Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Geno Way! We got Hawked.

KDawg

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m telling you… I have this feeling we may be counting Ron’s demise too early. Losses like today make it more likely… but… we’ll see.

Oh no, he's gone after the season. No question. The good thing about Howell is that he'll help attract a decent HC to come here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Our clock management needs improvement. 

image.gif.f33219d1a450f129bda6eb3491f6fae0.gif

11 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

With the exception of the Giants game, every other game on the schedule is losable.  This team may win 2 more games max. 

We already lost to 2 teams (the giants being one of them) which should not have been loseable.  

Im hoping we lose next week to just seal the deal on the season.  But similarly, I want a good offensive day and a bad defensive day.  And a close loss.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I didn’t think we would be good before the season. *shrug*

I did, but the season played out exactly the opposite of what I thought it would.  I thought the defense would be the same and the offense would take some time to devel, but would be better than the Hallock/Turner situation.

Well the defense has regressed to absolutely awful and the offense is father ahead than I thought it would be.

And because the defense is absolutely abysmal, we suck as a team.  

Ron has to go. I was front row behind the bench and he never talked to a single player or coach the whole game. Just absurd. He passed Howell without acknowledging him.

i gave every last ounce of energy I had cheering for the team. Just a ridiculous level of noise. The Seahawks fans were impressed with the dedication. The decibel I reached was just next level.  I’m not saying it so get credit just saying it to illustrate how much the fan base loves this team. Ron has to go. He’s useless. 

IMG_8223.thumb.jpeg.c44d2889838450b1fc78c7e76d2bfda3.jpegIMG_8284.thumb.jpeg.0d3d6408b95ab10e1273d94fbf9a3d1d.jpeg

IMG_8229.jpeg

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 7

24 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Three consecutive 300+ yard games for Sam.

in that stretch he’s thrown 8 TDs and 2 INTs.

Yards per attempt

Seahawks - 7.1

Patriots - 7.2

Eagles II - 7.6

Sacks

Seahawks - 3

Patriots - 3

Eagles II - 1

Youd like the sack numbers to be a little lower.  

But the yards per attempt is good.

2 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Why, actually, is Cheesman still on this team?

We’ll cut him after he costs us a game.  

Ron said so. 

• Haha 5

Has there been a more disappointing unit in recent years than this years WR group? They consistently drop passes and struggle to beat man coverage. We haven't had a single WR break 100 yards in a game yet this year. Its a massive need for us. I'd argue its actually our biggest need on offense(maybe tied with TE, I do think Logan Thomas is solid but he's aging and getting expensive). I know people will scream OL, but I think one of the reasons Howell holds the ball too long is because the WRs don't get open donwfield often enough. 

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Has there been a more disappointing unit in recent years than this years WR group? They consistently drop passes and struggle to beat man coverage. We haven't had a single WR break 100 yards in a game yet this year. Its a massive need for us. I'd argue its actually our biggest need on offense(maybe tied with TE, I do think Logan Thomas is solid but he's aging and getting expensive). I know people will scream OL, but I think one of the reasons Howell holds the ball too long is because the WRs don't get open donwfield often enough. 

The drops are worrying.

But the reason we don't have a 100-yard receiving day by a receiver is because of the design of the offense.

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

The drops are worrying.

But the reason we don't have a 100-yard receiving day by a receiver is because of the design of the offense.

Well that's pretty terrible design. You build your offense around getting your best players the ball often. That's how you maximize your chances.

John Bates shouldn't be getting more looks than Jahan Dotson. That's just crazy.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Howell looks to be improving, learning from mistakes, but he still has that thing for creating questionable plays, like trying to act like Mark Bavaro and running through LBers.

He's only played a handful of games so we'll have to see if he suffers a sophomore slump next season { I hope not }, and he does throw a couple passes into triple coverage that makes me nervous, but again its a learning curve.

But the defense, or lack thereof, is a coaching problem. He cannot, CANNOT, be with this team next season, or we can write it off too. Too many fundamental things thats not being taught to these players, the nuances and situational plays where a player recognizes whats coming or who's coming. Its the very reason why he never exceled with the other teams he was with, and we all know why he's here, and that person has to go as well.

TBH I wouldn't risk the better players on this team, they're not going to make the playoffs, and with this team's luck some of these players could end up injured long term. At least rotate the 2nd string guys in some, but it won't happen; Tugboat Ron will keep the status quo and it will come back to bite him, the team, and the fans.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

My observations:

• WRs still  aren’t doing enough. They should not be handled by rookies so easily. Before they could only catch perfect passes, now they can’t catch those.
  • We should run the ball more but not sure if it would do anything other than wasting a down. I do like the I formation look though.
  • The screen game hasn’t been all that outside of Robinson’s touchdown a few weeks ago. 
  • St Juste is competitive but dayum. 
  • I need to see Payne or Allen on the stat sheet. 
  • Forbes ejection was BS. 
Edited by Leonard Washington

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Beginning of season DL.

The DL at least showed some flashes of dominance. I mean they did turn around the Arizona game. 

The WRs have been a collective disappointment from day one outside of a few nice catches but even those have been countered by some disastrous drops.

22 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Well that's pretty terrible design. You build your offense around getting your best players the ball often. That's how you maximize your chances.

John Bates shouldn't be getting more looks than Jahan Dotson. That's just crazy.

Agree.  However the design of the WCO is entirely driven by coverage and reads.  

If Terry is the first read and he doesn’t win immediately, then it’s on to #2, etc.

For the ball to find the receiver, the receiver has to win.

To your point, and especially today, our top 2 WRs didn’t win nearly enough.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Agree.  However the design of the WCO is entirely driven by coverage and reads.  

If Terry is the first read and he doesn’t win immediately, then it’s on to #2, etc.

For the ball to find the receiver, the receiver has to win.

To your point, and especially today, our top 2 WRs didn’t win nearly enough.

I think the scheme needs to be altered to ensure we get our best guys the best matchups more often.

If Terry isn't able to shake off Witherspoon, then figure out a way to get him on someone else.

And if they're playing straight up man coverage, then scheme up something that can beat man. Man coverage gets roasted in today's NFL.

2 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

From a possible 7th seed to season over. We'll probably win 2 more and end up 6-11. I got us winning next week against the Giants since they do OK after a loss and it's at home and we owe NY one. The other is against the Rams since Wentz will be the QB. 

Carson Wentz is back in the league?  We're gonna get smoked.  That's just so "Commanders football".  Ok, well, we lose 38-36 on a bad snap on a last-second FG to win.

2 hours ago, petey hodge said:

Howell holds balls longer than a Proctologist....

That's an interesting comparison....

22 minutes ago, Dark Acre said:

Carson Wentz is back in the league?  We're gonna get smoked.  That's just so "Commanders football".  Ok, well, we lose 38-36 on a bad snap on a last-second FG to win.

That's an interesting comparison....

Yeah, he's backup for Stafford for now. Could be playing this week if Stafford's thumb is still acting up.

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I’m telling you… I have this feeling we may be counting Ron’s demise too early. Losses like today make it more likely… but… we’ll see.

I get that you aren’t gonna be talked out of this because the whole point is that it’s a fear you can’t shake—but one more thing I’ll throw into the ring is that the local media is in open rebellion and criticism mode against Rivera. They’re openly talking so much (deserved) **** that they never would have in the past—or at least, in the past they would have couched things much more gently or with conditional statements. Even Keim is getting openly aggravated and catty. I have to think the things they’re hearing aren’t good. 

• Like 2

There is absolutely no way Rivera sticks around if we don't make the playoffs.

If we make it, and look good in them(either win or lose a hard fought opening round where Howell just barely gets outdueled by a Goff or Hurts or something)then MAYBE he sticks around. But even that looks unlikely at the moment.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1