Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 13 - The Commanders vs. The Dolphins

zCommander

Miami thrives on the weak, they might (along side of Dallas) be neck and neck for the best record against losing teams but when they play real teams they lose.  Having said all that for no reason whatsoever other then to make my prediction seem even more true.  I got:

Dolphins 41

Commanders 14

and my over/under for Howell to throw a INT for a TD again is: +1

• Thumb up 1

Watching the Dolphins offense the only way our D stops them is if they stop themselves. 

Tua can throw late sometimes and turn it over - but when he’s in rhythm their passing game is really hard to stop. Their running game is underrated - mainly outside zone but they block it really well. 

Made a good Jets D look very ordinary apart from a couple of picks. 

The only question I have is can we keep

them under 40?

Commanders 20 - Dolphins 38.

• Like 2

I think we'll know early if this will be close or not given the players calls for making things more simple on defense and whether Rivers foes that for him.

Dolphins have shown what they're capable of, but it's not like we can't score points.  Will the shockwave of accountability kick in with the recent firings?. Too hard to tell, are they even back to practice yet?

Maybe by kickoff of our ass kicking, I will have stopped laughing at the notion it was Ron's idea to fire JDR and what has to be one of the least qualified DB coaches in team history.  Achane should be back. Miami will be loaded for bear.  But I want to see Forbes assigned to shadow Hill. Ok Waddle. Ok play zone. Ok just play. Hill will school us in man or zone anyways so why not try to start testing Forbes in all schemes and figure out how best to use him. I predict he'll be relegated to be a zone guy ultimately but lets push the envelope and see if we can salvage that pick to the max. Help our future GM/DC evaluate out Forbes and Martin as much as possible - which outside of tanking our draft position is something to do to close out the year.

Its very tempting to go 73 but the fins may want to take it easy on Ron since he's so widely respected. Fin's Fiddy Howl 21.

Edited by RandyHolt

On 11/24/2023 at 9:32 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Few?  There’s 5 games left, an entire calendar month plus some.  The entire holiday season of L’s.

On the heels of two god awful losses already.

Winter is here.

Wait until Zach Wilson is running the score up on us and taking all of our moms out to a nice Italian dinner. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

On 11/24/2023 at 6:09 AM, zCommander said:

Hey at least we are #1 in passing...but last and lost on the defense 😔

We are #1 in total yards passing BECAUSE we are dead last in defense. There's a causal relation right there.

Howell's Yards/Attempt are middle-of-the pack (6.9), very far from Brock Purdy's impressive 9.4 average.

If the NFL has taught me anything in the lat 40 years is that QBs with lots of yards rarely win anything in this league. You need balance. We don't have it.

The Capital of Latin America: 70

The Capital of the USA: 21 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Even with the mini-bye, I am not confident that the new secondary coach for Washington will have had enough time to fix the communication problems of Washington's corners and safeties and LB'ers.  Consequently, the Miami receiving corps will be open a lot, and considering one of them is Tyreek Hill, I suspect Washington gives up too many explosive plays (assuming Tagavailoa is accurate enough today to hit his open receivers in stride.)

Miami's running game complements their passing game well, and if Washington can't stack the box, I see a lot of Miami runs to keep the chains moving, or even a few yielding some explosive plays.  I'm curious if Forbes will have to try to stop some of those runs.  😳

Washington's offense should have a better showing on a December 3, since Miami is missing one of their key pass-rushing edges, but I suspect Howell is still going to be pressured enough to serve up 2 INTs.  Washington's run game is still uneven, so while Miami's run-D isn't invulnerable, it remains to be seen if Washington's RBs can take much advantage of that especially with mediocre run-blocking by their O-line teammates. Still Washington will move the ball today, better than it did against Dallas and Buffalo.

Sorry....

Miami 34

Washington 20

Edited by Wyvern

More of the same…

Sam sacked six times

10 penalties 

9 running plays at 2.5 per carry

Terry gets five targets

Dyami and Dotson drops

Time out mismanagement 

3 40+ TD passes allowed