Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Jayden Daniels QB LSU

PCS

34 minutes ago, MartinC said:

And yet here you are. 

It’s fine to have doubts about the pick. OK to be negative about it. If all you do is one line drive by posts that just poke at people happy with the pick you drift into trolling. Which is not permitted. 

EDIT. I see Jumbo already gave you the same  warning. There is probably a baseball analogy that could be used here.

javier-lopez.gif

• Haha 1

Listening back and forth from Beck his QB coach on 980 and Jayden's press conference.

Beck talking about Jayden's workaholic tendences, Jayden already called Beck post draft and wants to throw with him tomorrow.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I'm inclined to think that the FO knows a hell of a lot more than scouts and pundits really know about the players than the people these players are dealing with in the job interviews from the Combine till the draft. So I will try to believe that AP and company saw somethings that they prefer over the other QBs since Williams was most likely going to Chicago. 

I'm actually very happy that the previous owner isn't here to mess everything up and we seem to have responsible, professional owners and the rest of the FO and coaches. I'm not going crazy out of my mind optimistic, just taking a measured approach. 

Welcome to DC, Jayden! Much success to you and the team, and new ownership and coaches.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Dude thanked the student equipment managers for catching passes for him after everyone else was gone. He is a funny mix of proud of himself, pride in his abilities and being intentionally humble. Like you can hear him go out of his way to ground himself the day after he is drafted. I hope he keeps that up I think its important. 

• Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Definitely warming up to this guy, I like him a lot, just needed to hear more from him. You can see what AP and the FO saw in him behind the scenes, in interviews, etc. 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Maybe i was just a year too early on my jahan breakout szn prediction. Become good friends with terry though he will be your favorite target

Im thinking Zach Ertz is going to be a more necessary target, not saying he wont link up with Terry on occasion but a nice dependable safety blanket while learning the ropes will be huge for him.

• Like 1

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Im thinking Zach Ertz is going to be a more necessary target, not saying he wont link up with Terry on occasion but a nice dependable safety blanket while learning the ropes will be huge for him.

I can see that but when I think of safety blanket I've got my eyes more on ekeler since he's such a stud pass-catching RB. I hope he learns to utilize him as a fallback option when things break down instead of thinking he always has to take off

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Wow. Including Caleb Williams?

Wanted to save this nugget but I had heard that KK was not a Caleb fan. He apparently took his foot off the gas a bit once he got his big NIL deal last year

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

That was a great answer. I didn’t expect him to say that. Great sign. Some of my best friends in life I originally did not like at all until I got to know them better. I hope this is one of those cases! 😂 

I'll give you credit, no matter how many times you're supremely confidently dead wrong you don't shy away from coming in for some crow.

You get that Maye jersey returned back to Amazon yet?

😁

• Haha 2

Just now, WashingtonRedWolves said:

I can see that but when I think of safety blanket I've got my eyes more on ekeler since he's such a stud pass-catching RB. I hope he learns to utilize him as a fallback option when things break down instead of thinking he always has to take off

A knock on JD was his mid range passing, either due to not being comfortable with it or it not being a focus at LSU. Either way he will have to learn that part of the game in order to be successful, cant think of too many TEs that would be a better mentor for that than Ertz.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, sinews said:

Jayden was the highest ranked player on Washington's draft board, according to AP just now. 

jon-stewart-bullshit.gif.f3da28fda3c16345ee0e0b93859dbc6f.gif

But seriously It's obviously possible but if I had a nickel for every draft pick that was "highest on our board" I'd have a big bag of nickels that's for sure.

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That was one looooong hug.

I think neither one wanted to be the first to break it so that the other person wouldn’t think they were the one that ended it.

They were probably both counting to themselves, “four one thousand…five one thousand…six one thousand…”

XXXXXXX

Daniels knew a lot about some of the people in this organization but said "I didn't know how passionate the fan base was until I was in this process."

Lord, I hope he didn’t venture here…

lol

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 7

12 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'll give you credit, no matter how many times you're supremely confidently dead wrong you don't shy away from coming in for some crow.

You get that Maye jersey returned back to Amazon yet?

😁

Woah I am wrong WAY more often then this guy 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Wow. Including Caleb Williams?

I always thought it was a bit odd that the Bears didn’t even kick the tires around Daniels…. I could have seen him being in contention for the #1 pick.  And before you say I don’t know what I’m talking about, I’m a grad student at USC so I’ve had a close look at Caleb these past two years.  Definitely has some stuff he needs to work on.

Edited by skinsarethebest
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, redskinss said:

But seriously It's obviously possible but if I had a nickel for every draft pick that was "highest on our board" I'd have a big bag of nickels that's for sure.

Right up there w/

We had a 1st round grade on this 2nd round guy

and

We could not believe he was still available late in the draft.

• Like 1