Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

2 hours ago, FuriousD said:

We’ve picked up 3 CBs in FA.

QB, LT, WR.

I am voting for the first 4 picks (and hopefully close to BPA) with 2-36-40-67 going QB, OT, WR, TE in any order after QB.

With 78 and 100 I would expect another OL and then address defense the rest of the way. I am not as bullish on CB because we now have quite a bit of depth and as I have said in the draft thread, we just don't know what we have in Forbes and Martin, our first two picks last year. This FO also has a successful past in drafting really good CBs in the 4th-UDFA range. That seems to be one of their strengths. They may want to get a guy in the mix from that range and then see what we have this season. It's a learning year, not a competing year, so I am perfectly fine rolling into the season with CB being a perceived weakness, because I think we'll learn a lot about what we have there and can determine a path forward with the 2025 off-season to address the defense depending on how things shake out.

So draft the QB and build around him with talent on the OL and weapons. 

My dream scenario would be Maye/Daniels + Jordan Morgan (36), Ja'Tavion Sanders (40) and Xavier Legette/Tez Walker (67). If we could then continue on and grab OT Rosengarten at 78 we'll be locked and loaded on offense. Everything else can be spent on defense from there.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Penalties every kickoff I see. I can't even read this and make sense of it. 

Totally agree. There'll be so many penalties in preseason they'll scrap it before opening day

• Like 2

I feel like I want to toss out 2023 performance as a useful indicator for any of the holdover guys. Last year's team was such a disaster that I'm not sure it showed anyone's true abilities. A true talent evaluator will be able to glean insights from last year's film, but I'm not that person (obviously!). Even so, they may have to look further back to get a better picture.

Having a true #1 TE might be more important for the QB's first year than having a Tyreek Hill on the roster. Especially with the amount of uncertainty about the OL.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

52 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I am voting for the first 4 picks (and hopefully close to BPA) with 2-36-40-67 going QB, OT, WR, TE in any order after QB.

With 78 and 100 I would expect another OL and then address defense the rest of the way. I am not as bullish on CB because we now have quite a bit of depth and as I have said in the draft thread, we just don't know what we have in Forbes and Martin, our first two picks last year. This FO also has a successful past in drafting really good CBs in the 4th-UDFA range. That seems to be one of their strengths. They may want to get a guy in the mix from that range and then see what we have this season. It's a learning year, not a competing year, so I am perfectly fine rolling into the season with CB being a perceived weakness, because I think we'll learn a lot about what we have there and can determine a path forward with the 2025 off-season to address the defense depending on how things shake out.

So draft the QB and build around him with talent on the OL and weapons. 

My dream scenario would be Maye/Daniels + Jordan Morgan (36), Ja'Tavion Sanders (40) and Xavier Legette/Tez Walker (67). If we could then continue on and grab OT Rosengarten at 78 we'll be locked and loaded on offense. Everything else can be spent on defense from there.

Setting aside that I have no idea about scheme fit for these prospects (or hardly anything about them really lol), I could see Morgan being the cutoff for them.  If he’s gone, I think they might go corner (or possibly wr/edge), since there’s a cluster of tackles that would be options at 40 - Kiran, Suamataia, Paul, Rosengarten - and if they’re still there at 40, maybe we swing a trade back.  

I expect we land a TE in that mid 2nd (after a trade back) to mid 3rd range, even though it looks like only 3 guys fit there - Sanders/Sinnot/Stover.

I also expect one of our 3rds to go toward (a second) olineman.  A tackle that falls, Goncalves or maybe someone a guard like Haynes or Puni.

Very good chance we draft a receiver on day 2 IMO.

Framing it a different way, IMO there’s a…

Good chance we trade back from 36 or 40 (small chance we trade back into the 1st instead)

Very good chance we draft a tackle in the 2nd

Good chance we draft a corner in the 2nd

Small chance we draft a receiver in the 2nd, good chance we draft one in the 3rd

Decent to good chance we draft a TE on day 2

Decent chance we draft a 2nd olineman on day 2

Decent chance we draft an edge on day 2

Small chance we draft a S or linebacker on day 2

Since my verbiage is a bit nebulous, I’d say small chance = less than 25%, decent = 25-50, good = 50-75, and very good = 75+%, roughly.

34 minutes ago, profusion said:

I feel like I want to toss out 2023 performance as a useful indicator for any of the holdover guys. Last year's team was such a disaster that I'm not sure it showed anyone's true abilities. A true talent evaluator will be able to glean insights from last year's film, but I'm not that person (obviously!). Even so, they may have to look further back to get a better picture.

Having a true #1 TE might be more important for the QB's first year than having a Tyreek Hill on the roster. Especially with the amount of uncertainty about the OL.

Agreed.  My hope is our pro personnel scouts help point them in this direction, especially for a guy like Forrest, maybe St Juste?  Perhaps promising is that they re-signed Obada who didn’t play last year, and although he was with Quinn in Atlanta, that was only for a couple/few weeks.  Not sure who else this idea might apply to though…?

Edited by skinny21
  • Like 2

I think we might want to change our thinking as far as BPA vs. positional need goes.  RR isn't running our draft room any more.  I don't think our brain trust will be focusing on a certain position in each round.  There will be times, of course, that BPA on our board matches up well with apparent positional needs, but I really don't think GMAP has a preset notion of what position will be taken at #40, for example, IMO.

Just now, Number 44 said:

I think we might want to change our thinking as far as BPA vs. positional need goes.  RR isn't running our draft room any more.  I don't think our brain trust will be focusing on a certain position in each round.  There will be times, of course, that BPA on our board matches up well with apparent positional needs, but I really don't think GMAP has a preset notion of what position will be taken at #40, for example, IMO.

Yeah Im just basing it off our FA activity and depth in the draft. We have two high 2nds, draft is deep in OT and WR, and we didnt address either position in FA. Doesnt take much to put 2 and 2 together.

24 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Yep. If there is a run on WRs before where AP was eyeballing one, guess what - it's back to BPA. GMs have to flexible.

And for the love of the game, when you don't have a franchise QB, don't wait ~every 4 years to spend real draft capital on a QB like we have been doing for ~20 years.

Edited by RandyHolt

1 hour ago, Dark Acre said:

Just get it over with and turn the NFL into a pro PP&K competition.

You realize this rule change would lead to MORE kick returns, not less, right? They’re admitting that they still need to limit full speed 11 vs 11 collisions in KR scenarios but that the current solution is boring and incentivizes too many touchbacks. This would be an improvement and more exciting imo. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Most years I would agree with you, BPA works best for the long term when you have a competent roster. However,  we ain't competent yet. If AP doesn't see the GLARING need at QB and OT we hired the wrong guy. I'd be very surprised if both spots aren't addressed by pick 36. 

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Ron drafted our #1 corner last year, Emmanuel Forbes. I know this because I personally watched the video of Ron calling Emmanuel asking him if he was ready to be a Washington Commander and Forbes said "yes sir". 

Simple-Ron actually got his name wrong and addressed him as Emmanuel FORD...which is as sad as it is hilarious 😂 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

Simple-Ron actually got his name wrong and addressed him as Emmanuel FORD...which is as sad as it is hilarious 😂 

Hilarious in hindsight....Is Emmanuel Ford there? That's really, really bad.....this is our 1st round pick and our head coach totally botches his name? Thanks for posting this again. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

Well, at least he didn't call him Edsel Ford.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Hilarious in hindsight....Is Emmanuel Ford there? That's really, really bad.....this is our 1st round pick and our head coach totally botches his name? Thanks for posting this again. 

Rivera in a nutshell.  He was there, but he wasn't really all there

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Rivera in a nutshell.  He was there, but he wasn't really all there

I honestly wonder how much his cancer diagnosis and the treatments affected him.  To his credit he never made it an excuse for anything, but if you have ever experienced or know somebody who has experienced this it is life-changing.  The man Rivera is now is probably completely different than the one that was hired here.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

59 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

“Is this Emmanuel Lewis? This is Coach Rivera. How’d you like to be a Washington Commander pal? We just drafted ya.”

3BAF98E6-B133-4512-B4A1-2D3934E90208.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

20 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

I honestly wonder how much his cancer diagnosis and the treatments affected him.  To his credit he never made it an excuse for anything, but if you have ever experienced or know somebody who has experienced this it is life-changing.  The man Rivera is now is probably completely different than the one that was hired here.  

I said this two years ago and some people thumbs downed me. He was a shell of himself and it was obvious (and understandable).

We’re in a better place now as a franchise, so who cares at this point (other than a general well-wishing for the man’s health, of course). 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Conn said:

I said this two years ago and some people thumbs downed me. He was a shell of himself and it was obvious (and understandable).

We’re in a better place now as a franchise, so who cares at this point (other than a general well-wishing for the man’s health, of course). 

Same here. I took a lot of blows for that as well.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

58 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Same here. I took a lot of blows for that as well.

618B088IY6L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Why are you downvoting KB? You said you took a lot of blow. I was just trying to help you, and tell you to say no to drugs.

Edited by Commander Adama
  • Thumb down 2

3 hours ago, Commander PK said:

I honestly wonder how much his cancer diagnosis and the treatments affected him. 

No form of cancer, or treatment, is going to make him not know the actual name of the teams first round pick. That just shows that RR didn't really do his job while supposedly running the team.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Commander Adama said:

618B088IY6L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Why are you downvoting KB? You said you took a lot of blow. I was just trying to help you, and tell you to say no to drugs.

Have you not heard that it's ok to take recreational drugs in moderation? Moderation being the operative word. it's why TK, Jumbo, Martin C, et al. are always out of their gourds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1