Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

7 hours ago, redskinss said:

What does any of that have to do with us?

I kind of wondered if the posted got fooled by the "Washington" in the tweet, not realizing it was Washington state. I mean I guess it's otherwise news, but pretty irrelevant as this team already has an OC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

I had a dream last night that we made it to the Super Bowl. Dan Quinn is the one. I didn’t see who our QB was or the outcome of the Super Bowl was but damn it felt real and good. 

I should note I take a lot of prescriptions.

I had the same dream. 

"I didn’t see who our QB was..."

(whispering) Keep this too yourself, it was Jayden Daniels.

"...or the outcome of the Super Bowl..."

We beat Houston in overtime 41-34.

A game for the ages with the two best young qbs in the league duking it out until only one was left standing.

"I should note I take a lot of prescriptions."

I took acid in the 60s.

XXXXXXXX

P.S.

By the way, we beat Ben Johnson's Lions 52-7 in the NFC Championship game. Afterwards Ben retired from football and went to spend the rest of his life in a convent as a nun.

P.P.S.

(Yes, I meant a nun not a priest. You see during the game poor Ben realized that he had no balls.)

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 9
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

Please share, this stuff looks good

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I had the same dream.

You guys are addicted to the same ****, make it a virus and spread it !;)

• Haha 2

After a week's worth of exciting hires and seemingly daily good news about our team what does your "inside face" (the face the world never sees that reflects your true feelings) look like?

This accurately reflects mine right now:

P.S. Only thing I'd add is a solitary tear of joy in the corner of one eye.

• Like 7

No real complaints with the RB usage under Jordan other than our 1st down back was basically never used in the passing game before EB, assuming he had some say in the matter. It doesnt matter if a backs hands arent that great, you gotta feature them some to keep DCs guessing. Our WRs with great hands drop plenty of balls. Yeah I am still bitter Perine only ran FB dives under JayZ.

Thanks for the tip. I think i now know how to make sure its the Commanders that win tomorrow. Yep i'll be eating Liquefied Spicy Diced hot peppers about 20 minutes before kickoff.

image.gif.1aee3ed539fcb5e22966bc0b0091d50d.gif

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Thought he would stay. Hopefully, some of the names we have heard already (i.e., Popovich for OL and DL and now RB coaches etc. will get filled out sooner rather than later.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

I had a dream last night that we made it to the Super Bowl. Dan Quinn is the one. I didn’t see who our QB was or the outcome of the Super Bowl was but damn it felt real and good. 

TxYUqXgmE35lpAqIfrw5rhPypG8=.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Thought he would stay. Hopefully, some of the names we have heard already (i.e., Popovich for OL and DL and now RB coaches etc. will get filled out sooner rather than later.  

I suspect we may have wink and nod agreements with a few coaches that will be working tomorrow that can't be announced until later in the week.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Not exactly a national secret the team is going QB at #2 and possibly even going to #1. He gave nothing away. In fact he did not say they were taking a QB. He said they were in a good spot because there are three QBs there. People are jumping to the conclusion that means the team is gonig QB at #2. That could also mean they are fielding offers from other teams desperate for a QB. Not to mention tis the season of lying. 

Very good point. Maybe I feel like he could have just given a simpler, yet concise answer. It gave off the feel of he just wanted to say something to sound like he has some type of intimate details about what AP is gonna do and it rubbed me the wrong way tbh.

• Like 1

"And now for something completely different..." 

Monty Python 

IMO— after being absolutely dismantled and embarrassed and registering the worst playoff defeat in franchise history— this team has not made one positive decision.

Not one.

Status quo maintained? Check

Losing decent coaches? Check

Going “all in” by rehiring a DC that flamed out here already? Check

Players and their families saying stupid crap online? Check

Same players still feeling entitled to extensions and massive contracts? Check

This team is CLOAKED in failure from top to bottom. Their “solution” to their failure is to “run it back” because we are “hanging around the rim”.

Pathetic. I have loved and supported this team since the early 80’s— and I have NEVER been as close as I am to just walking away in disgust.

I have zero confidence in the leadership of the FO.

I have zero confidence and trust in the heart and will of these players.

I have zero faith in the abilities of the coaching staff to prepare and equip the roster for success.

I have zero hope that any of these things change anytime soon.

Sorry for the rant. Just pissed as we prepare to watch another SB featuring decent teams that are simply on another level compared to ours.

This offseason has already been brutal and I don’t see any light at the end of this long, dark, crap-infested tunnel.

Rant over

The preceding was posted at the Cowboyszone forum on a thread entitled: THE STENCH OF FAILURE

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/the-stench-of-failure.521950/

Well that tasty morsel certainly hit the spot!

You have to search far and wide for a more satisfying serving of schadenfreude than that.

My oh my how the times they are a changing...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 7

36 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Monty Python 

IMO— after being absolutely dismantled and embarrassed and registering the worst playoff defeat in franchise history— this team has not made one positive decision.

Not one.

This team is CLOAKED in failure from top to bottom. Their “solution” to their failure is to “run it back” because we are “hanging around the rim”.

Pathetic. I have loved and supported this team since the early 80’s— and I have NEVER been as close as I am to just walking away in disgust.

I have zero faith in the abilities of the coaching staff to prepare and equip the roster for success.

Sorry for the rant. Just pissed as we prepare to watch another SB featuring decent teams that are simply on another level compared to ours.

This offseason has already been brutal and I don’t see any light at the end of this long, dark, crap-infested tunnel.

Rant over

The preceding was posted at the Cowboyszone forum on a thread entitled: THE STENCH OF FAILURE

You have to search far and wide for a more satisfying serving of schadenfreude than that.

Not gonna lie. That put a smile on my face.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, HvyHTTR said:

Very good point. Maybe I feel like he could have just given a simpler, yet concise answer. It gave off the feel of he just wanted to say something to sound like he has some type of intimate details about what AP is gonna do and it rubbed me the wrong way tbh.

Just don't see Doug as being that kind of guy. But if it hit you wrong, fair enough. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

40 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Monty Python 

Not one.

Rant over

Cowboyzone looks straight out of 2003 with that message board.  They need to get with the times.

Edited by Rex Tomb
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Not exactly a national secret the team is going QB at #2 and possibly even going to #1.

According to NFL.com "Chicago would need a historic haul of draft picks and overall compensation to move off the first pick of the 2024 NFL Draft"

I seriously doubt Peters will go down that snyderesque road (for an immature diva, sorry couldn't help it ;)).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Meh.  I was kindof hoping he’s manage to stick around to work with a competent offensive mind (and I hope Kliff is that) which he hasn’t since 2017 when McVay left.  Since then it’s been “run same play on first down for No yards” Jay, “run same play on first down for No yards” from Norv Jr., and “Never run ever” from EB.

I’ve heard he’s a good coach from a variety of places. 

38 minutes ago, profusion said:

Not gonna lie. That put a smile on my face.

What makes me smile is …. He’s not wrong. 

25 minutes ago, FrFan said:

According to NFL.com "Chicago would need a historic haul of draft picks and overall compensation to move off the first pick of the 2024 NFL Draft"

I seriously doubt Peters will go down that snyderesque road (for an immature diva, sorry couldn't help it ;)).

Chicago is going to demand first round picks in at least 2025 and 2026 + probably 2 seconds to get to #1.  

It cost the Chargers a first, second and 2 good players to move up 1 spot from 3 to 2 in 1998. 

The cost is going to be higher now and it’s going to #1.  

I can’t imagine Peters doing that.

They’re going to pick Williams, trade Fields probably to Atlanta for a second, and smoke a cigar.

We’re going to pick either Maye or Daniels, (my guess is Maye) and smoke a cigar.

NE will select whoever is left or trade back so somebody else can select whoever is left. And smoke a cigar.

17 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I doubt Kingsbury wants to deal with another Kyler or Williams type. Maye and Daniels sound like a dream for him. 

I mean, he’s been working with Williams for a year.  He was essentially USC’s QB coach. And the reports are they have a really tight relationship….

43 minutes ago, FrFan said:

This may be true.... but this is also the message that Chicago would want out there if they were gonna move the pick.... so who knows 🤷

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

This may be true.... but this is also the message that Chicago would want out there if they were gonna move the pick.... so who knows 🤷

Which team would do that ? I guess none, Lynn, Ditka and Snyder are gone. :)

I understand Chicago would be willing to trade for a King's ransom, that means Williams is not seen as the "savior" and is "expendable". (They're rubbing the diva the wrong way here ;))

On the other hand Irsay once said : “Trust me, there was people that would have given an unprecedented amount of draft picks, all with the number ‘1’ behind them, for (Luck) and we wouldn’t even think of even drifting in that direction".

Edited by FrFan

40 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

Exactly, what would else would they say? 🙂

”The Chicago Bears would accept any reasonable offers. Please call now.”

Edited by Die Hard
  • Haha 5