Combine Results

40-Yard Dash 4.68 Seconds

10-Yard Split 1.59 Seconds

Vertical Jump 40’’

Broad Jump 10’ 6’’

3-Cone Drill 6.82 Seconds

20-Yd Shuttle 4.23 Seconds

Overview

Athletic F tight end with an ability to add value in the passing game and handle some blocking duties in space. The former walk-on has added 40 pounds to his frame without losing his speed or agility. He’s an adequate route runner with the quickness to compete against man coverage on all three levels and get additional yards after the catch. He lacks NFL physicality to hold up on blocking duties near the line, and he needs to prove he can play with quicker, stronger hands as a pass catcher. Sinnott is a Day 3 talent but his NFL journey could be determined by whether he can get just a little bit better in all phases.

Strengths

Speed and agility to run routes on all three levels.

Gets quickly into routes and maneuvers around redirection.

Adequate contested-catch toughness with steady hands.

Can move the chains with his run-after-catch ability.

Quick to adjust his target point against moving targets.

Light on his feet with feel for angles as positional blocker.

Click Link For More

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Like this pick.  Certainly seems like he has a future in the NFL.  Though I guess there is some thought he could have been gotten later.  But have no issues with him here.

53 seems a bit early for him. 67 or 78 woulda been better. But if you like him a lot its ok. He was the best TE left, good chance someone takes him before 67. 

Shen’s probably happy with this pick.  TE is such a wildcard in an offense that if he pans out, he’ll easily eclipse any thinking that we might have taken him a touch early.  I also think he went right around where many (at least for a time) had Sanders going.  I think Sinnot’s more of the whole package than Sanders.  Love the philosophy too, understudy to and competition for Erttz.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Every year I want us to use a high pick on a tight end. Please be amazing 🤞 

First highlight video I saw of him was just his blocking. Then I found out how good he was actually catching the ball. He's a HB really. Plays TE, FB, RB. Loves contact and blocking. Loves it. One of the best in class and he's a sneaky good receiver. Sinnott is going to sell a ton of jerseys in a couple years. Complete tone setter.

I started watching Beebe super early and I couldn't stop my eyes from watching this kid and I had Beebe high second and also couldn't stop watching.

Speaking of, cowboys drafted their LT last year and played him at guard all year. He was awesome too. Then this year they decide not to pay said LT and let the LG slide outside and draft the best pure guard in the draft.

I usually credit Dallas with their LBer picks, but the crushed it on the oline the last decade too 

• Like 3

He’s going to be in the H role.

People who love tight ends and fullbacks are going to love him.

Good receiver, great blocker. He’s going to be our Juczcheck (I have no idea how to spell the H from SF’s name)

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, wheN i first looked at our needs, and what was available TE I immediately concluded the following:

Bowers is not going to slide that far
The TX fellow disappeared at times to me

Cade STover has incredible hands
But Benn Sinnot seemed to be that Cooley like TE we've been missing.  C ombination of Logan and someone with some blocking skill too.  I didn't think he'd be taken this earlier, figured in the 4th, but I like him as a player a lot.  We played against him in the Big -12 and I just liked the way he moved, he's got a toughness to him that TIght Ends really need to have in this league.  This + urtz I think helps a lot.

And he was the first of my man crush picks that we took.

I liked several of the Linebackers too but Edge I think didn't fit our Scheme needs.

I actually had them Ranked

1. Brock Bowers
  2. Cade Stover
  3. Ben Sinnott
  4. Theo Johnson
  5. Jaheim Bell
  6. Dallin Holker

I didn't really like the TX TE, and initially I liked Erick All, but in mocks he was falling WAY down the board by day 1, there must be a red flag on him or something.

This is a case where, I didn't think we'd have space for TE until late 3rd or 4th Rd, and because of that I expected to be taking one of 3-5.  I prefer 3 over 2 as a Player, but I think Stover has a higher ceiling, but I think Ben fits what we need far more.
Edited by Veretax
  • Like 1

Excerpt from Dan Brugler's The Beast Draft Guide:

6. BEN SINNOTT | Kansas State 6037 | 250 lbs. | 4JR Waterloo, Iowa (Columbus Catholic) 6/14/2002 (age 21.86) #34
BACKGROUND: Benjamin “Ben” Sinnott (SIN-it), who has an older sister (Anna), was born and raised in Waterloo (an hour-long drive north of Cedar Rapids), where
his father (Tom) helps run a family-owned insurance company and his mother (Tina) is an office manager. Tina was a four-sport athlete in high school — and Tom is
the first to point out that the kids got their athletic talent comes from her. Starting at age 3, hockey was Sinnott’s first love, and he became the star forward on his
club team. He started playing tackle football in fourth grade (he didn’t want to play flag football because he couldn’t hit anyone ), and he also played baseball,
basketball, golf, tennis and track throughout his childhood. Sinnott attended Columbus Catholic High School in Waterloo, wher e he was a six-sport athlete. Only 5-
foot-6 and 135 pounds as a freshman, he continued to grow and made varsity as a sophomore. As a junior, Sinnott played defensive end and a hybrid tight end on
offense, posting 21 catches for 348 yards (16.6 average) and eight touchdowns, along with 50 tackles, 12.0 tackles for loss, 6.0 sacks, three forced fumbles and three
interceptions. As a senior, he was named All-State, All-District and All-Metro at defensive end and tight end. Sinnott finished his prep career with 61 catches for 958
yards and 27 touchdowns (22 receiving, five rushing) on offense and 109 tackles, 27.5 tackles for loss, 9.0 sacks and four interceptions on defense. A standout hockey
player at Columbus Catholic, he scored 128 goals in 145 games and was recruited by other prep schools in Minnesota but decided to stay in Waterloo with his friends.
Sinnott was also an All-State first baseman and power-hitting lefty in baseball and lettered in golf, tennis and track.
A no-star recruit, Sinnott wasn’t ranked by online recruiting services and went overlooked during the recruiting process. With his year-round schedule in other sports,
he didn’t attend many recruiting events, but he went to a summer camp at South Dakota (FCS) in June 2019 and earned his only Division I scholarship offer. His father
attended Iowa State and was a season-ticket holder for the Cyclones, but they weren’t interested in recruiting Ben. However, Tom had another connection: childhood
friend Chris Klieman (also a Waterloo native), who was hired as head coach at Kansas State prior to the 2019 season. After visiting Kansas State, Ben Sinnott decided
to bet on himself as a walk-on, 205-pound fullback in the Wildcats’ 2020 recruiting class. He was put on scholarship following a promising 2021 season.
His cousin (Zach Hammes) was drafted in the second round (No. 51) of the 2002 MLB Draft by the Los Angeles Dodgers. Another cousin (Ashlee) played volleyball at
Northern Iowa (2013-16). Sinnott decided to skip his senior season and enter the 2024 NFL Draft. He twice earned Academic All-District honors. Sinnott opted out of
the 2023 bowl game and accepted his invitation to the 2024 Senior Bowl.
YEAR (GP/GS) REC YDS AVG TD DROP NOTES
2020: Redshirted Walk-on; pandemic-shortened season
2021: (12/2) 2 15 7.5 0 2 Missed season opener (injury); 1-yard TD rush; Put on scholarship after the season
2022: (14/14) 31 447 14.4 4 4 First Team All-Big 12
2023: (12/12) 49 676 13.8 6 2 First Team All-Big 12 (FB); Lowman Trophy; Led team in receiving; Missed bowl game (opt -out)
Total: (38/28) 82 1,138 13.9 10 8
HT WT HAND ARM WING 40-YD 20-YD 10-YD VJ BJ SS 3C BP
COMBINE 6037 250 9 1/2 32 3/8 77 1/2 4.68 2.71 1.62 40 10’6” 4.23 6.82 - (no bench press – choice)
PRO DAY 6036 250 9 3/8 31 1/4 77 3/4 - - - - - - - - (stood on combine – choice)
STRENGTHS: Fluid athlete for his size, with loose hips (led all tight ends in the three-cone, vertical and broad jump at the Combine) … accelerates well, both as a route
runner and after the catch … coordinated hands-catcher to cleanly adjust to awkward ball locations … outstanding body control to reach back on outs and snare the
football without breaking stride … comfortable working the middle of the field and finishes grabs with bodies around him … put more big-play potential on tape than
expected (four catches of 40-plus yards in 2023) … won’t shake defenders out of their cleats but is a competitive finisher with contact balance (one of on ly four FBS
tight ends with 14-plus forced missed tackles in 2023) … strong footwork and angles as a run blocker … reaches his landmarks quickly to seal or drive defenders from
their spot … dependable and started 27 straight games.
WEAKNESSES: Average size and point-of-attack strength by NFL standards … shorter arms will be more evident against NFL edge defenders … repositions himself well
as a blocker but doesn’t have the sand to anchor versus NFL rush power … flagged three times for holding i n 2023 (also had two false starts) … not able to easily shield
defenders when framing catches … underwent offseason shoulder surgery and missed 2023 spring practices … marginal special -teams experience and only played on
field-goal units at Kansas State.
SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Kansas State, Sinnott was a versatile tight end in former offensive coordinator Collin Klein’s scheme, evenly splitting his snaps inline,
in the backfield and detached in the slot. A former walk-on (just one FCS offer out of high school), he was an ideal fit for Klein’s offensive vision and led the team in
receiving yards and touchdown grabs in 2023, plus won the Lowman Trophy as the nation’s top fullback. As a pass catcher, Sinn ott has strong hands (two drops on 73
targets in 2023) and keeps defenders off balance with his route speed and stem quickness, creating a step of separation at all three levels. He doesn’t have strong
sustain skills, but he’s a tough-minded positional blocker who can get in the way and steer in the run game. Overall, Sinnott offers some blocking value, but his
controlled athleticism and reliable pass-catching traits project him best as a versatile H-back who can be flexed across the formation. All 32 NFL teams will
appreciate his football IQ and pro-ready toughness, although he won’t be an ideal fit for every scheme.
GRADE: 4th Round

• Like 1

My 2nd favorite TE in this class.  Bower #1.  He was on my short my guys list.

Love everything about him aside from his seperation skills.

Physical player, blocks well, makes contested catches, YAC.  I recall saying he'd be my dream type TE, if he can seperate well.  So for me he was just short of someoone like Laporta (also on my guys like last year) just for one reason and that is seperation skills.  Laporta IMO was a monster seperator.  Sinnot IMO is just an OK seperator when I watch him.  But everything else about him is great.

His agility is sick as to measurables.

Screen Shot 2024-04-28 at 8.08.07 AM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2