Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders vs. The Giants - A Giant Opportunity!

zCommander

Just now, KDawg said:

I know this is a passion for all of us, or we wouldn’t be here. But why is anyone so upset about this? 

Was it because you wanted/expected us to be able to beat up on the Giants? If so… what would ever give you the idea a dominating effort against them was EVER in the cards?

I get it. This team isn’t very good. And it’s frustrating. But you surely knew that, right? It’s just not worth being so upset about.

We match up well against the eagles. Not so much against the giants - but on a third string qb and oline of 5th stringers they should be competitive  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

We were awesome in 2012....before bad coaching decisions ended someone's career prematurely 

We were 10-6 in 2012. Good, but hardly “awesome.”

Sean McVay( SB winning coach) Kyle Shannahan(HC of a perennial contender in San Francisco) and Mike McDaniels( HC and architect of an explosive Dolphins team).

All individuals were members of the coaching staff following that 2012 season. And netted…. Nothing.

Incredible 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hdf561 said:

He has allowed this to continue…should have fired Rivera when he bought the team, but absolutely should have fired him weeks ago, after constant mismanagement. As an owner what else do you need to see? 

I agree Rivera  needs to go.  But the sale of the team was done so late in the year I don’t think Josh had any choice but to retain him. 

that said- I’m really happy about this game.  Gives me hope Rivera will be shown the door sooner rather than later.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well, all the media idiots keep saying “run the ball run the ball run the ball.”  

He did today.  So far, 27 run, 28 pass. 

I find that offensive and deplorable.  

The throw the ball like mad drill didn’t work against NY last time so Bieiniemy is mixing it up today. Both game plans sucked. Martindale has had Bieniemy for breakfast, lunch and dinner 

We know what happens on thanksgiving too now after a pathetic showing vs a awful Giants team

The offense will look like the greatest show on turf vs a way better Dallas team only to lose on a go ahead Dak rushing TD in the waning moments. 

Edited by Blanka

Just now, tomwvr said:

We match up well against the eagles. Not so much against the giants - but on a third string qb and oline of 5th stringers they should be competitive  

Nah. On paper? Sure. I agree. But there is such a thing as an aura in regards to a team. The Giants have an aura right now against us. Until we dissipate that aura, you can’t EVER look at the Giants as a “should win” game. 

People scoff at the aura thing. And it literally cannot be scientifically proven that I know of. However, I’ve experienced it. And it’s hard to get rid of it. 

The Giants just give us fits. Much like we give the Eagles fits. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

This is what I silently hoped would happen minus Howell having a poor game.  We actually have a decent shot at a top 5 pick if we ride this out and I'm for keeping the staff in place to ensure that happens.

🤣 ummm, we're riding this out unfortunately.