Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Rams - The One Where One Gets Rammed

zCommander

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Fletcher who used to be fairly high on Howell but not feeling it today. He thinks Howell was the main problem today and they should have put him on the bench sooner 

I agree. Howell was bad today. He’s been Ramsey’d. We love doing that to young QBs.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Fletcher who used to be fairly high on Howell but not feeling it today. He thinks Howell was the main problem today and they should have put him on the bench sooner 

Don’t disagree but you can’t do it.  It’s gotta be Howell all season.  

And Brissett might just be more competitive against the Jets.  

Just now, KDawg said:

I agree. Howell was bad today. He’s been Ramsey’d. We love doing that to young QBs.

Yeah I've been impressed with how resilient Howell has been this year, especially for a young guy just starting. But there's only so much abuse a young QB can take before it gets to his head. 

• Like 4

Just now, MrJL said:

haven't the receivers dropped five or six passes?

Yes they did. But Howell has been bad today. Erratic passes, horrible decisions, happy feet, no confidence. Even his body language is off.

He has been beaten into submission.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This game, today, has shown me a beaten down and in his head quarterback. I’m not sure that can be fixed. We broke him. Duct tape doesn’t fix that. We may need to go QB.

Agree. It’s malpractice from Ron to give Howell a crap O line while making him throw a record amount of times this season like this is Mike Martz’s Rams offenses 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This game, today, has shown me a beaten down and in his head quarterback. I’m not sure that can be fixed. We broke him. Duct tape doesn’t fix that. We may need to go QB.

LMAO, you were literally defending this guy weeks ago by calling me a hater. It’s why I never say anything to anyone. Eventually they come around and see what others see earlier.

Edited by dyst
  • Confused 1

Just now, KDawg said:

It's been a real possibility I've been fearing and I think might be coming to pass ☹️

If such seems to be the case and, either way, he's moved by the new regime I can certainly live with it and will hope for Sam to regroup and do well elsewhere as starter or backup for awhile.

I saw enough talent and positive attributes as a player to believe he's got a shot at a decent to fairly good career in this league and think there are enough qb hungry teams for him to get a call. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He’s looked cooked for weeks.

And not to discredit Brissett, but it’s much easier to come in off the bench cold as a vet in a hopeless game.  No way the offense will all the sudden not be awful.

Just now, KDawg said:

Yes they did. But Howell has been bad today. Erratic passes, horrible decisions, happy feet, no confidence. Even his body language is off.

Hard to argue with that.  

We've seen it before, know what it looks like.  

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The new scapegoat...

They've ruined this dude.

I may be inclined to change my mind to try to get QB now, worst case scenario is occurring right in front of our eyes.

• Sad 1

Just now, KDawg said:

I'm a big Howell guy but he hasn't looked good for a few games now. Decision making, accuracy issues. His head is not on straight. Like you said "beaten into submission".

• Like 1

Just now, dyst said:

LMAO

Do you ever stop trolling? My takes on Howell have been consistent all season. He played really well with a few bad decisions and bad passes in the competitive aspect of the season. The last few weeks he has started to regress and today he was awful. 

Is it far fetched to believe that this OL broke him? It is what it is.

Would you rather I lie about it and say he’s playing well? He’s not. He’s a liability at this point.

• Like 1