Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 17 - The Commanders vs. The Niners

zCommander

10 hours ago, El Mexican said:

I can't stand behind that logic, bro.

What EB has done with Sam this year is not logical, especially for a first-year starter. And more so if they start struggling.  How about some quick slants? How about some short throws so our receivers could get some YAC. How about running the ball a lot more.  How about we count how many passes were dropped by Howell's receivers against the Jets? I counted 8. How about you? Hit the receivers right in the hands.  How about why did they not go to Rodriquez over and over with Sam earlier in the game.  But no....they waited for the career vet backup to come in and do that.   I don't mind that people have a different POV, but we were all watching the same game.  This is NOT excusing bad play on Howell's part, but the OC must adjust. Must try to put their young QB in a position to develop and succeed.  

Everyone knew the Oline was not our strong point coming into the season.

Why force Howell to throw 40+ passes a game and expose our weakest unit? To see what he can do in extreme circumstances? Makes no sense whatsoever.

But if you are watching the Jets game, adjustments on the line were made for Jacoby.  it is a fact.

Brisset has looked BETTER than Howell.

One can only imagine how the season would have panned out if he took the job instead of Howell.

No one is denying that. But why? The same playcalling for Brissett should have been in place for Howell. I already explained what I saw. And I am just a fan and saw the difference in the calls in real time watching the game with guys and gals on this board.  Period that is my point.  If he took the job from Howell, 4 weeks ago, our D would still have struggled mightily.  The same poor tackling, poor coverage...oh my God, the mainstays of this team for over 20 years, would have still been in play. Not only that, Brissett is a career backup for a reason.  After watching tape, adjustments would have been made for his deficiencies. So, what if he wins 1 or 2 more games??? We are still on the outside looking in with a worst draft position.  

7 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

No one is denying that. But why? The same playcalling for Brissett should have been in place for Howell. 

I completely agree with ALL that you said, man.

That's why this whole QB change is so confusing.

If RR and EB would have wanted to win they would have tailored the playbook as they did for Brisset. It's like night and day.

It looks like the first half of the season was just an exam to see if Howell was the answer for a long-term QB.

Clearly it wasn't since we fell out of competition for the playoffs. That examination was brutal. No concessions were given to Howell. None.

A sort of trial by fire.

And thus we have Brisset now.

4 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

I completely agree with ALL that you said, man.

That's why this whole QB change is so confusing.

If RR and EB would have wanted to win they would have tailored the playbook as they did for Brisset. It's like night and day.

if EB had tailored the playbook to Sam's "strengths" we would probably not be here now IMO.  And trust me RR thought he was the BrainTrust behind the revival of this team and so he had a deep investment, along with EB, for Sam to succeed, which is why it is baffling to me that they changed plays they should have been calling for Sam for Brissett. It caught my attention. And when more seasoned football folks on this board mentioned it, I was like, Okay I am not making this up. I am really seeing this. And it angers me because here is this young kid, who came in with so much promise and he was mismanaged. 

4 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

It looks like the first half of the season was just an exam to see if Howell was the answer for a long-term QB.

Clearly it wasn't since we fell out of competition for the playoffs. That examination was brutal. No concessions were given to Howell. None.

A sort of trial by fire.

And thus we have Brisset now.

He actually had a number of decent games in the beginning of the season. The last month has been horrendous for Howell.  Again, no adjustments by EB, who is IMO a horrible OC.   I don't think Brissett is going to start this game.  Or if he does, well, he won't be very mobile with a hamstring injury. The tank is in. 

• Like 1

Harris is still deciding. Deciding if Caleb is a team player they want to tank for.

Every year we have street DBs forced into duty late in the year. And i contend they always somehow do just fine - adrenaline or easy assignments who knows. Welp this year its impossible for them to look worse. I therefore boldly predict a DB whose name you didn't know gets an INT amid our 73-2 thrashing.

Edited by RandyHolt

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

I just saw in the stats line from last week that Jabril Cox played and registered a tackle. While I have low expectations for him, I am hoping guys like him, Henry, Jones and Tinsley get some shots today and next week

I didn’t realize Jabril Cox was signed? I was a huge fan of his at LSU. Hopefully he has regained the speed he had after his ACL injury.

1st down run up the gut for 1 yard. 2nd down incomplete. 3rd down quick pass for 4 yards. Punt... Pass, pass, pass, punt. Pass, pass, pass, punt. Pass, pass, pass, punt. Pass, pass, pass, punt. Pass, pass, pass, punt. Pass, pass, pass, punt. Pass, pass, pass, punt. Pass, pass, pass, punt. Pass, pass, pass, punt. Pass, pass, pass, punt. Pass, pass, pass, punt... 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1