Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Rappaport, Jack Del Rio/ Vieselmeyer Fired. Ron will run defense for rest of Season

Reaper Skins

23 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

How pissed will everyone be if for whatever reason the defense doesn't suck now that Rivera's taking over?

He really can’t win, because even if that happens it just makes him look worse for not making a change sooner, when it would have mattered. 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

He really can’t win, because even if that happens it just makes him look worse for not making a change sooner, when it would have mattered. 

I think the issue is more in terms of a negative effect on our draft placement.  But I’ll push back a tiny bit too, Ron can “win” by showing out as a DC.  As a HC though, I think you’re 100% right.

2 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I think the issue is more in terms of a negative effect on our draft placement.  But I’ll push back a tiny bit too, Ron can “win” by showing out as a DC.  As a HC though, I think you’re 100% right.

I also hope he doesn’t find a way to finally start doing some tangible work, just to screw up our draft position. 

But yeah, he can audition for his next potential DC job. But it makes him look like an even more detached leader as a HC if he could’ve fixed this defense long ago. Makes him look like a lazy fool if he actually does outproduce JDR as a DC, makes him look like a loser if he doesn’t. He really can’t win. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Conn said:

I also hope he doesn’t find a way to finally start doing some tangible work, just to screw up our draft position. 

But yeah, he can audition for his next potential DC job. But it makes him look like an even more detached leader as a HC if he could’ve fixed this defense long ago. Makes him look like a lazy fool if he actually does outproduce JDR as a DC, makes him look like a loser if he doesn’t. He really can’t win. 

And this my friend, is the paradoxical hole Rivera dug for himself by just sitting there with his arms crossed, emotionless during the games.    He made this bed,  now lay in it.  I do not feel sorry for him in the least bit lol.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Kind of like how Tugboat Ron claimed credit for 'finding' Sam Howell, even though he let him rot on the bench for 16 out of 17 games...and he wouldn't have even gotten into the 17th game if Heineke hadn't recommended that he start!

2 hours ago, skinny21 said:

I kind of wonder if he knows his time as an HC is coming to an end, so he's auditioning for future gigs as a DC.

On 11/27/2023 at 11:28 PM, samy316 said:

No to McDermott.  The Bills SB window has closed, and Josh Allen is just entering his prime.  They wasted their window to get to and win a SB, and now McDermott is the odd man out in Buffalo.  Buffalo needs an offensive minded coach to get the best out of Allen, because clearly McDermott is not the right coach for him to take that next leap.  When you have a franchise QB like Allen or Herbert, you need an offensive minded coach to mold that QB, and get the best out of your offense.  Look at what Herbert's going through in LA.  Staley is ruining Herbert's chances to compete just exactly like McDermott is in Buffalo with Herbert.  McDermott is nowhere near as bad as Staley, but he's not an offensive guy, and Allen needs the right offensive minded coach.  They actually had that person in Brian DaBoll.  Look at how Allen's regressed since DaBoll left.

If we're sticking with Howell, we need to get the best offensive minded coach that money can buy.  It will do wonders for him and our offense.  No more defensive minded coaches or retreads.  There's proof of this too. 

Look at Jordan Love for example.  Just a couple of weeks ago, people were wondering whether or not Love would be a bust in GB, but now he's starting to figure things out, and has cut down his turnovers dramatically, and he's looking comfortable in the pocket.  The reason for that is his coach Matt LaFleur.  He's a great young offensive minded coach, and he's figured out a game plan to get the best out of Jordan Love, to the point where he looks like a legit starting QB. 

On the other hand, Kenny Pickett has regressed severely, and he's looking lost and overwhelmed in Pittsburgh.  He's getting worse each week, and that's because they have a defensive minded coach, who doesn't manage the offensive side of the ball well.  They just fired their disaster of an OC in Matt Canada.  I bet you that Pickett will continue to struggle, until they get the right offensive coordinator/coach to improve him.

Allen been a mvp candidate for 5 years . And Hebert an elite qb I mean holding the team back one thing but those guys are top 10 players at there position. 

I’m surprise by some of the responses of SM honestly . This is the same guy btw who we’ve played the bills 3 times since Ron been here and got absolutely blown out . 

1 hour ago, Commander202 said:

Allen been a mvp candidate for 5 years . And Hebert an elite qb I mean holding the team back one thing but those guys are top 10 players at there position. 

I’m surprise by some of the responses of SM honestly . This is the same guy btw who we’ve played the bills 3 times since Ron been here and got absolutely blown out . 

That's because of the greatness of Allen, and that the Bills are MUCH more talented than this team is.  McDermott, while nowhere near as bad as Staley, is not really doing the best job that he can to get Buffalo to breakthrough to get to SB's.  He's a defensive coach at the end of the day.  If you have a talented, Top 5 QB in Allen, you need to do find Allen the best OC that you can afford, so that he can excel to that next level.  When they lost Daboll, Allen reverted back to his old habits at the beginning of his career as a turnover machine.  He's playing a LOT more reckless the past two years, than he did the 3 years he was coached under Daboll.

Since McDermott is a defensive minded HC, he's not going to be as adaprtive and quick to adjust Buffalo's offense like an offensive minded coach would be.  If a Matt LaFleur or Sean McVay type coach were coaching Buffalo, Allen would be a lot better off.

Edited by samy316