Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Draft- Your expectations for 2024

Posted (edited)

Alright the draft is over.  We might still sign someone in free agency now or after the June 1st cuts but the bulk of the roster has been acquired.

Yeah, we could sign someone after training camp cuts but doubtful anyone would an impact.

So, what do really expect for 2024?

Edited by 88Comrade2000

I expect

a veteran LT to be signed,

CB Forbes to be much better than last season,

a much more balanced run/pass ratio,

RB Eckler to quickly become a fan favorite,

QB JD to be very dynamic because of his running ability,

QB JD to throw multiple INTs because of ball velocity and placement (welcome to the NFL rook),

lastly, a much improved defense, mostly because of coaching.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Alright the draft is over.  We might still sign someone in free agency now or after the June 1st cuts but the bulk of the roster has been acquired.

Yeah, we could sign someone after training camp cuts but doubtful anyone would an impact.

So, what do really expect for 2024?

Get in the game - what do you expect?

:229:The Rook

I expect us to get stronger as the season goes on. What that translates to as far as wins and losses, I have no idea.

The offseason has been amazing. But everything is still new. New coaches, new systems, etc. I expect there to be hiccups, and I expect fans to overreact to them :)

• Like 3

Seeing marked improvement toward the end of the season instead of falling off a cliff would be incredible, for starters.

I'm not sure offhand how our rebuild compares to say, the 2017 49ers. It could be a rough start early but for this team it's all about how they finish. I'm still thinking 6 wins, 7 max. But if things get rolling earlier, then who knows? Offensive coaching is going to be key. 

Of course there are outside variables that come into play as well, like how the rest of the east shapes out. 

• Like 4

Honestly, just competency and professionalism. Just loving the long-absent return of those things, and seeing respect return to our team once again. We're a destination now and the process has begun. Hail 'em up!

Record: 7-10. This colossal mess ain't getting fixed in a single season.

Jayden: My gut feeling is that by year's end there will be some Bears fans angry that he's not in Chicago.

Defense: The other NFC East QBs are going to be seeing this bunch in their nightmares.

Offense: A work in progress, and the early part of the season may be rough. I predict it starts to gel by Week 10.

Special Teams: Too early to tell.

Coaching: Whitt will be on HC hiring lists, Kingsbury may be controversial.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

With so much change in the roster and a new coaching staff that hasn’t worked together before; it will take time to jell.

I figure we struggle early and people will

think it’s the same old Commanders/Redskins but as things start to jell, we will get better. By the end of the season, there will be hope going into 2025.

6-11/7-10 seems most likely and us drafting between 8-12; which will

help us out next year. 8-9 would be ceiling if Jayden does really well.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 1

I expect basic competency and that's about it.

That will be enough for a 6-11 season.

I also expect:

- Jayden getting hurt at midseason. He'll want to tuck the ball and run due to the change of pace of the NFL.

- A struggling offensive line

- Defense will be solid

- We will win more games at home, at notable change from the previous seasons.

That's about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I expect the team to be competitive and not a lot more.

It's the reason Peters said he brought in all those free agents this offseason. Mostly on 1 or 2 year deals.

So the team will at least be competitive while he and the front office build Washington back to a championship contender. 

I like that. Peters is not willing to sit and languish in the cellar of the NFL while he rebuilds this team.

Might as well put a competitive team on the field, even if it isn't going anywhere this year.

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Like 1

I'm still kinda on the fence here, on the one hand they've done a helluva job with FAs and the draft, on the other whatcha gunnado about the O line? That's the biggest sticking point left IMO. Gonna be watching camp like a hawk, but so far this crew sure seems like they have a clue.

I am also willing to admit that I may be tapped out by Halloween after being abused for the last 25 years........

X-Files - I Want to Believe - UFO - Filmposter Kino Movie x-Files Science  Fiction Sci Fi 61x91,5 cm

• Like 5

An actual development plan for our young players that is a bit more put together than "yeet 'em into the ocean w/ weights tied to their legs and see if they float."

Can't scrub my brain of all things EB fast enough...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For the first time in years, I expect a team that plays hard for each other each and every game. I expect the team to at the very least be competitive in almost every game. I really wish we got to see some more of Brissette last year to see how much of the lines struggle was on Sam, but I do expect improved o line play and a much improved running game. I expect JD5 to be immediately better than what Sam was last year

Six wins. The roster does not look like a good football team to me. I’m just hoping we show improvement throughout the season. If we win seven or more I will feel really good about the future and be thinking about playoffs in 25-26.