Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OJ Simpson dead at 76

ixcuincle

46 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

not sure how OJ was able to fanagle his way out of that guilty verdict

I promise if you decide to look into it you’ll find the answer

Documentaries, books, YouTube videos, websites, take your pick. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tshile said:

I promise if you decide to look into it you’ll find the answer

Documentaries, books, YouTube videos, websites, take your pick. 

oh i've seen the documenatires (not the fox one, I thought that was dumb tbh) but the multi part ESPN 30 for 30 Made in America was outstandingly well done and a good look at the racial components behind the trial

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

18 hours ago, Dan T. said:

The only issue with including OJ in this group is he had a history of violence long before he was in the NFL.  Growing up in a tough section of San Francisco and was in a street gang as a teen and - as he himself said - he was violent back then, getting into a lot of fights. 

So CTE wasn't the reason for slaughtering two innocent people.

• Thanks 1

I hate being the guy sounding like he’s defending OJ yet here we are— that story sounds incredibly fake.

Even if all of the parts about OJ are true and the university covered it up, there’s no way they’d simultaneously be that secretive while also telling some random college junior working in the administration office.  Also why would she sign the NDA at that point? They’d have to pay her to even do so. And then he let her hold the donation check?

Besides all of that she points to her background as a criminal justice major as to why she was able to recognize Robert Shapiro and Robert Kardashian. Seriously? I was a 14-year-old on the east coast and I knew exactly who they were. There’s no way they could’ve been seen together on USCs campus in early 1995 and not created a major uproar about why they were there. If they really wanted to pay off the university, they would’ve invited him somewhere off campus to hand him the check.

The whole thing just reads like a bad legal drama.

(for the record, I completely believe that OJ had a history of domestic violence with Nicole and murdered her and her boyfriend that night… it’s just all this conjecture I find nonsensical)

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Remember when he kinda/sorta wrote a book about doing it.

In 1994, Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson were brutally murdered at her home in Brentwood, California. O.J. Simpson was tried for the crime in a case that captured the attention of the American people, but he was ultimately acquitted of criminal charges. The victims' families brought a civil case against Simpson, which found him liable for willfully and wrongfully causing the deaths of Ron and Nicole committing battery with malice and oppression.

Twelve years later, HarperCollins announced the publication of a book in which O.J. Simpson revealed how he would have committed the murders—under the pretense that his confession was “hypothetical.” In response to public outrage that Simpson stood to profit from these crimes, HarperCollins canceled the book. Just one year later, Federal Court Judge A. Jay Cristol awarded the Goldman family the rights to If I Did It. Thus began one of the strangest odysseys in publishing history.

Originally written by O.J. Simpson, the Goldmans published a new edition of the book in the fall of 2007, which included essays written by members of the Goldman family, a member of the Goldman family legal team, and O.J.’s ghostwriter that reveal the fascinating story behind the bankruptcy case, the book’s publication, and the looming court proceedings, which would eventually lead to his conviction. The book, called “one of the most chilling things I have ever read” by Barbara Walters, skyrocketed up bestseller lists across the country in the months following publication as the national media relentlessly covered O.J. Simpson’s dramatic Las Vegas arrest for armed robbery and kidnapping.

The Goldman family views the book as his confession and has worked hard to ensure that the public will read this book and learn the truth. This is O.J. Simpson's original manuscript with up to 14,000 words of additional key commentary from those whose lives were forever changed by the heinous crime.

If I Did It by O. J. Simpson; Pablo F. Fenjves; The Goldman The Goldman  Family; Dominick Dunne, Paperback | Pangobooks

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

@balki1867

I’m just not a fan of coming out with it after a persons dead and has no ability to defend themselves. 

I have no problem believing he did it - but if you want to accuse someone of doing something don’t wait until their dead… or keep your mouth shut. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, balki1867 said:

I hate being the guy sounding like he’s defending OJ yet here we are— that story sounds incredibly fake.

Even if all of the parts about OJ are true and the university covered it up, there’s no way they’d simultaneously be that secretive while also telling some random college junior working in the administration office.  Also why would she sign the NDA at that point? They’d have to pay her to even do so. And then he let her hold the donation check?

Besides all of that she points to her background as a criminal justice major as to why she was able to recognize Robert Shapiro and Robert Kardashian. Seriously? I was a 14-year-old on the east coast and I knew exactly who they were. There’s no way they could’ve been seen together on USCs campus in early 1995 and not created a major uproar about why they were there. If they really wanted to pay off the university, they would’ve invited him somewhere off campus to hand him the check.

(for the record, I completely believe that OJ had a history of domestic violence with Nicole and murdered her and her boyfriend that night… it’s just all this conjecture I find nonsensical)

The alternative here is that she's a good fiction writer with a good imagination and wanted to make something up to tapdance on OJ's grave and get clicks.  That's possible.

I knew who Shapiro and Kardashian were because I followed the case, but just because there's no report of a major uproar doesn't mean that they didn't visit the campus that day.  She signed an NDA due to Shapiro and Kardashian being there, I don't see why that's out of line and they don't need to pay her to do that.  The university didn't bring her into a room to intimidate her, get her to sign that NDA...she went outside with her boss who smoked a cigarette and told her what happened.  Her boss blabbed, but I don't think it's out of line that he was in a moment of weakness after learning some unpleasant stuff and chose to blab to a college junior.  I mean, if it ever got out, who's to be believed, a college junior?

OJ's history of domestic violence against Nicole is well documented and I don't believe for a second that he just started battering women at that point in his life.  I think her story about what was covered up is certainly possible.  

• Thanks 1

What's more, is that I would doubt anyone else knows or cares she signed an NDA... except her.  If she told that story would anyone come out and even remember she signed the NDA?  

This goes more to the chilling effect of NDAs.  

3 hours ago, balki1867 said:

And if, as it states they were reported to the police, paying off the University wouldn't do any good.  There would be a police record.  Paying off the university doesn't do any good if there is a police record.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

OJ's history of domestic violence against Nicole is well documented and I don't believe for a second that he just started battering women at that point in his life.  I think her story about what was covered up is certainly possible.  

I think we're debating two different things-- 

It's certainly possible that OJ had a DV incident in college and I wouldn't be shocked if any actual evidence came out.

But this person's account from 30 years ago, about two incidents that happened almost 30 years before then raises a lot of red flags for me. It's heavily dramatized, fails a few logical checks, there's no way to fact check it, and it was posted on social media by someone who doesn't use their real name. Many parts of that story are possible, but that's different than being believable- I don't find that account believable at all.  There's too many unsaid things that would have to be true that don't make any sense, namely:

- The University covered up for OJ for years and either the President didn't know or didn't care until that day in 1995; at this point OJ had been arrested more than 6 months prior, so I'm certain he'd fielded a lot of questions about one of his most famous alumni in preceding months

- Kardashian and Shapiro showed up to USC's campus together to make a large donation to cover up a sensitive matter, rather than meet privately somewhere off-campus.  (As a comparison point, for a $100k donation, I can probably get Northwestern's president to come to my house for dinner, unfortunately I don't have $100k or a desire to have dinner with him).

- They handed him a check which would've been physically handled and seen by multiple people before getting deposited, when a wire transfer (especially for a large sum) would suffice

- Despite the fact that he's been answering questions about OJ for 6+ months at this point, the University President is so distraught that in a moment of weakness, he confides all this to a random undergrad student that works for him, despite a level of secrecy that requires NDAs

- The University President also let this person hold the check where she'd presumably see the amount of the donation; even that could've been damaging as if she somehow got pulled into the legal mess, her "NDA" is invalidated and her knowledge of the amount would make it much easier to find financial transactions supporting this story

- The NDA somehow expired when OJ died; USC is also complicit in this, so it makes no sense to make her silence only contingent on OJ's lifespan

I'm not a defender of OJ by any means, but I do think this person trying to earn twitter points by making up a story knowing people will eat it up.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, balki1867 said:

I think we're debating two different things-- 

It's certainly possible that OJ had a DV incident in college and I wouldn't be shocked if any actual evidence came out.

But this person's account from 30 years ago, about two incidents that happened almost 30 years before then raises a lot of red flags for me. It's heavily dramatized, fails a few logical checks, there's no way to fact check it, and it was posted on social media by someone who doesn't use their real name. Many parts of that story are possible, but that's different than being believable- I don't find that account believable at all.  There's too many unsaid things that would have to be true that don't make any sense, namely:

- The University covered up for OJ for years and either the President didn't know or didn't care until that day in 1995; at this point OJ had been arrested more than 6 months prior, so I'm certain he'd fielded a lot of questions about one of his most famous alumni in preceding months

- Kardashian and Shapiro showed up to USC's campus together to make a large donation to cover up a sensitive matter, rather than meet privately somewhere off-campus.  (As a comparison point, for a $100k donation, I can probably get Northwestern's president to come to my house for dinner, unfortunately I don't have $100k or a desire to have dinner with him).

- They handed him a check which would've been physically handled and seen by multiple people before getting deposited, when a wire transfer (especially for a large sum) would suffice

- Despite the fact that he's been answering questions about OJ for 6+ months at this point, the University President is so distraught that in a moment of weakness, he confides all this to a random undergrad student that works for him, despite a level of secrecy that requires NDAs

- The University President also let this person hold the check where she'd presumably see the amount of the donation; even that could've been damaging as if she somehow got pulled into the legal mess, her "NDA" is invalidated and her knowledge of the amount would make it much easier to find financial transactions supporting this story

- The NDA somehow expired when OJ died; USC is also complicit in this, so it makes no sense to make her silence only contingent on OJ's lifespan

I'm not a defender of OJ by any means, but I do think this person trying to earn twitter points by making up a story knowing people will eat it up.

Just to be clear, it was the President of Student Affairs.  Though, I'm not sure why the President of Student Affairs would have been involved in or known about case of assault on the campus 20 years earlier.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, balki1867 said:

Totally agree that this story doesn't pass the smell test.  But when you live your life as a narcissist, murdering piece of **** like OJ did, having people line up to piss on your grave kinda goes with the territory.  

4 hours ago, balki1867 said:

Probably.  But I'm gonna believe it because I wanna :) **** OJ.

• Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

• ixcuincle changed the title to OJ Simpson dead at 76
On 4/11/2024 at 9:23 PM, ixcuincle said:

They never had another suspect, he was found culpable in civil court, he and nicole brown simpson had a history of feuds

not sure how OJ was able to fanagle his way out of that guilty verdict

O.J’s contribution to beating the charges was simply dropping an obscene amount of money on his legal team. The verdict was a fallout from Eula Love, 39th and Dalton, Latasha Harlins, Rodney King, etc..We can’t legislate the consequences of oppression. 

Edited by Berggy9598

O.J. Simpson's estate to fight payouts to Brown, Goldman families

The executor of O.J. Simpson's estate says he will work to prevent a payout of a $33.5 million judgment awarded by a California civil jury nearly three decades ago in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the families of Simpson's ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman.

Simpson's will was filed Friday in a Clark County court in Nevada, naming his longtime lawyer, Malcolm LaVergne, as the executor. The document shows Simpson's property was placed into a trust that was created this year.

LaVergne told the Las Vegas Review-Journal that the entirety of Simpson's estate has not been tallied. Under Nevada law, an estate must go through the courts if its assets exceed $20,000.

Simpson died Wednesday without having paid the lion's share of the civil judgment that was awarded in 1997 after jurors found him liable. With his assets set to go through the court probate process, the Goldman and Brown families could be in line to get paid a piece of whatever Simpson left behind.

LaVergne, who had represented Simpson since 2009, said he specifically didn't want the Goldman family seeing any money from Simpson's estate.

"It's my hope that the Goldmans get zero, nothing," he told the Review-Journal. "Them specifically. And I will do everything in my capacity as the executor or personal representative to try and ensure that they get nothing."

Click on the link for the full article