Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Dolphins are Mammals

KDawg

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

What more does Eric Bieniemy have to do to get a head coaching opportunity?!?!?!

He will need to pray someone will pick him up as a OC next year or whenever he might get a second chance.

Then prove he can turn an offense into a winning program getting them to the playoffs. It would take understanding the players, know their strengths and call plays using them

59 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Nah man, this is coping.  Do you think for a second that the 49ers would have dealt off Bosa for a song after he hurt his knee and tried to justify it as some sort of savvy move to avoid a ticking time bomb?  We don't really know anything about Chase's knee, or how long he'll be able to play.  What we do know is that our line was the only part of the defense that worked somewhat well, and losing Chase and Montez has completely destroyed our ability to generate pressure with our front four.  Now we're stuck running desperate blitzes that got absolutely smoked the past two weeks and we get 40 burgers dropped on us. Meanwhile both the Bears and 49ers defenses have massively improved in performance since the deadline, and they are loving their new toys.  We got our pockets picked and now have to start over on building the defensive line and our ability to generate pressure from the edge, instead of using our massive amount of cap space to shortcut that process with in house talent next year.  The best defenses continuously add high end DL talent no matter the cost.  Here our gump ass front office, local media, and fanbase **** about over investing in a DL with four good players in it, when the Eagles and 9ers have like eight.  Not only that, those four players were the only good players on the whole defense, and we have 90 ****ing million dollars in cap space next year.

Anyone who thinks Chase isn't having an impact in San Francisco should read this article about their pass rush since he showed up: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39014202/san-francisco-49ers-pass-rush-improving-three-game-win-streak

The 49ers are sharp dealers and they exploited our collapsing franchise again to get a premium talent for a song.  That knee **** was how they leveraged us into making a bad deal, the real dynamic they were exploiting was another personality conflict with a star player and an unstable front office situation in the middle of a transition.  It is the same damn thing they did to us in 2020 with Trent.  Teams like the 49ers are super intentional and don't treat draft picks like found money to gamble with.  They use them strategically in a relentless effort to improve their roster.  They wanted Chase and had a plan for him and have basically turned around their pass rush with three changes, going from ~25th in pass rush win rate to top five since the deadline.  And the biggest and most consequential change they made was adding Chase, as the other change to stop blitzing was a downstream consequence of getting him.  Now that defense is flying around and killing teams, and they just dominated the line of scrimmage against the team who was supposed to be the best at that in the NFL.

The 49ers farmed us and the Panthers to build the best roster in the league this year.  There isn't any silver lining in this for us.  It's just a strong and ultra competitive franchise taking advantage of terrible franchises. It's just us being so weak and unstable that we find it necessary to lie to ourselves that this was the best outcome available to us, so that we might avoid facing the reality of how bad we are.

I understand your frustration in the larger scheme of this franchise over the years (especially in comparison to SF and our trades with them in that time) but Young just isn’t the guy you think he is, sorry. He’s not Bosa and never will be, so not really a good comparison. Maybe he can be a force multiplier on an already built defense like San Fran’s, and that’s the risk they took. Good for them, they possibly will benefit from another blunder by this franchise if he’s that missing piece for them down the stretch run. Doesn’t really change anything that I said.

I’m also not a fan of dismissing reports out of hand from reliable beat writers who are not known to be mouths for the franchise. The reports that the Ravens (and Niners) had a higher offer on the table for Young and balked due to the knee are credible to me, don’t know what else to say. I guess there’s nothing I can say to argue with you if you want to plug your ears and say “la la la not real, you’re a sucker for believing that”. I guess we’ll see. 

I do agree with you that our relationship-building with our players has to improve under the next regime and moving forward. Obviously. That has to be a hallmark of your franchise to ever accomplish anything or build anything. The utter failure of the Four-1st-Round-DL era debacle isn’t as simple as saying we chose not to use our cap space to fill that hole, though. It would have been stupid to give Sweat that contract and on Young, I believe we’ve gone back and forth enough already about Young. Maybe he can be the finishing piece to a SB team in SF. But he clearly wasn’t a centerpiece to build around here and his knee may be held together by toothpicks and scotch tape. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 M'Fers

Good

• Gibson didn't fumble when pressed into extra duty.
  • Tress Way - best hands on the team covering for Cheeseman the worst LS in the league.
  • Jamin had a pass defended. Looked like the football player athlete we drafted for a moment there.

Bad

• Ronald F'in Rivera, DC. Ran JDRs playbook and likely called the same play for entire drives. No deception presnap and guys wide open deep AGAIN.  No deception, despite watching Miami KILLING Sam when doing it. Show 5, bring 3, and then 1 delayed - that 1 comes clean over and over. Memo to Harris - nab Fangio if you can. We line up 4-3 with 3 farther off than any other game I watch. The entire defense is predicated on Allen and Payne collapsing the pocket themselves. They must get gassed - they are facing immense pressure. I think Mathis's name has been called once this year. Or, twice. once for injury.
  • OL - worst pass pro in the league. Our OL coach has to be the worst in the league. I mean our TE coach. Folks head explode that our WRs cannot get open and say Turner who we hated could scheme them open. Welp, Turner never had this level of dysfunction on the OL. DCs figured out to go deception up front / tight man over and over, and its killing our offense. I want to see the % of tight man our WRs face by week - I am convinced its been ramping up. No zone for you.  Completions now happen because Sam bails. Memo to EB - roll Sam out. Dude needs memo's with Harris and Eugene cc'd. EB's stubborn af. Telling with the camera pointed at him sitting on the bench next to Howell, dejected.
  • DB's were terrible - it needs to be survival of the fittest for them at this point, and ignore coaches. Our FS has to ignore the terrible call and give our rookie safety playing Man vs a teams fastest WR help over the top. They need a DB players only meeting. Get Eugene in there to tell them the odds of their salary increasing by ignoring JDRs failed scheme.

Meh

• Teams dominating. Cheeseman only had 1 bad snap. Slye only 1 miss. Pringle taking watching kickoffs looked damn good.
  • Barton finally got to blitz but looked like my dobermutt running 30 mph getting faked out when a rabbit does a tiny head fake that one time a year he gets to chase one.
  • Our new DB coach held Miami's vaunted offense to 38 - exceeded reasonable expectations. That's not bad for a high school boy.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, moondog said:

Maybe the ring. But dude isn’t getting anywhere near what sweat got. I would bet money he gets a one year prove it deal for maybe $10M. Clowney was a huge bust as well but at this point will still have a far better career than Young but I’m gonna guess Chase will have a similar career where he just bounces around the league but never comes close to sniffing the potential of what people thought he could be. 

Watching the SF game, I felt like he was only in about half the snaps and when he was the most notable thing he did was miss a sack, lay on the ground forever like Haynesworth and then finally get up and walk toward Hurts as he continued to scramble before throwing it away. 

Dude is a clown. I’m glad he’s no longer on the team so I can admit he’s an arrogant pos who had one good year and has done nothing since but still acts publicly like he’s as good as it gets rather than trying to convince myself there’s still something there and maybe he’s good. 

Yep, we aren't going to miss him that's for sure. He is pretty much a one trick pony, either get the sack or not and it's usually not. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Yep, we aren't going to miss him that's for sure. He is pretty much a one trick pony, either get the sack or not and it's usually not. 

Did you see that move Van Ginklel or whatever his name did to vs Wylie that spin move, when was the last time we had a DE that did this i cannot remember...

2 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Did you see that move Van Ginklel or whatever his name did to vs Wylie that spin move, when was the last time we had a DE that did this i cannot remember...

I saw it. The last guy we had that routinely switched up moves based on his matchup was Kerrigan from what I remember, but I don't remember him doing the spin move???

5 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

If you mean faked a RT out of their shorts, it happens to Wylie every week

I did expect Chase to learn the spin as he grew as a "generational" talent.

Heck, I expected hi to learn about contain too. 

30 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:
  • OL - worst pass pro in the league. Our OL coach has to be the worst in the league. I mean our TE coach. Folks head explode that our WRs cannot get open and say Turner who we hated could scheme them open. Welp, Turner never had this level of dysfunction on the OL. DCs figured out to go deception up front / tight man over and over, and it’s killing our offense. I want to see the % of tight man our WRs face by week - I am convinced it’s been ramping up. No zone for you.  Completions now happen because Sam bails. Memo to EB - roll Sam out. Dude needs memo's with Harris and Eugene cc'd. EB's stubborn af. Telling with the camera pointed at him sitting on the bench next to Howell, dejected.

Spot on.

It’s been the same every week and it’s truly unbelievable that EB has no answers for it.  I understand the lack of talent on the OL because I have eyes.  But good god almighty, every team is doing pretty much the same thing and EB never has answers.  Unbelievably believable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I will say I think Davis had a pretty good game and might actually develop into a solid WSLB under a better regime. Probably not worth picking up his 5th year option though, but a smart FO might actually offer him a cheap 2-3 year extension in anticipation of a possible breakout season in 2024 under a better coach.

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Completions now happen because Sam bails

This is key. We are not creating plays within the scheme anymore - too much quick pressure, doesn’t give receivers time to separate, defenses know that and clamp down on quick game and take that away (on the pick six the DE was literally expecting that throw pre snap - clearly knew what was coming based on alignment and tendency).

Our plays come from Sam creating outside the scheme using his legs. That’s basically the offense now.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tyreek Hill. Single covered by Quan Martin...

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Our plays come from Sam creating outside the scheme using his legs. That’s basically the offense now.

It won't, but this should end the EB as HC narrative.

• Like 1

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Tyreek Hill. Single covered by Quan Martin...

Achane was single covered by Davis and was also wide open. Literally two guys wide open downfield because we play single man coverage against the two fastest players in the league. What a joke.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I will say I think Davis had a pretty good game and might actually develop into a solid WSLB under a better regime. Probably not worth picking up his 5th year option though, but a smart FO might actually offer him a cheap 2-3 year extension in anticipation of a possible breakout season in 2024 under a better coach.

In a vacuum yes... Can't imagine the whole impending jail-time thing is working in his favor tho.

New staff is gonna look at that and may just choose not to push any kind of money his way.

1 hour ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Knowing the culture of this place and the person Dan Snyder is, he probably promised EB the HC job behind Ron’s back in the event Ron quit, retired, or had a poor season this year.

As checked out as Ron is I'd bet he already gave it too him

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wade Phillips also talked weeks ago about how Wylie telegraphs plays

That perfectly illustrates how much Andrew Wylie sucks and if he even belongs in the NFL at this point.  This is unbelievably high school level bad.  

• Thumb up 1