Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

“Team Culture” what do you want our culture to be?

seantaylor=god

Being on we’ve been a yeast infection for years, any culture above that is a move in the correct direction. I just want to see a mean ass team that imposes their will on others and never give up. This past year was hard to watch because so many didn’t care. I don’t want to ever see that again. 

Also, I would like to avoid embarrassing stupid stuff like Sean Taylor family pics taken in front of the Port a potties. Also, let Sean R.I.P. 

I’m not particular on what the culture *should* be - anything that produces wins. But I’m curious what Quinn and Peters want it to be. My hope is they’re able to articulate it in a way that players understand the expectations, are inspired by them, and go about their business with enough consistency/cohesion that it - “it” being the culture - is obvious and apparent to fans or anyone else outside the building. 

Ron abused the reference to culture to a point where it feels like you can only say it while using air quotes and rolling your eyes but anyone that’s been a part of a highly successful team knows a strong culture is the prerequisite to achieving something more than the sum of your parts.

I would love for one of the beat folks to just ask those dudes point blank - how would you define the culture you want inside the building. They better have a clear answer on that. Like, I know they want explosive, violent play style… great and all, who doesn’t want that on the field.. but what is the vibe Monday-Saturday? That to me is WAYY more important than “play style” on Sunday. 

Play style is the outcome - what is the process during the week that’s going to produce that? Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

• Like 1

This is the culture we need. (Looks like youj have to watch it on Youtube). I started following the Redskins when they hired Vince Lombardi. But it was George Allens Redskins that got me hooked. This team was so awesome to watch and root for. 

I actually got to meet a few of those players. Chris Hanburger and Mike Bass came to our school when I was about 10 (1970). Then Larry Brown came to the bar I worked at - it was obviously after his playing time but wow, it was so awesome to meet him. He had a short meeting for business and then left. 

Fun to watch the hits that were so legal then but would get a falg, fine and likely a suspension now!  🙂  But the culture among the players was what we need again today. That type of tgeamwork is timeless. 

- To be competitive down in, down out

- Coaches prepare the team for each game

- The players are explosive and finishers; they play with passion, energy, physicality, toughness and high IQ

And ultimately (once Peters has been able to turn over roster at least once) win enough to consistently compete for NFC Championships and Super Bowls

On 2/18/2024 at 10:07 PM, goskins10 said:

I actually got to meet a few of those players. Chris Hanburger and Mike Bass came to our school when I was about 10 (1970). Then Larry Brown came to the bar I worked at 

You worked at a bar when you were 10? 

That's the exact culture I want...

Seriously though, I would just like the current regime to study everything about the Gibbs era, and then endeavor to replicate it in as many ways as possible. For over 10 years, the Redskins and 49ers were the two best teams in the NFL and both teams had very respected cultures. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

You worked at a bar when you were 10? 

That's the exact culture I want...

Seriously though, I would just like the current regime to study everything about the Gibbs era, and then endeavor to replicate it in as many ways as possible. For over 10 years, the Redskins and 49ers were the two best teams in the NFL and both teams had very respected cultures. 

I would like them to never give even a passing thought to what worked 35+ years ago, and strive to do what works now in 2024, in the modern era. 

• Like 2

On 2/23/2024 at 1:09 AM, Conn said:

I would like them to never give even a passing thought to what worked 35+ years ago, and strive to do what works now in 2024, in the modern era. 

I should have been more specific. I wasn't talking about what they were doing on field. I meant the things that helped them be a respected business organization. The types of things that don't become outdated. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2024 at 6:59 AM, Riggo#44 said:

I think the most important parts of culture are:

1. Everybody plays

2. Everybody has fun

3. Orange slices at halftime

Does everyone get a participation medal after the game?

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 2/26/2024 at 1:22 AM, BraveWarrior said:

I should have been more specific. I wasn't talking about what they were doing on field. I meant the things that helped them be a respected business organization. The types of things that don't become outdated. 

I think the team needs to be respectful of the players, fans, other owners, and the media. Our previous owner was cheap as hell when it came to the players. Took advantage of fans who then stopped coming to the games and supporting the team. Cheated the other owners out of money owed and never spoke to the media or cared to interact with anyone. Take care of those things and organizational respect will follow.

• Like 1