Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Ben Sinnott TE Kansas State

PCS

On 4/27/2024 at 6:47 AM, KDawg said:

He’s going to be in the H role.

People who love tight ends and fullbacks are going to love him.

Good receiver, great blocker. He’s going to be our Juczcheck (I have no idea how to spell the H from SF’s name)

Yep yep.  As noted, seems like a faster Cooley.

What I like is how well he does on screens.

Size and speed is last thing defenses want to see on clear open field plays.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2024 at 10:51 PM, Warhead36 said:

53 seems a bit early for him. 67 or 78 woulda been better. But if you like him a lot its ok. He was the best TE left, good chance someone takes him before 67. 

He was always going in the 50's. We got him in the perfect spot and we're lucky we did.

• Like 2

Better athlete. Different size. Better blocker.

I get the H back comps to Cooley. And Sheehan loves to make that comparison to his pal. 

He reminds me some of Cooley but not a ton.   

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Hes more Cooley than anything else. Maybe a bit better blocker. Im so glad the Cole Turner and John Bates experiment can end.

Bates is basically a blocking TE. I dont see that as an experiment or ending. But Cole Turner’s run here as an F TE might be over. Will see 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Hes more Cooley than anything else. Maybe a bit better blocker. Im so glad the Cole Turner and John Bates experiment can end.

Bates is a decent blocking TE.  I could see the team bringing him back next year.   

I don't really see a lot in terms of what this guy is lacking

He is a complete TE +

-Hes a good reciever

-Hes a good blocker

-He plays w/ effort

then

-He breaks tackles so he can get you some YACs

-He can line up in multiple positions

-Great athleticism w/ the RAS score of 9.49

Clean up the blocking technique and you got yourself a monster.

He is easily our future TE1, just a question of when that happens.

I like him sooooo much better than Turner, who was not a complete TE and didn't even offer enough in the half of the job he did provide. That dude's separation ability was so bad he got tackled before he caught a pass.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

This isn’t really about Sinnott, but I dislike that players who don’t have all their measurables on the record can have a full RAS score. You can’t really compare his RAS to LaPorta’s because LaPorta’s takes into account his insane 3-cone and SS. If you don’t have agility scores, idk how you can have a fair composite RAS. At best you should have a weight-adjusted Speed Score or something. 

Anyways, love Sinnott, loved the pick, think he’ll be great. It’s not about him, just a gripe I have with the RAS charts. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

in the ES Mock draft I did not realize how good this dude was.  Totally slept on him.  Adam Peters and his team obviously did not.  They seem to have had him picked out and ready to add for a while.  This move spoke to us trading down from Cooper DeJean in order to take Sainristil and Sinnott.  The kid is an athletic freak who is damn strong and can move.  Can play all over the field, from the big slot to the backfield to the end of the line.  Super excited to see what they do with him.

• Thumb up 1

35 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Love that he'll only be 22 at the start of the season. He could be a real good one in a year or two.

I see an instant impact player. Along side Ertz we’ve got a nice 1-2 blend now.

• Like 2

Can any of the resident film-nics around here shed light on to why PFF had Sinnott 105 on their bigboard?  Seems to have the grades, and the athletic measurables.  Rated essentially identically to Stover and All but 2 years younger than those guys.  Sanders was a "Tier 1 athlete for the tight end position" but his RAS doesn't match up with Ben's? 

EDIT: Maybe one piece of the puzzle, no pedigree whatsoever.  0 star walk-on fullback.  Nicely researched piece below on his background.

Edited by Bifflog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

He reminds me of Jay Novacek and I think that's his floor, because Novacek didn't play in the golden era of the TE. Some similarities coming up as a nobody FB and excellent blocker, with sneaky athleticism and surprising receiving ability.

I think it's widely known this was the one guy in this draft I was pounding the table for.

• Like 1

Young / rookie TEs seemed to be all the rage taking over the league and I am glad we got on board. Fantasy owners know what I am talking about. I saw TE as a clear position of need and was thrilled AP saw the same despite adding Ertz. Oft injured and old Ertz former QBs and a pack mule were not going to cut it especially not adding a proven vet at WR for Daniels.

I know many are drooling over him in part because he has the fullback mentality. Long live Mike Sellers. If we are lucky this guy becomes our Whorehay Kittle.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 3

On 4/28/2024 at 8:54 PM, Conn said:

This isn’t really about Sinnott, but I dislike that players who don’t have all their measurables on the record can have a full RAS score. You can’t really compare his RAS to LaPorta’s because LaPorta’s takes into account his insane 3-cone and SS. If you don’t have agility scores, idk how you can have a fair composite RAS. At best you should have a weight-adjusted Speed Score or something. 

Anyways, love Sinnott, loved the pick, think he’ll be great. It’s not about him, just a gripe I have with the RAS charts. 

That is an issue that I also hate. They estimate likely scores based on other measurements and use that to make the full RAS. Which isn't something that should be done.

Just to clarify though, you do know Sinnott did every test except bench press right? Sinnott's SS and 3cone were a smidge better than LaPorta. He's also a tiny bit bigger, but probably not enough to matter for much.

Unrelated to Sinnott but in watching his highlights, keep an eye on Will Howard (Kansas State's QB who just transferred to Ohio State). If he wins the starting job at OSU this season he will end up getting his name called on Day 1-2. 

• Like 1