Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Ben Sinnott TE Kansas State

PCS

On 4/28/2024 at 5:44 PM, FootballZombie said:

That dude's [Turner's] separation ability was so bad he got tackled before he caught a pass.

Isn't that pass interference?  I've got no problem with a TE or WR whose separation ability is so bad they routinely draw PI penalties.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 11:13 AM, Est.1974 said:

I see an instant impact player. Along side Ertz we’ve got a nice 1-2 blend now.

And he's gonna learn from a great vet teammate in Ertz....this can't be understated. Ertz is great at getting open and can hopefully pass some of those skills on to Sinnott. 

• Like 3

Love the Sinnott pick. Dude's athleticism is off the charts. Fast, and has some wiggle to him in the open field. Him learning from Ertz as well...you really couldn't ask for a better mentor.

• Like 2

I will likely pass on him in my fantasy draft. I think he's gonna be blocking an awful lot for our presumed thin OL to start, especially with Ertz healthy. I also avoid Kittle in the fantasy world, dude is just a great blocker and used as such particularly in the run game. 

I will be eyeballing nabbing JD however.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

That is an issue that I also hate. They estimate likely scores based on other measurements and use that to make the full RAS. Which isn't something that should be done.

Just to clarify though, you do know Sinnott did every test except bench press right? Sinnott's SS and 3cone were a smidge better than LaPorta. He's also a tiny bit bigger, but probably not enough to matter for much.

Are you sure? This is the post that had me saying that: 

On 4/27/2024 at 3:11 AM, Panninho said:

He makes plays against man coverage too.  I think he kind of has a reputation for being a zone beater, but his man grades are better than his zone.  He's got good strength and toughness and he's a no frills route runner who efficiently creates separation early in the concept.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Not saying he’s going to be Sam Laporta but his Ras scores, along with height, weight are very similar.

LaPorta tore it up early and often last year.  Would be awesome if Sinnott could get that type of production early.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

LaPorta tore it up early and often last year.  Would be awesome if Sinnott could get that type of production early.

Just remember the 2012 Skins with RGlll, we had 2 rookies go off that season because of the offensive scheme...the other was #46. Who's to say Sinnott can't be involved from game one? 

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Just remember the 2012 Skins with RGlll, we had 2 rookies go off that season because of the offensive scheme...the other was #46. Who's to say Sinnott can't be involved from game one? 

I 100% think he will be involved game one. He will be in 2 TE sets and FB. Ravens run a lot of that crack back on back side DE or slip to the flats with extra tight end. I expect that to be his role early on.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 6:44 PM, PCS said:

Vertical Jump 40’’

Broad Jump 10’ 6’’

40" vertical?

Daaaaaamn, this guy has serious hops. 

Do teams typically keep 5 tight ends? I don't think so, four would be maximum. So either Bates, Turner, or Rogers is gone.

I like the highlights, kid has mad potential. 

Just now, abdcskins said:

Do teams typically keep 5 tight ends? I don't think so, four would be maximum. So either Bates, Turner, or Rogers is gone.

All three can be released and I wouldn't bat an eye. 

Just now, Warhead36 said:

All three can be released and I wouldn't bat an eye. 

Ha yeah, none of them have impressed much. Just sucks though, 4th and 5th rounders who end up being worthless? Chalk it up to the Rivera era I guess. Not that I expect all draft picks to stick, but still...

4 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Ha yeah, none of them have impressed much. Just sucks though, 4th and 5th rounders who end up being worthless? Chalk it up to the Rivera era I guess. Not that I expect all draft picks to stick, but still...

I never expected anything from Bates. Mediocre athlete and just a blocking TE did nothing for me. The Turner hype was nauseating. Ohh la la so much athleticism but the dude never got open ever. 

I'd venture to argue that Rivera was the worst talent evaluator we ever had in the Snyder Era.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Rogers will be the 1st then Turner, Bates stays solely cause he is a good blocker and can/will make the occasional catch and also for the sole fact Zack Ertz won’t play the entire 17 weeks season due to injury… Ertz, Sinnott and Turner 

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

Rogers will be the 1st then Turner, Bates stays solely cause he is a good blocker and can/will make the occasional catch and also for the sole fact Zack Ertz won’t play the entire 17 weeks season due to injury… Ertz, Sinnott and Turner 

For me it's Bates, he has been here to long and done next to nothing, average blocker that's it, I need to see what A.Rogers if healthy has, turner gets a shot too but Ertz has his spot taken care of as right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skinsfan66 said:

For me it's Bates, he has been here to long and done next to nothing, average blocker that's it, I need to see what A.Rogers if healthy has, turner gets a shot too but Ertz has his spot taken care of as right now. 

That’s the thing though. Bates stays healthy and on the field where Cole Turner and Rogers,  they’re never healthy it seems and available 

• Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

The overhauled kickoff probably means you want more LB's and TE's than Safeties and Corners for those plays.

Good point. If you need a guy who can run ten yards and block like a tackle, Bates might be about to have a long ST career.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1