Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 Roster Thread: all cuts, signings, and trades to be discussed here!

CapsSkins

On 7/3/2024 at 6:56 PM, NYSkins21 said:

I would agree but they certainly didn’t have the caliber potential at QB he has now in JD. Which could accelerate the process a bit.

It could. But I haven't see anything for this new leadership that they'd force an acceleration. If it happens organically, great. 

Still reflect back to Peter's intro presser talking about that first year in San Francisco and while the score didn't represent it. The foundation was being built and they saw the signs it was coming together. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

It could. But I haven't see anything for this new leadership that they'd force an acceleration. If it happens organically, great. 

Still reflect back to Peter's intro presser talking about that first year in San Francisco and while the score didn't represent it. The foundation was being built and they saw the signs it was coming together. 

Yeah, that quote from Peters is sort of the foundation for what makes me think we could be a pain in the *** to play, and as cheesy as this next thought is, it’s reinforced (for me anyway) by the idea that we’ll see - an “all for one, one for all” mindset, creativity from Kingsbury, and a defense that is well drilled and arrives violently.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I don’t think it’s really about forcing an acceleration if Daniels is as good as we hope. Anyone with a passing familiarity with salary cap dynamics and basic analytics will tell you that the best time to “strike” and enter a competitive playoff window is when your franchise QB is on their rookie deal. And these guys in our FO are much smarter than your average bear. If Daniels is a stud in his first year or two prepare for this “slow build through the draft” to be cranked into overdrive. And not in a reckless way, just in an intentional and aggressive way. 

The SF build didn’t have a young stud QB at that time, so they built slow and steady. It’s a big difference.  

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

More importantly, how exactly does he have our team’s practice footage?

To answer my own question, it’s obviously through his relationship with JD. Even if this is just from him seeing film while over at JD’s house, it’s not a great look to have opposing team players’ watching your team’s plays prior to the season. 

Seems like a rookie moment. Not trying to overreact, but one eyebrow is definitely raised. 

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, formerly4skins said:

Looks like Aiyuk is dropping some more not so subtle hints on his socials...dude wants to come to DC. Like, bad.

I'm not sure how this is supposed to help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, formerly4skins said:

Looks like Aiyuk is dropping some more not so subtle hints on his socials...dude wants to come to DC. Like, bad.

Interesting that the line is LT Brandon Coleman, LG Chris Paul, C Tyler Biadaz, RG Ricky Stromberg and RT Trent Scott.  I wonder if it means anything, or just the process of evaluating players?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

More importantly, how exactly does he have our team’s practice footage?

To answer my own question, it’s obviously through his relationship with JD. Even if this is just from him seeing film while over at JD’s house, it’s not a great look to have opposing team players’ watching your team’s plays prior to the season. 

Seems like a rookie moment. Not trying to overreact, but one eyebrow is definitely raised. 

Why are you the only one asking? Why isn't this a bigger deal, It's crazy to me that he has practice tapes of the Commanders. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, mudhog said:

Interesting that the line is LT Brandon Coleman, LG Chris Paul, C Tyler Biadaz, RG Ricky Stromberg and RT Trent Scott.  I wonder if it means anything, or just the process of evaluating players?

Has to be part of the evaluation process because if we roll out with that OL, we're in deep doo-doo :)

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Jumping to some pretty quick conclusions by attributing anything at all to Jayden Daniels. 

How else would Aiyuk have access to our footage? We know how close the two of them are. 

BTW this does appear to have been removed from his Tiktok. 

• Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

How else would Aiyuk have access to our footage? We know how close the two of them are. 

BTW this does appear to have been removed from his Tiktok. 

You are right.... i mean its a very likely scenario - I just hate to attribute this to him before we know it was his fault cause if it turns out not to be the case no one will really care. 

But if I had to guess they were hanging out and all JD really does with his life if watch tape and his friend snuck a pic of it. Then posted it. Some friend. But also if all he really does it watch tape then thats a good thing. 

I'm willing to bet Daniel and Aiyke have been watching film together for years in the offseason and this was the first time he decided to take a picture and post any of it. If thats what happened, anyway. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)

I understand the lengths folks will go to in order to get themselves paid.  But Aiyuk needs to let Jayden be a rookie without distractions, and leave him the hell out of his negotiation tactics.  

I didn’t want to be the team to give up assets and pay Aiyuk in the first place, all this does is sour it further for me.  For $30M APY, I need a Lamb, Chase, Hill type receiver not BA.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 4

JD5 is going to learn real quick how things work in the NFL, and this stuff def doesn't fly.   I hope he can clean up the distractions, this is really not a good look at all.  

I think way too much is being made about Aiyuk posting practice footage. If this happened during the season or even training camp, it's a problem. OTA's not so much in my opinion. And to call it a distraction is silly. From all accounts, Daniels is working his butt off. If there is a problem with this. DQ or KK will make it known to Daniels. This time of year, everyone is trying to find something to talk about.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb down 1