Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

You guys know some of the teams that drafted OL earlier might cut some vets, right? We could grab one of them as a placeholder until we find a better answer next off-season. 

I think some of you forgot just how much we stunk and how many holes were on the roster.

We hired AP to address this, have juuuust a little faith that he knows what he's doing. 

We will have 2nd priority, behind only Carolina, on any cut players until after week one of the regular season so that's good.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Sure there were. Maybe not top flight ones, but certainly better options than we had on the roster. And now, they've been picked clean in the draft, and there isn't really anyone left that will make an impact. Poor planning.

It we got Commander Saru at 2, so all is good.

• Haha 1

Just now, KDawg said:

I’m not even sure we missed out on one. I think the OT class was poor and the ones that were worth taking were out of our range. 

I’m interested to see what we do in FA the rest of the way, though. Need two tackles but really, really need a RT.

We really, REALLY need both. Like, they are our biggest need right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZRagone said:

Wouldn't shock me if we leave the 2nd with three guys that our staff rated as 1st round talent. 

Color me shocked. We had the chance for 3 first rounder  talents by the end of the 2. Instead came away with two 1’s and two 2’s it seems. Don’t hate it, though a tiny bit disappointed. We need more talent then necessarily top end talent, so I get it. 

It'll be interesting over the next few years to see if Dejean is better than the combo guys we drafted. 

Hoping this does t become a Demarcus Lawrence situation. 

42 minutes ago, ultravin said:

look at khan's son with a neck brace!  hahahahahhaaha

Kayfabe is alive man!

22 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I didn't say the player.  I didn't spoil anything.  God back to chewing on your bone, KDawg.  :ols:

Just stop. Be a good member of the community. It’s not hard

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Sure there were. Maybe not top flight ones, but certainly better options than we had on the roster. And now, they've been picked clean in the draft, and there isn't really anyone left that will make a impact. Poor planning.

Trent Brown was the best one but he is a headcase. There were a lot of oft injured older guys available and some like Bakhtiari still are. You can go and sign Donovan Smith, Leno, Bakhtiari or Becton after the draft if you like

1 minute ago, Morneblade said:

We really, REALLY need both. Like, they are our biggest need right now.

I can’t tell if this is a thinly veiled troll attempt or what :ols:

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Just stop. Be a good member of the community. It’s not hard

Go back to… Conning, Conn.

• Haha 1

Gotta come away with a quality WR here in the 3rd.  We only have two real WRs (maybe 1 if JD is a no show again this year) on the roster at the moment.  I'd hate for us to ignore one of the best WR drafts in years like Ron did with the TE draft last year....

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

I can't shake the notion AP drafted Newton to show Quinn some love.

I think people get way too enamored with specific players after the top handful in any draft. One of the reasons I requested people do their tiers was because the team never ever drafts your guy, 95% of the time. They just don't. Their favs and yours are always different. Its much better to just list out your favorite guys in the 2nd round and 3rd round tier in the position groups were likely to target and roll with it. 

Newton was one of the best guys left at slot, they liked him, Allen's contract is up in '26, Paynes in '27, he's probably the replacement for one of them after '24, if not sooner. Value they had to grab.

They didn't like the OL's as much as people liked, and they probably had a bunch of guys tiered in the DB group from 36-50, the only thing I dont like about the trade is the contradictory reports of us giving them a day 3 pick or not giving them a day 3 pick then it turns out we give the higher one. WHY?

But beyond that it's fine.

I think Sinnott made a lot of happy and the DB is quite interesting. 

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I feel like I’m typing something subconsciously that people are getting the opinion I think Lucas is good.

I think he’s serviceable. 

Trust Peters, okay?! He’s the best :ols:

In all seriousness: my point, of the post that started this odd chain of events, was Wylie sucks worse. That’s all. Not that Lucas is an all pro.

So draft Beebe and move Cosmi back to RT could help.

• Like 2

Just now, CommDownMan said:

So draft Beebe and move Cosmi back to RT could help.

You won’t hear me argue with any reason to draft Beebe. I think he’s the best OL in class.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1