Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, Whiskeypeet said:

Weird take, Wiley is bad so that is certain, what has Lucas done to give you confidence on a season long anchor at LT?  This ins't about the draft, draft is about BPA, its about FA and where they didn't move the cheese. FA was blown just like with Ron, maybe it was out of their hands (i.e., facilities suck, DC sucks, whatever).  Nonetheless a bad situation and there went Paul. 

I feel like I’m typing something subconsciously that people are getting the opinion I think Lucas is good.

I think he’s serviceable. 

Trust Peters, okay?! He’s the best :ols:

In all seriousness: my point, of the post that started this odd chain of events, was Wylie sucks worse. That’s all. Not that Lucas is an all pro.

5 minutes ago, Kalu44 said:

A blocking TE in the 2nd round? I'm not feeling it. You can get blocking TEs much later in the draft.

He's a good receiver too.  He had the most receiving yards and receiving TDs on his team!  He's a jack of all trades.  Shen probably thinks he can elevate one more level and if he can, wooooof he'll be really dangerous.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Don't want it to happen but don't be surprised if we trade our pick at #67 to get more picks.  

Trade down. Would love to have 3 third rounders again and pick up a 4th.

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Don't want it to happen but don't be surprised if we trade our pick at #67 to get more picks.  

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Morneblade said:

That isn't saying anything. We needed to vastly upgrade both RT and LT. and we did absolutely nothing. And then draft a QB @ 2 with nothing on the ends is a really good way to get him killed, and completely waste that pick, and the player.

I still have no idea why we did nothing in FA. I'm basically in shock.

There really weren’t any tackles worth going after in FA

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

I wish everyone would relax on the Oline talk. Yes it is a big need. But there was a huge run of tackles in the first. Maybe AP thinks there is value in the later rounds. Every one oooosahhhh. Breathe lol 

Maybe we're planning to trade Allen for a vet o-lineman?

--shrug--

• Like 1

Sinnot looks like a good athlete for a big man.

Best 3-Cone Drill Times, 2024 NFL Combine

Player Time
Georgia CB Kamari Lassiter 6.62
Florida WR Ricky Pearsall 6.64
Rice WR Luke McCaffrey 6.70
Illinois WR Isaiah Williams 6.75
Purdue RB Tyrone Tracy Jr. 6.81
Michigan QB J.J. McCarthy 6.82
Michigan RB Blake Corum 6.82
Texas CB Ryan Watt 6.82
Kansas State TE Ben Sinnott 6.82

Fastest 20-Yard Shuttle Times

2024 NFL Scouting Combine

Fastest 20-Yard Shuttle Times & Records | 2024 NFL Scouting Combine | FantasyPros
20-YARD SHUTTLE
PLAYER
POSITION
SCHOOL
4.01 Mike Sainristil CB Michigan
4.02 Luke McCaffrey WR Rice (TX)
4.03 Rome Odunze WR Washington
4.05 Ricky Pearsall WR Florida
4.11 Johnny Wilson WR Florida State
4.12 Kamari Lassiter CB Georgia
4.15 Josh Newton CB Texas Christian
4.16 Anthony Gould WR Oregon State
4.16 Kalen King CB Penn State
4.18 Marshawn Kneeland DE Western Michigan
4.18 Jalen McMillan WR Washington
4.19 Theo Johnson TE Penn State
4.21 Dallin Holker TE Colorado State
4.23 Ben Sinnott TE Kansas State

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

do you wanna trade down and get 3 third rounders and pick up a 4th?

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I feel like I’m typing something subconsciously that people are getting the opinion I think Lucas is good.

I think he’s serviceable. 

Trust Peters, okay?! He’s the best :ols:

In all seriousness: my point, of the post that started this odd chain of events, was Wylie sucks worse. That’s all. Not that Lucas is an all pro.

Don't try to disguise your overwhelming love for Cornelius Lucas now, It's basically what I know you for. 

• Haha 8

You guys know some of the teams that drafted OL earlier might cut some vets, right? We could grab one of them as a placeholder until we find a better answer next off-season. 

I think some of you forgot just how much we stunk and how many holes were on the roster.

We hired AP to address this, have juuuust a little faith that he knows what he's doing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Searchingforaqb said:

This team just refuses to draft o linemen in the first few rounds 

Since Trent Williams 4th in 2010 only 2 linemen have been picked in the top 2 rounds and 5 in the first 3 rounds

2023 Stromberg (3rd round)

2021 Cosmi (2nd round) 

2018 Christian (3rd round)

2015 Scherff (1st round)
2014 Moses (3rd round)

Yet they draft scrub RB/DT/DB's (Amerson, Cravens, Mathis, Guice, Matt Jones  etc) in these rounds 

They were BPA dude..

1 minute ago, method man said:

There really weren’t any tackles worth going after in FA

Sure there were. Maybe not top flight ones, but certainly better options than we had on the roster. And now, they've been picked clean in the draft, and there isn't really anyone left that will make a impact. Poor planning.

All of the agita over us not taking an OT yet is somewhat amusing and more than a little misguided. You really have to let the draft come to you. Reaching for need is a recipe for mediocrity. If we’d passed on one of the guys we picked in the 2nd tonight and he blows up while our project OT is still riding the bench, these same people would be crucifying Peters and Co. Calm down people. We’re not going to get everything we need in one draft or off-season. We’re just not.

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

You guys know some of the teams that drafted OL earlier might cut some vets, right? We could grab one of them as a placeholder until we find a better answer next off-season. 

I think some of you forgot just how much we stunk and how many holes were on the roster.

We hired AP to address this, have juuuust a little faith that he knows what he's doing. 

Going take 3 years to rebuild the roster completely.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, The Sisko said:

All of the agita over us not taking an OT yet is somewhat amusing and more than a little misguided. You really have to let the draft come to you. Reaching for need is a recipe for mediocrity. If we’d passed on one of the guys we picked in the 2nd tonight and he blows up while our project OT is still riding the bench, these same people would be crucifying Peters and Co. Calm down people. We’re not going to get everything we need in one draft or off-season. We’re just not.

Same conversation we have every year.....gets old.

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I mean, we're idiots for wanting Drake Make, but Brian Daboll and Kevin O'Connell apparently coveted him badly, so...... are they idiots for not agreeing with Peters, too?

Yes. And you should be ashamed for that. 😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mh86 said:

I mean we’ve only missed out on one OT so far… what are y’all ****ing about?

I’m not even sure we missed out on one. I think the OT class was poor and the ones that were worth taking were out of our range. 

I’m interested to see what we do in FA the rest of the way, though. Need two tackles but really, really need a RT.

• Like 2