Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Jets ~ The One Where One Gets Grounded

zCommander

5 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

lol i went and re-read this thread and man, this was a beat by beat re-enactment of when RG3 got hooked for Kirk

”The play calling is different!”

”Why don’t you call those plays for Robert!”

Good ol ES, man. 

For real? I don’t think anyone gives a **** who our qb is

they just don’t want to waste good picks

Edited by dunfer

5 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

lol i went and re-read this thread and man, this was a beat by beat re-enactment of when RG3 got hooked for Kirk

”The play calling is different!”

”Why don’t you call those plays for Robert!”

Good ol ES, man. 

Its amazing what a professional QB looks like compared to a broken project

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

At the start of the season or recently come to this conclusion?

I'm so tired of these seasons ending earlier enough we mad at winning by end of the season.  It adds up and jus feels Hella unhealthy.

I'll root to beat Dallas by myself then.  Last time i saw us play the Jets at home no one was in my row to the left or the right of me.  The tickmaster fees were higher then the cost of the ticket.

I’m there with you brother, screw this nonsense of actually rooting for my team to lose because the draft mob decided it so.  Never been a crowd follower myself.

imagine sitting next to these fools in the stadium. They’re wearing Redskins gear, booing when we score touchdowns and cussing you cause you’re dumbass is celebrating… lunacy!

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

I’m there with you brother, screw this nonsense of actually rooting for my team to lose because the draft mob decided it so.  Never been a crowd follower myself.

imagine sitting next to these fools in the stadium. They’re wearing Redskins gear, booing when we score touchdowns and cussing you cause you’re dumbass is celebrating… lunacy!

What does rooting for meaningless wins accomplish?

13 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Well I definitely wouldn’t be at the stadium, paying my hard earned money for a team that has absolutely no shot to make the playoffs. That’s just me. I can watch meaningless wins/losses at home.

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

What does rooting for meaningless wins accomplish?

What does football accomplish? Since we’re trying to get philosophical? It’s a damn game, I have a fandom for my team and refuse to root for their demise.  Non negotiable for me, I’m built that way. 

What has rooting for draft picks accomplished in the last 30 years? I’ll wait….

8 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

What does football accomplish? Since we’re trying to get philosophical? It’s a damn game, I have a fandom for my team and refuse to root for their demise.  Non negotiable for me, I’m built that way. 

Blasphemy 

joe Gibbs knows if you’ve been bad or good

Edited by dunfer
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

So true, I really wanted us to lose out in 2019. But then we would have Joe Burrow and have missed out on that glorious win over the 5 win Panthers, that we all remember and exalt in to this day. 

That would have sucked. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

So true, I really wanted us to lose out in 2019. But then we would have Joe Burrow and have missed out on that glorious win over the 5 win Panthers, that we all remember and exalt in to this day. 

That would have sucked. 

Maybe you should’ve clicked your heels 3 more times and rooted even harder to lose so we could’ve ruined Burrow like we did Howell and RG3 or screwed up his contract by now like Kirk. Or maybe you should call Dr. Strange and work out the physics and find the perfect multiverse where Burrow’s our QB and gets his team over the hump and actually WINS a superbowl. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lovemaskins said:

Maybe you should’ve clicked your heels 3 more times and rooted even harder to lose so we could’ve ruined Burrow like we did Howell and RG3 or screwed up his contract by now like Kirk. Or maybe you should call Dr. Strange and work out the physics and find the perfect multiverse where Burrow’s our QB and gets his team over the hump and actually WINS a superbowl. 

seth-meyers-late-night-seth.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, lovemaskins said:

The people smart enough to root for the optimal outcome aren’t dumb enough to be caught dead at the game, so you wouldn’t have to worry about that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, lovemaskins said:

I was on this side of the argument like 12 years ago here, and I argued that it's pointless to want to lose because the players and coaches aren't trying to lose and you would never say this to a players face.

These days?  I just don't care anymore.  I've seen enough bad years and the big difference is new ownership.  That already makes it an attractive place for coaches, players, GM etc but the high draft picks are just extra sweetness.  That's all that matters anymore.  How well they rebuild. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Conn said:

The people smart enough to root for the optimal outcome aren’t dumb enough to be caught dead at the game, so you wouldn’t have to worry about that. 

You should go to game then, they’re rather fun. Great experience you should put on the bucket list…

I had to go somewhere and didn't watch the 2nd half.  I thought for sure that this leg of my bet was a LOCK.

Then I saw we had 14 then 21 and was like WTF and looked at stats and saw Howell was out.

Then I saw we had the lead and thought Rivera and Jacoby were going to f it all up for me.  

Thankfully the lost lol.

zDsZxgj.png

• Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, DWinzit said:

That's only if they can catch up to them. They are usually caught up in traffic after their delayed instincts kick in

…..or running into each other.

5 hours ago, KDawg said:

That’s very paraphrased. He did say that it’s probably not going to happen but he feels bad for Howell because of how bad the team is.

Not to mention, Simms has no idea what will happen.  

2 hours ago, lovemaskins said:

This isn’t Twitter Doc go to bed lol

• Haha 3