targets and I want a back shoulder throw to set him up deep.

I have Fournette Hyde Gordon Goodwin Ertz and Mike No Show Evans but am thinking about playing the guys facing the weakest opponents out of desperation.  Guys like Foiles JuJu Woods Mike Davis and Lat Murray.  I am totally ****ed. Facing Wilson Bell Gurley Hopkins Allen Thielen Butthead Almo and Geke.

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2017 at 10:46 AM, DC9 said:

I'll set it off this weekend.

Finishing up my move from North Carolina back up to VA. 

Sadly, we could've started it a few weeks back. 

Good luck with the move. :)

btw, I had a random thought listening to Gruden this week.  I don’t kniw if he truly realizes that a good part of his job is making sure the team is prepared to execute his game plan.  If the game plan is awesome, but the execution stinks, that’s STILL his responsibility.  I don’t know if he quite gets that.  Sure it’s the players responsibility, and the position coaches, but he’s the one who is accountable and responsible for making sure it happens.

not sure he quite gets that.  He seems like he’s more interested in putting together the game plan and calling plays.  Not holding people accountable.  Which can lead to hard conversions and decisions to get rid of under-performers.

Edited by Voice_of_Reason