Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Rappaport, Jack Del Rio/ Vieselmeyer Fired. Ron will run defense for rest of Season

Reaper Skins

6 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

The only way I see Ron not losing his job is if they win all their remaining games and decisively and that ain't happening Cap'n. 

As someone else said, the Hariss organization wants someone who is good at their job, not lucky...some of the time.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, profusion said:

Perhaps evaluating the defensive players and position coaches was too difficult with Del Rio calling the shots. This is a way to get film on the players with some different playcalling. It'll be interesting to see how Ron coaches 'em up, whether it's any different.

I agree and probably bug reason why Ron won't get fired until offseason because Bieniemy being Asst HC and the interim may integer with Howells development and evaluation of the offense.

I couldn't tell what Rivera was doing anyway anyway, so I don't expect a drop off somewhere else because he's busy calling the defense now.

And I agree if this was done before the season started we might be having a different conversation right now.  No way did I think the defense would be so bad with all the resources put into it that we're a fringe top 5 pick team because of our 23 yo QB.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Ron's demise was not only poor coaching but his draft picks especially in the first round have been complete busts. Talent can make up for poor coaching or at least disguise it for a while.  Ron has been exposed for what he is, a nice guy who sucks at coaching.

Edited by rumplestilskin
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

Slowly that last remaining stench of the Snyder reign is coming to an end.  Almost done, just a few more weeks.

Looking forward to black Monday -- completely clean house.  Very important off-season coming up.

And please Josh -- ace the ****ing name -- it's awful and was picked by Dan and Ron.  It's got to go along with the terrible black unis.  Ugh,... 

Edited by Probos
  • Like 7
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

This move should have been made after the first Eagles loss.  That was the last chance to save the season and keep the locker room from getting away from them.

Should have been made before the start of last season really. But yeah the signs of dysfunction on the defensive side of the ball were clear early in the season.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Probos said:

Slowly that last remaining stench of the Snyder reign is coming to an end.  Almost done, just a few more weeks.

Looking forward to black Monday -- completely clean house.  Very important offense season coming up.

And please Josh -- ace the ****ing name -- it's awful and was picked by Dan and Ron.  It's got to go along with the terrible black unis.  Ugh,... 

If Harris decides to keep Rivera for another year, he is worse than Snyder

• Like 2

Just now, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

If Harris decides to keep Rivera for another year, he is worse than Snyder

There is more chance of me coaching the team next season than Rivera. 

The results would be similar and I’d do it for half the cost. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Glad JDR is gone, long time coming.

He won't find it easy to grab another DC position either.

I don't know what Ron is gonna do w/ this D that is any different tho.

At least we won't see Ron standing like a statue motionless as we get our ass kicked. Now we'll see his lips move as he calls in plays THEN stand like a statue motionless as we get our ass kicked

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1