Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Jets ~ The One Where One Gets Grounded

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Commander Adama said:

You say that now, but what if he did? 

Then he does. Anything can happen in the NFL, but Howell has offered all he can this year. Was it all good, no. Was it all bad, no. At least with Howell we have a good backup.

9 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

How the **** did Sam Howell get ruined so much?   It's like a different player now vs the beginning of this season.   This is so ****ing sad 

It's no coincidence that he's playing against good defenses now.  Not so earlier in the year.  

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yes, I'll admit to wanting to win a game.that wont help the rebuild from a draft position standpoint.

I'm not dumb because we disagree with how to rebuild this football team. 

It's a sport, when winning isn't a good thing anymore, it's not a sport anymore, it's business. 

They lost anyway, like I and many predicted.  Wanting to win didn't change that. They clearly not good enough to win this game, I'm not going to make time on Christmas Eve make sure they lose when I don't need to. 

It's not my job as a fan to rebuild this team.

No idea what you’re even arguing. No, none of us posting here about it mattered to the outcome. We still own our opinions and desires, and seeing yours play out would have objectively hurt the team. That’s all I’m arguing. You still have the right to feel the way you do. 

• Like 1

Just now, Skintime said:

LOL, seek help

I thought z was the unreasonable one, but you got him beat by a mile. Howell isn't good. maybe he will be but he is not right now, I doubt he will ever be. he was a 5th rounder that showed glimpses but had major flaws coming out of college that stuck with him. One of those flaws, him holding the ball to long and taking lots of sacks plus our horrid oline has got him seeing ghost. Carr was rated generational out of college but once he started seeing ghost he never rebounded. The same thing happened to Ramsey. Its usually a death sentence for qbs, and I think it will be even harder for Howell because he is so short. He will see giant men surrounding him in his dreams

4 minutes ago, Skintime said:

He'll be back. He's resilient and we will have new coaches to assist, along with competition and a line

At this point he needs a sports psychologist to get his head right. Who knows if he can.  But one thing I did notice is that the playcalling was different for Jacoby.  I mean Howell needed those short, to intermediate routes they were running with Jacoby. He needed those every game.  It not only would help him and our receivers to get into a rhythm, it is also key not to ask the O-line to stand in for long developing routes, because they cannot do it. I think we even had a change on the O line when Jacoby came in. The whole thing was weird, although I am so happy we lost.  

Btw, if I really wanted to win this game, I would have gone absolutely bananas about the way they handled their last meaningful drive.  

Three predictable runs and a punt to try and win on defense.

If you want to win the game, go win the game on offense.

That was absolutely pathetic.  Assuming Ron wanted to win the game just another in the long list of crappy strategic decisions.  

• Like 2

Howell displayed some good skills and indicated good potential until the team dysfunction took control.

Lately it's all bad with Sam and he has to own his part of what has been deterioration. I never had him at top tier but saw potential for somewhere in the next echelon down, but it was potential. 

Anyone who knows what they're watching thought the same. But it's hard at this point to know if he can rebound from this Rivera-led "trauma." On top of all his other failings, Ron has crapped all over a fifth round potential bargain at the most important position.

I think Sam could still get there and hope he does whether here or elsewhere. But it's hard to imagine the next decision makers will bank on him at #1.

Meanwhile, I've said since day one nothing brings out the low grade fan "analysis" like the QB position and I'm standing by that. 😁 :evil:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Also.  There’s no question the defense is somewhat better under Ron.  Not great.  But better.  

Ron should have fired JDR 2 years ago.  

He is a terrible leader. He had to have know he could do better than JDR but continued to let him lead his best players into a wall every other season.