Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

23 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Murrys problem where Murrys fault if I am to believe what I read. Didnt they let out that dude literally has zero ours of film study on his iPad? Literally zero (cause they monitor it). Thats just not going to work in the NFL. No matter who you are. 

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Murrys problem where Murrys fault if I am to believe what I read. Didnt they let out that dude literally has zero ours of film study on his iPad? Literally zero (cause they monitor it). Thats just not going to work in the NFL. No matter who you are. 

I don’t recall the zero hours on the iPad, believe that was Johnny Football.

That said, Lurch on the Junkies is connected to Trace McSorleys family.  Trace was a backup in AZ in 2022.  Lurch didn’t connect those dots publicly but I did.  He was going on this morning about how he heard Kyler was routinely late for meetings and just generally a terd.  Russell also alluded to there being a ton of negative stuff about Murray that hasn’t come out.  All of that jives with how he appeared on the field as well.  Just a big baby.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

40 minutes ago, Conn said:

I think white coaches failing upward is a worthy topic for someone educated on the issue to discuss. I don’t think Steven A. Smith is the guy to spearhead that discussion and I don’t think Kliff Kingsbury is an example. 

If his hiring in ARI was an example of anything it’s tunnel vision on young offensive minds and people who work with QB’s. The fact that those people tend to be white is a whole other thread in itself and another worthy topic for discussion. But not with Steven A. Smith on an ESPN hot take morning show or whatever. 

Curious as to who you DO think the conversation should begin with?  Not rhetorical… Most pundits are afraid to speak truth to controversial subjects in society, and it’s fact the NFL has a nepotistic hiring problem that excludes highly qualified candidates, minorities included, so much so the Rooney Rule was created.  Kingsbury is a ‘meh’ hire at best.  So is Quinn.

I applaud Steven A. for saying what needs to be said, no matter how uncomfortable it makes people, whether he technically right or wrong in this particular instance.  There are several coaches both black and white that deserved a shot over Kingsbury, so to question the validity of these types of hires is a conversation that needs to be had at the executive level of the NFL, every level of media both nationally and locally, and forums such as these especially when merit seems to be left at the door.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 3

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Now Stephen A. Smith is claiming the hiring of Kliff Kingsbury is racist!!??

As an African American hearing crap like this is embarrassing.

Artificially creating an issue, where none exists, just to be controversial and increase viewership is disgraceful behavior.

It actually makes it easier for the public to ignore, as just more empty talk, any situation where a real race related issue exists.

• Thanks 1

After watching the press conference, to me it really sounds like peters will be the one putting together the roster, and it seems as if Dan Quinn is happy about it. It really sounds like he just wants to coach and not over extend himself.

It really seems like we finally have the organizational structure we have been clamoring for for so, so long.

Here's to hoping peters eye for talent holds true and he gives the coach the best players he can, and coach Quinn puts together a great staff that can coach them up and put them in the best position to win.

I'm not sure any of the other candidates would be as willing to differ the talent evaluation and player personnel to the GM, and by the looks of it, that was a must because Harris got his guy when he signed peters. I think peters got his guy when he signed Quinn, from what I've read, ben johnson wanted to have control with player personnel, and that's not something Harris or peters wanted in their coach.

Edited by mac8887
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Why would Washington trade with Chicago knowing they are not going to draft Williams. No point. Sit back and watch it unfold. Williams already said he doesn't want to be there they are not drafting him. 

• Like 2

I still can't figure out why a coach would WANT to be GM too, considering how much time it takes away from actual coaching. It's good that Quinn seems fine about it...and of course the GM will involve him in the player selection process anyway...which all teams should be doing, unless you're the Cowboys. I heard on the radio that coach McCarthy and Dak Prescott weren't even aware that Jerruh had traded for Justin Fields until they saw him in the locker room one morning...another example of why the Cowboys will never win anything with Jerruh running the team.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

That was a long presser.

Quinn is a pretty good communicator. I think that element is necessary w/ our fanbase.

I liked the talk of marrying scheme w/ player ability. We don't want a repeat of last year where you mash square pegs into round holes simply due to the hubris of the guy in charge. You have to be able to be malleable in the NFL, and it seems like Quinn gets that.

Good presser. Hits the points you expect it to. Didn't dig themselves into any pits.

Kinda wish Quinn was calling the D but as long as we are installing his D I guess that is OK.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Curious as to who you DO think the conversation should begin with?  Not rhetorical… Most pundits are afraid to speak truth to controversial subjects in society, and it’s fact the NFL has a nepotistic hiring problem that excludes highly qualified candidates, minorities included, so much so the Rooney Rule was created.  Kingsbury is a ‘meh’ hire at best.  So is Quinn.

I applaud Steven A. for saying what needs to be said, no matter how uncomfortable it makes people, whether he technically right or wrong in this particular instance.  There are several coaches both black and white that deserved a shot over Kingsbury, so to question the validity of these types of hires is a conversation that needs to be had at the executive level of the NFL, every level of media both nationally and locally, and forums such as these especially when merit seems to be left at the door.

Doesn't the evidence suggest otherwise though?

Not saying overall that you don't have a point or that this doesn't happen but quinn has made two hires so far and to the best of my knowledge one has a history with him and would be considered a "nepotism" hire or favoritism based on friendship whatever you want to call it and the other doesn't seem to have any connections to him but the colors are reversed. 

• Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

another example of why the Cowboys will never win anything with Jerruh running the team.

Is it Jerruh or Jerrah? 

I always thought it was Jerrah.  

Gotta make sure we pay the man his dues and spell his name correctly. 

Asking the real questions here.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

It's frustrating how Samuel was underutilized this past season. I can't decide what's more disappointing – the limited use of Howell as a runner or the failure to involve Samuel more dynamically, whether in motion, in the backfield, or through direct snaps. There's so much potential to deploy him in various roles! Should’ve wore the dude out this year. 

46 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If the over/under on that list was 8.5, I’d take the under. 

If it was set at 5.5 I’d take the over. 

:P 

Curious about whether the truth lies in teams of higher or lower quality retaining more players over time.

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

That was a long presser.

Quinn is a pretty good communicator. I think that element is necessary w/ our fanbase.

I liked the talk of marrying scheme w/ player ability. We don't want a repeat of last year where you mash square pegs into round holes simply due to the hubris of the guy in charge. You have to be able to be malleable in the NFL, and it seems like Quinn gets that.

Good presser. Hits the points you expect it to. Didn't dig themselves into any pits.

Kinda wish Quinn was calling the D but as long as we are installing his D I guess that is OK.

I have to acknowledge that nerdy offensive coordinators transitioning to head coaches seem to gain an advantage by effectively leveraging their talent on game days. The traditional model appears to relinquish control, attempting to oversee everything.

Just call the plays! Whatever… onward! 

23 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

There are several coaches both black and white that deserved a shot over Kingsbury

Deserve has nothing to do with it. Coaches have relationships. Just like everyone else. If you are going to stake your career on someone you want it to be someone you know and trust. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FlyBigBeard said:

Why would Washington trade with Chicago knowing they are not going to draft Williams. No point. Sit back and watch it unfold. Williams already said he doesn't want to be there they are not drafting him. 

Caleb Williams is going 1. Weather that’s us, New England Chicago or Denver is to be determined 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

28 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Doesn't the evidence suggest otherwise though?

Not saying overall that you don't have a point or that this doesn't happen but quinn has made two hires so far and to the best of my knowledge one has a history with him and would be considered a "nepotism" hire or favoritism based on friendship whatever you want to call it and the other doesn't seem to have any connections to him but the colors are reversed. 

Amen!  Joe Whitt is a nepotism hire. Is he the best man for the job? Maybe, probably, since he’s one of Dan’ guys. But he is an unknown, being given a shot, I don’t care that he’s black.  So that’s a plus.  

Conversely, last I saw Kingsbury he was drowning in Arizona with a lost locker room running a bottom half of the league offense WITH Kyler Murray.  Where’s the thorough search for an innovative coordinator?  I’ve heard several names on this board like Kubiak out of San Fran or someone off the Shanahan tree.  So when the process doesn’t look thorough, but comfortable, it gives folks like Steven A. a reason to start “bloviating!” And it’s hard to argue. 

Edited by lovemaskins
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, lovemaskins said:

Amen!  Joe Whitt is a nepotism hire. Is he the best man for the job? Maybe, probably, since he’s one of Dan’ guys. But he is an unknown, being given a shot, I don’t care that he’s black.  So that’s a plus.  

Conversely, last I saw Kingsbury he was drowning in Arizona with a lost the locker room running a bottom half of the league offense WITH Kyler Murray.  Where’s the thorough search for an innovative coordinator.  I’ve heard several names on this board like Kubiak out of San Fran or someone of the Shanahan tree.  So when the process doesn’t look thorough, but comfortable, it gives folks like Steven A. a reason to start “bloviating!” And it’s hard to argue. 

You are wrong. Quite simply wrong.

• Like 4

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

Caleb Williams is going 1. Weather that’s us, New England Chicago or Denver is to be determined 

Fine by me haha ✌️ ... He doesn't seem like a New England guy even though Bill's not there anymore... Regardless, I just don't want to give up picks for anybody, when we can get the two other QBs 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Hearing Quinn talk about mid and late round players developing and hitting bc the coaching staff and GM are on the same page with a PLAN for the player and how to use their strengths…the clouds parted and the sun shone through on that one.

Seeing the obvious connection and camaraderie between Quinn and Peters was extremely reassuring. 

Seeing how obviously prepared they were to address certain potentially hot-button topics showed a level of professionalism I actually forgot about. 

I have no idea how it’s going to play out but I’m feeling more optimistic about this specific coach and GM marriage than I did. But it’s the structure and partnership that I really love to see. How the individual pieces fit and perform remain to be seen. But I see the vision from Harris. Who needs a nap after this process btw. 

Josh can sleep now. He hired the people to take care of things and he can enjoy the ride.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1