Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Rams - The One Where One Gets Rammed

zCommander

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Gotta love the trolls taking a victory lap yet they’ve never once provided valuable insight or evidence to support their generic takes on QB ever.

No biggie. They were ultimately right, regardless, it looks like. I don’t agree that they were always right, of course. But it looks that way now. 

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'd be surprised since they are now eliminated 

It's 50-50 if they had won today he would have. A big thing for Rodgers is about proving people wrong about the time it takes to recover from this injury. If he plays it's about him.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

No biggie. They were ultimately right, regardless, it looks like. I don’t agree that they were always right, of course. But it looks that way now. 

I agree with you that Sam looked completely cooked at this point, but I'm also not convinced that Brissett is going to do much more in the long run. Coming in cold near the end of a game vs a team that hasn't game planned for you is a completely different beast than a regular start.

Again, not necessarily trying to take away the fact that Brissett had some nice throws, just saying that this sort of performance in this situation isn't indicative of how things will play out.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We need to bring in Andrew East.  He was a snapper, actually here for a short bit.  Married to Shawn Johnson, Olympic gold medal gymnast.  

He might not be able to snap anymore.  But we’d get featured in Shaw’s Instagram story.

He was here in 2019 I think.

It’s just funny. He hasn’t improved like at all and yet there he is. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Searchingforaqb said:

It's win/win for Harris

Riverbed wins games and the team has momentum going into offseason

or

team loses and has higher picks (as much of a lottery as the draft is)

Either way, Tugboat Ron is gone and Harris has draft picks from the two DE trades (Sweat trade a debatable one) and plenty of cap space 

Harris doesn't get judged for 3 years minimum unfortunately in my view 

to add to this, I've no doubt Harris realises how bad Rivera is, but if he fires him, he has to give EB interim HC or put someone in over EB

if he does the former and doesn't then hire EB as HC next year it's a mess, if he does the latter it'll be as bad as when colts have Saturday the interim job

at least Harris isn't a complete idiot like Tepper just firing people 

Just now, mistertim said:

I agree with you that Sam looked completely cooked at this point, but I'm also not convinced that Brissett is going to do much more in the long run. Coming in cold near the end of a game vs a team that hasn't game planned for you is a completely different beast than a regular start.

Again, not necessarily trying to take away the fact that Brissett had some nice throws, just saying that this sort of performance in this situation isn't indicative of how things will play out.

I’m not convinced on anything with Brissett, either. Or the OL. Or EB.