Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Geno Way! We got Hawked.

KDawg

Offense

Howell is our guy. I don't know. I don't really know how much further to expand on this. He makes mistakes but he has a short memory and ice in his veins. That drive tie the game was a thing of beauty. We don't need a QB, folks. We have one.

Our receivers have been disappointing this year. 

Brian Robinson and Gibson were excellent as receivers today. We need to run more.

That is a Catch-22, however, as our OL isn't very good at run blocking or protecting for long enough to take deep shots. 

The OL is our code red spot. Has to be corrected. Once that happens, and some more consistent coaching the sky is the limit. 

Defense

St Juste was great, then he whiffed a tackle, then he was great... and then he handed Seattle the game with two back breaking penalties. The PI was tick tack because the ball was so poorly thrown, but he absolutely impeded the receiver's path. 

The DEs are doing just about the same as Sweat and Young. Got there, pressured and just couldn't finish.

Allen showed up today. 

Payne almost had a pick.

Our linebackers aren't very good in coverage. 

Danny Johnson falling hurt us. Sometimes that happens, but that was a really bad time to have that happen. 

Specs

Cheeseman is still struggling... and that missed PAT almost bit us. 

Other

Our clock management needs improvement. 

Studs and Duds:

***- Sam Howell

*** - Brian Robinson

** - Antonio Gibson

:( :( - Ben St Juste

:( :( - Danny Johnson

:( :( - Cam Cheeseman

:( - Joey Slye

Season Studs/Duds

12x* - Sam Howell

11x* - Kam Curl

11x* - Terry McLaurin

9x* - Brian Robinson

5x* - Daron Payne

5x*- Montez Sweat

5x* - Jamison Crowder

4x* - Curtis Samuel

3x* - Chase Young

3x* - Casey Toohill

3x* - Jahan Dotson

3x* - Tyler Larsen

3x* - Antonio Gibson

2x* - Joey Slye

2x* - Logan Thomas

2x* - Kendall Fuller

2x* - Jon Allen

1x* - Byron Pringle

1x* - KJ Henry

1x* - Quan Martin

1x* - Ben St Juste

1x* - Darrick Forrest

1x* - Logan Thomas

1x* - Jamin Davis

1x :( - Percy Butler

1x :( - Emmanuel Forbes

2x :( - Danny Johnson

3x :( - Cody Barton

3x :( - Nick Gates

4x :( - Saadhiq Charles

6x :( - Cheeseman 

11x :( - Andrew Wylie

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 4

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Cause you don't cut long snappers. He'll be okay.

There's just so few that are consistent. Think of how many snappers in college, and while many are disqualified because of size, it's crazy that there aren't more to choose from.

Between Danny falling and Percy not being able to cap another play that turns into a long TD....was such a brutal moment in the game (and where I am at in the recording currently).

This team is so fortunate to have Howell. The future would be looking real rough without him. 

Still not seeing what I want from Terry and Jahan so far, but more game to be played.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Outside of Howell, nobody on this team is untouchable.

Some contracts are moveable and some aren't, some players you want to keep around more than others, but there is a straight up deficit of talent on this roster at every position other than QB and DT.

Yet, they played Seattle tight on the road and took Philly to overtime. I don’t get it.

• Like 2

I'm uncertain if */:( is ever up for debate or review, but the New York replay shows that Tress deserves at least 2 stars. Catching every punt snap that was over his head and the FG rolling snaps deserve second looks. Plus, he nailed every punt like an All Pro should. He shouldn't be penalized for being consistently good

Edited by bowhunter
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

Yet, they played Seattle tight on the road and took Philly to overtime. I don’t get it.

Seattle is not a good team and Philly they match up well against.

They have enough talent to stay competitive but not enough to win 10+ games. And no position group stands out as particularly good much less great. 

• Like 1

Multiple games this year have been coaching losses

If I thought anyone on the staff was capable I’d say fire Ron now cause we still have a chance

The lack of situational awareness inside 4 minutes down 7 in the 4th with the ball was just shockingly bad. From not using timeouts correctly to walking around using up the play clock… just awful. 

23 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

You can't cut a guy who can't do literally the only thing he's paid to do?

Okay, no arguing with that. 

We got a receiver that can’t catch too

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

From a possible 7th seed to season over. We'll probably win 2 more and end up 6-11. I got us winning next week against the Giants since they do OK after a loss and it's at home and we owe NY one. The other is against the Rams since Wentz will be the QB. 

Edited by BleedBNG

Just now, BleedBNG said:

From 7th seed to season over. We'll probably win 2 more and end up 6-11. I got us winning next week against the Giants since they do OK after a loss and it's at home and we owe NY one. The other is against the Rams since Wentz will be the QB. 

Our defense will be Wentz's get right game 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

I hope we win 0 more

Makes it easier to totally clean house 

Better draft pick

lets do it, let Howell practice and try not to get anyone hurt 

Worst thing this team can do is somehow get to 8 wins 😂 

Howell is good enough for us to beat bad teams. Well beat the Giants Jets and Rams. Possibly Cowboys in the finale if they rest guys.

• Like 2

@My main takeaway from this game is Howell is the man going forward and everything is either helping him or in the way, no middle ground there.

How many times we gotta say our 23 year old QB put us in a position to win but still didn't this year?

Now that he's gotten national notice and this is clearly not a fluke, don't just say he's the franchise QB, fn ACT LIKE IT!!!

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

Howell was good today. Stacking good games.

I'll ding him big for that fumble, its part of the reason we don't call runs for him. He refuses to protect himself and that leads to problems like injuries and dumb fumbles. I'm still not confident in expanding his running role as long as he keeps showing me he will keep doing that. Its not worth the extra exposure until he makes better choices.

Overall he was good tho. Made some good choices, threw stuff away and despite another bad showing from the Oline. I can't ask for much more than that.

Jamin had a couple impact plays.

Way is in MVP form

Gibby and Robinson were good.

Biggest negatives were ST J, Cheeseman and the coaches, who seem to be committed to drawing the same complaints from me week in and week out.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Howell is good enough for us to beat bad teams. Well beat the Giants Jets and Rams. Possibly Cowboys in the finale if they rest guys.

Yeah, Dallas will be in the playoffs and Jones and Co.always have them resting so I change my 2 more wins to 3. 

7-10