Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 13 - The Commanders vs. The Dolphins

zCommander

On 11/29/2023 at 10:28 AM, Koolblue13 said:

Dang, there's like 4 others in the water, waiting their turns. 

Is this what they call ' docking" ?  And to think, the lady never once even considered their noses to be useful! 

This was no accident at all, it was definitely on 'porpoise'...      I'll be here all night folks !!!

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Dang, there's like 4 others in the water, waiting their turns. 

Is this what they call ' docking" ?  And to think, the lady never once even considered their noses to be useful! 

This was no accident at all, it was definitely on 'porpoise'...      I'll be here all night folks !!!

Dolphins are total assholes. That's how they roll.

I'm a little disappointed with some of major ES'ers on this message board - we used to "buckle up" for the upcoming game, and express some hope on how we might win.  Now, it's all about 'tanking', who should be fired, who should be cut, etc.

Lately, a lot the ES focus has been on how (and how much)  to blow up the franchise's  front office, the  coaching staff, the positional coaching staff, the players, and who to draft in 2024.

There's been almost nothing on how Washington's offense might possibly exploit the Miami defense to put up enough points to actually win this game.  Instead I'm reading how, ES'ers are so glad to be starting their Miami players on their fantasy teams -- which doesn't really seem appropriate for this message board.

To be honest, I predicted a Miami win early on, but if it rains a lot, the Miami "speed advantage" may be neutralized by the field conditions.  The Miami QB  has shown he can have really off days. There are a lot of Miami "questionables" for their roster.  And yet, no one has .mentioned how Washington might keep this close, and maybe even snatch a victory at home.

I get that times are tough, but I don't like seeing how so many posts are glowing about our opponents and their coaches this week, and running down our own team. Maybe focus instead on how this game give an opportunity for Washington's newer players and skilled players to show how they match up against upper-tier AFC talent. There are some great match-ups this week!

Edited by Wyvern
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

I'm a little disappointed with some of major ES'ers on this message board - we used to "buckle up" for the upcoming game, and express some hope on how we might win.  Now, it's all about 'tanking', who should be fired, who should be cut, etc.

Its possible the Skins can beat the Dolphins, and its a fact that we had two good battles against the probable best team in the league in Philly.

However, maybe beating Tyrod Taylor and Tommy DeVito would help creating more scenarios of optimism in people's minds.

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Its possible the Skins can beat the Dolphins, and its a fact that we had two good battles against the probable best team in the league in Philly.

However, maybe beating Tyrod Taylor and Tommy DeVito would help creating more scenarios of optimism in people's minds.

Understood. But  Washington - Giants games tend to be strange outcomes, often since NY gets a little 'boost' from the NFL referee-network.

My point was, that maybe this message board can focus -- at least a little bit --on where some Washington players might shine this week vs. Miami.

10 hours ago, Wyvern said:

I'll assume a healthier, more positive posture once all remnants of the Daniel Snyder regime, specifically coaches and personnel, are gone. THEN I can actually feel hyped for games, even the tougher ones, because of the newly-aded ingredient added to the recipe called hope.

Edited by BurgundyBooger

My point was, that maybe this message board can focus -- at least a little bit --on where some Washington players might shine this week vs. Miami.

This is the thread for predictions, not wishes.

I want the Commanders to run roughshod over everyone, but I've also been watching their games this year and know better.

Understood. But  Washington - Giants games tend to be strange outcomes, often since NY gets a little 'boost' from the NFL referee-network.

Unfortunately, fans have wised up to what this team truly is under Rivera (and the last remnants of the Snyder FO/regime), and have already moved their focus to the offseason.  I think if most fans were honest with themselves, this was the most likely outcome for the season, even before training camp.  I knew we were in for a rough season once we finished the offseason with virtually no major upgrades or signings besides EB or naming Sam Howell the starter. This season always had the feeling of things getting ugly, and it’s now been fully realized.

There’s not much to say about this current team at the moment.  Now that our playoff chances are zero, the only reason to watch this team is for the continued development Sam Howell.  I don’t give a damn about the rest of the team or our chances to win meaningless games the rest of the season, but I am looking to see how Howell progresses from here on out, and if he looks like a franchise QB by the end of the season.  That would be the only positive outcome to come out of this disaster of a season.  I couldn’t care less about the defense, since we’re looking at a MAJOR retooling of the entire unit by next season. I don’t care about the game results anymore either.  If we lose today 35-31, and Howell looks great, that’s almost as good as a win at this point in a non-competitive season.  The best thing to happen to this team from now until January is to play close games and lose, while Sam Howell continues to improve his QB play.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, profusion said:

This is the thread for predictions, not wishes.

I want the Commanders to run roughshod over everyone, but I've also been watching their games this year and know better.

There really wasn't an existing thread appropriate for my comment.  This one had a lot of the fantasy chat and pro-Miami sentiment, so I chose this one.

I understand how folks are discouraged with the current product and the Snyder era, but I'm still hoping ES'ers on this message board can still express their support for this team's performance (collectively and individually)  in a contest against an AFC upper-tier opponent.  I'd hate to see someone posting on the game-day thread to cheer the fact that Miami's RB scored a TD, because that person had that guy on their Fantasy Football lineup that week.