Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington vs. Cowboys Week 12 Prediction Thread

Spearfeather

I won't watch the game since I'm going to be attending a Thanksgiving dinner with family who could care less about football, but even if I did have the opportunity to watch, I wouldn't.  This is going to be a massacre of epic proportions.  Dallas is going to beat us like we stole something.  I see no scenario where we keep it within 2TD's.  I just hope it doesn't end up being a score similar to 2 years ago in Dallas where Allen & Payne fought on national television on Sunday Night Football when the eventual score ended up being 56-14.  Howell gets sacked at least 6 times, and Dak throws for at least 400 Yards and 4-5TD's.  CeeDee Lamb will have over 200 yards receiving, and Brandin Cooks will have over 100 Yards receiving.  We will score a couple of times in the 4th Quarter, when the Dallas backups are in the game to avoid going scoreless.  Dallas will do what it does best the last few years, beat up on a terrible team at home.  This team right now is the very definition of a terrible team:

Commanders 14

Cowboys 48

Footnote, we will officially be on Ron watch after this game.  I expect to hear an announcement of Ron & JDR's firing either on Thursday night or Friday morning.  Ron & JDR will finally show how incompetent and clueless they are to a national audience who hasn't seen us play until this Thursday.  It will hammer home the fact that Ron & clueless Jack are amateurs who don't deserve to coach pee-wee football, much less an NFL team to the 40+ million people tuning in to watch this trainwreck of a team.  I'm ecstatic about Ron finally getting what's coming to him after Thursday.  The sun will shine a bit brighter on Friday morning once he is finally fired.  To hell with Ron Rivera and Jack Del Rio.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1

A Prime Time Embarrassment may be exactly what Harris needs to have happen to be pushed to start doing the inevitable.  Teams with winning records are firing assistants.

hurry-up-xmas.gif.78aa1960012f217d539b7eb0e78035a6.gif

That all said I can't help but shake the notion JDR starts auditioning for his new job and makes this game far more competitive that it will be with his preferred scheme.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

My best case scenario is we lose an entertaining shootout something like 41-38.

Doubt we score that many but a close game would be nice. I don't follow Washington like I did.  Life changes for myself.  There are other things that are more important to me but I still have a special place in my heart for this team and have since I was 8 years old and remember following them in 1972.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

19 hours ago, MartinC said:

Cowboys lead the league in game won by at least 20 points. I think its 5.

That's a good stat to hear, thanks, I wonder what price that will be tomorrow. Mind you if I back that we will probably win. I took us minus 16 last week!

Edited by UK Skins

My Hope -In a season that isnt going anywhere and where we can look back and say "IF we only beat the worst 2 teams in the league, we are in playoff positions" the one shinning moment would be the shocking upset of the Cowboys on a national Televised game.  Think 2014 Monday night against Cowboys.  One of only 4 wins for us and one of only 4 losses for Cowboys.

My Realistic thought?  Would be shocked if Cowboys don't drop 50 on us.  Cowboys 52 -Commanders 24, with 14 of those coming in last 8 mins.  

Other Predictions

At least 4 passes of over 25 are completed by the cowboys with no defender within 5 yards "And ANOTHER Blown Coverage"

One of their Receivers will have beaten our guy on a deep route, the ball will hit his hands and drop it as our defender does nothing to alter the play, but then gets up and celebrates as if he made a great play.

Cowboys will convert at least one 3rd and 20+

My Step dad will tell me the team should move to Albuquerque

My Sister will say "Don't they always lose to the cowboys every year on Thanksgiving?"

My Brother in law, will watch 1 qtr of the team since 2020 and say "They still need a QB"

My Brother in laws mom (I don't know what that is) will tell me a story where she once meet and had dinner with a Washington QB, but after a few mins of others asking details about who, it will turn out to be a soccer player from Canada who played 1 year in college and whose name was Washington.  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

One thing I will say though is that when we expect to get blown out, we typically keep it close(see both Philly games).

That is a good reminder. Maybe a blowout does not happen.  I think the Eagles are an all-around better team than the Cowboys.  If we stay within a TD going into the fourth, who knows.  

The Commanders will shock the world (and the gamblers) and only lose by 4, in an excruciating game where they have a chance to win but don't because Ron burned all his timeouts in the third quarter.

I, however, will be eating dinner with my family, due to the inopportune late afternoon scheduling.

DAL 27

WAS 23

Edited by profusion

On 11/19/2023 at 9:55 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

I am going to start brining my turkey on Wednesday.  Then give it a good her. butter-under-the-skin slathering, and put it in the smoker around 5:00am stuffed with a lot of aromatics.  

I’m going to smoke it with Cherry Wood this year.  

By the time we sit to dinner, it will ne the most flavorful, juicy, tender turkey ever cooked.  

My prediction is I will eat too much. And that’s a stone cold mortal lock.  I win. 

By the time the game comes on at 4:30, I won’t care to see the Commanders lose 41 - 27. 

I will be happily stuffed with thanksgiving goodness.  

The first part of my prediction has come true already. 

My turkey is brining.  

Herb butter is prepared.  It will come out of the brine and get buttered tonight.  

Smoker is all set up so I can get the bird going by 5:00am.  Then back to bed.

image.gif.d53ab31487597f999d393fca668f3b4d.gif

Dallas loves executing corner blitzes, and I think Howell will be sacked at least 3 times from corners alone. 

Rivera will leave permanent footprints in the sidelines since he will be statuesque.

Del Taco will be fantasizing about being a Cowboy player all game and smile when Dallas defense makes a big play.

An 'unknown' Commander player will go over and pee inside the MVP turkey, knowing they will not be getting any of it.

Post-game 1 or 2 players will become verbally pissed off and say something negative about coaching.

And I will be in continual head-shaking at how embarrassing the o-line is.