Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Geno Way! We got Hawked.

KDawg

8 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

Howell holds balls longer than a Proctologist....

I have noticed you’ve been very negative lately. Granted this team stinks but they weren’t ever going to be good this year. So I’m not sure where the anger comes in.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I have noticed you’ve been very negative lately. Granted this team stinks but they weren’t ever going to be good this year. So I’m not sure where the anger comes in.

It's easy to look back and say they were never going to be good this year but the reality is with a weak NFC we could easily be in a playoff spot right now and arguably *should* be. I don't think anybody expected the D to be this trash.

The negativity around Howell is crazy, though. He's the real deal. Going to be the starter for the next 10 years if he stays healthy IMO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Another disappointing loss. Overall, a pretty hard fought game on both sides. I was entertained. 

I am enjoying the emergence of Sam Howell. That last drive was awesome. 

Disappointed in the defense. Again. That side of the ball has been an absolute disaster.

I’m higher on Bienemy than most here. I’d like to see us be a little more balanced and everyone can nitpick play calls here or there. But I don’t understand the outright hatred of the guy as a coach by many here. That feels overdone. 

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 3

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

It's easy to look back and say they were never going to be good this year but the reality is with a weak NFC we could easily be in a playoff spot right now and arguably *should* be. I don't think anybody expected the D to be this trash.

The negativity around Howell is crazy, though. He's the real deal. Going to be the starter for the next 10 years if he stays healthy IMO.

I didn’t think we would be good before the season. *shrug*

• Thumb up 1

I would argue that the missed XP did hurt us because it bailed out Seattle from having to convert a two point to tie or be in a position to go up 7.  Usually these early points are a bit of revisionist history because you don't know how it effects the rest of the game, but here I don't think Seattle's game flow would have changed.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

Outside of Howell, nobody on this team is untouchable.

Some contracts are moveable and some aren't, some players you want to keep around more than others, but there is a straight up deficit of talent on this roster at every position other than QB and DT.

I don't buy this.  

1. Curtis Samuels' deal will be swapped for an OL
  2. Get a playmaker on O or D* in the 1st Rnd
  3. Draft a legit Mike linebacker
  4. Draft a minimum of three OL.
  5. Figure out Forbes
  6. Keep Fuller and Curl at DB.
  7. Hope Quan is a starting FS
  8. Pray for a bounce back year from Terry and Jahan, and Allen and Payne.

*Witherspoon was incredible. So an impact player anywhere close to him on D would be excellent.

Edited by Silvernon

1 minute ago, Silvernon said:

I don't buy this.  

1. Curtis Samuels' deal will be swapped for an OL
  2. Get a playmaker on O or D* in the 1st Rnd
  3. Draft a legit Mike linebacker
  4. Draft a minimum of three OL.
  5. Figure out Forbes
  6. Keep Fuller and Curl at DB.
  7. Hope Quan is a starting FS
  8. Pray for a bounce back year from Terry and Jahan, and Allen and Payne.

I don't see how what you said conflicts with what I said.

• Like 2

Let’s lift the clouds a bit. 

This has been a very successful season. We got rid of Snyder and have new ownership. That in itself is a MASSIVE win. The new owner has to show what he’s all about still but you could pick someone at random of any street corner and have a better owner than Dan Snyder - this almost can’t help but be a huge step forwards.

We have found a franchise QB. On a rookie deal. For a 5th round pick. We can focus on building around him not using more and more picks and/or cap space chasing a QB.

We will likely end up with a pick in the low teens. Should be able to get an OT with that pick and start to address the glaring issue on offense.

Need a new GM, HC and coaching staff. Be interesting to see if a new HC retains EB, I’m starting to warm to that to help Sam’s continued development. A bit like Snyder a new DC and defensive staff can’t  help but be better. 

Lots to look forward to.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 4

31 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s cause his proctologist is holding his balls lol

• Haha 10

I just can't make sense of EBs play calling.  He refuses to run the damned ball and when he does it's out of the shotgun which is easy for defenses to read and stop. I mean **** guys he's damned near needing to be brought up on charges of attempting to get our QB murdered.

Our defensive coordinator has no clue how to call a game to stop anyone. I highly doubt his defensive scheme could stop a high school football team. He's that damned pathetic. 

Its time to bring in innovative and talented coaches who can invigorate  this team. This coaching staff has lost this team, and it shows week to week.

HTTR!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Sam’s a baller but my heart dropped when brown ran it in with 50 seconds left. I looked at my brother and said too much time. 

Sam has had several of these comebacks and the defense lets him down again. Dude deserves better. The fans deserve better. 

We would have 3-4 more wins right now if our defense was good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I don't see how what you said conflicts with what I said.

A WR contract for an OL is two changes on O, but I expect mostly the same starters. 

Leno - Wiley/'24 - Ricky/'24 - Cosmi - Wiley/FA

I don't think much will change tbh. 

They need players in the pipeline, but I expect much of the same for starters. 

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Let’s lift the clouds a bit. 

This has been a very successful season. We got rid of Snyder and have new ownership. That in itself is a MASSIVE win. The new owner has to show what he’s all about still but you could pick someone at random of any street corner and have a better owner than Dan Snyder - this almost can’t help but be a huge step forwards.

We have found a franchise QB. On a rookie deal. For a 5th round pick. We can focus on building around him not using more and more picks and/or cap space chasing a QB.

We will likely end up with a pick in the low teens. Should be able to get an OT with that pick and start to address the glaring issue on offense.

Need a new GM, HC and coaching staff. Be interesting to see if a new HC retains EB in starting to warm to that to help Sam’s continued development. A bit like Snyder a new DC and defensive staff can’t  help but be better. 

Lots to look forward to.

If EB stays at OC, wouldn’t the HC need to be Defensive coach or a guy who has been a HC before? For example, I couldn’t see someone like Ben Johnson coming here with EB as his OC. 

If you want EB as the OC, who do you want to bring in as HC?

Just now, Ball Security said:

If EB stays at OC, wouldn’t the HC need to be Defensive coach or a guy who has been a HC before? For example, I couldn’t see someone like Ben Johnson coming here with EB as his OC. 

If you want EB as the OC, who do you want to bring in as HC?

Not saying I want EB as OC, just that I’m starting to think it might be a consideration. I’ve not really thought about who the HC and GM could be. 

You are right that if the HC is an offensive guy it would change the calculation on EB.

I don’t think EB should be the HC. 

• Like 1

Just now, MartinC said:

Not saying I want EB as OC, just that I’m starting to think it might be a consideration. I’ve not really thought about who the HC and GM could be. 

You are right that if the HC is an offensive guy it would change the calculation on EB.

I don’t think EB should be the HC. 

I’m telling you… I have this feeling we may be counting Ron’s demise too early. Losses like today make it more likely… but… we’ll see.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, @DCGoldPants said:

I think last week we had a top 10 pick. 8? Wouldn't be that shocked if we only won 2 more games. Then again, stealing another 2 wouldn't be shocking either. 

I’m thinking 6 or maybe 7 wins. Then again with this defense …

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m telling you… I have this feeling we may be counting Ron’s demise too early. Losses like today make it more likely… but… we’ll see.

I would be stunned if Ron is back. It’s not impossible of course but with a tough schedule after the Giants game it’s very hard for me to see him back.