Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It matters when it comes to the national narrative on Washington’s new ownership group, and could hurt us down the line with coaches, FAs, etc. if people actually begin believing the whole “arrogant basketball guys” narrative.  We as fans know it’s all BS, but it’s easy to believe for people who don’t follow the team closely and only associate Washington with the stink we’ve had hovering over us for decades. 

Don’t get me wrong. At the end of the day, it would have a very minimal impact, if any. But every edge you can (or can’t) get matters in this league. 

I think if our new ownership and GM really cared they would come out and clear the air. The truth will come out at some point. But discussing it at nauseum is not going to change Johnsons mind. We didn't get him. We all need to move on. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, VRIEL1 said:

I think if our new ownership and GM really cared they would come out and clear the air. The truth will come out at some point. But discussing it at nauseum is not going to change Johnsons mind. We didn't get him. We all need to move on. 

In a world where NFL owners are people like Jerry Jones, Jim Irsay, and David Tepper. I don't think the "arrogant basketball guys" narrative is a problem at all. The only person who comes out looking bad from this (if it's even true) is Ben Johnson.

I'm treating all this reporting, apart from Keim and Schefter, with extreme skepticism.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

So…

This is in reply to Logan and not you, SIP…

But, uh, when Paulsen decided to Stan for our OL last season when everyone knew he was full of **** he went on my “don’t take serious” list. 

Now everything he says seems like he’s angling for a job. 

I officially do not care about his opinion on this. But I’m glad he had a good time with Quinn.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Ah yes. The Tampa Bay Bucs reporter has the inside scoop. I bet his agent is scrolling through every contact he has trying to spew BS to make BJ look better.

I am over the whole thing because Quinn is the coach and who cares at this point.

However, since you mentioned Ben’s agent, it’s interesting that he was an assistant coach here when Mike Shanahan was the HC. So he knows McVay, Kyle and all those guys. McDaniel in Miami is his client too. Funny thing is if he had stuck with coaching instead of becoming an agent, he might be a HC himself given how many others on that staff moved up. 

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

The more worrying part is we may go after Klingsbury! 

(I really don’t think we will).

If we do go after and hire him, I think it telegraphs we are going to swing hard at trading up to #1 for Williams… which in turn would probably significantly reduce our leverage with the Bears. 

I really doubt we go after him though. 

15 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Isn't Seattle still looking for a OC?? Don't we owe them one?? Maybe we can steal their OC candidate lol 🤣🤣

Hope he goes there but my concern is us drafting Celeb Caleb.  I don't want him (Kliffy) here as Caleb's babysitter.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So…

This is in reply to Logan and not you, SIP…

But, uh, when Paulsen decided to Stan for our OL last season when everyone knew he was full of **** he went on my “don’t take serious” list. 

Now everything he says seems like he’s angling for a job. 

I officially do not care about his opinion on this. But I’m glad he had a good time with Quinn.

Logan had the back of this regime.  Agree.  I mentioned it before.  I also agree that no one's opinion is gospel including Logan.

What got attention though was he slamming his own bosses -- Ron and Del Rio as to the X's and O's of the defense while he was still an employee of theirs and praising Quinn in contrast.  Also talked about how much he loved Quinn well before he was a candidate here.  So his take might be off but i do find it at a minimum genuine.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Great hire by the Dolphins. High character guy, coming from a great system. Dolphins should be a really strong team this year. I would have loved him for DC here (and for HC for that matter), but DQ’ will hire one of his guys from Dallas (which makes sense). 

Edited by Kalu44
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Can’t blame him 1 bit… Ravens hiring Zach Orr over Weaver was a bit of a slap in the face imho, and he probably took it that way too… Weaver has been a coach at some capacity on the defensive side and done well too… good for him, he will be a HC in 25’ 

also, Does Kliff know something on the DL that nobody else knows… hmm like Commanders drafting Caleb Williams somehow someway… 

Edited by Command The 414

27 minutes ago, profusion said:

In a world where NFL owners are people like Jerry Jones, Jim Irsay, and David Tepper. I don't think the "arrogant basketball guys" narrative is a problem at all. The only person who comes out looking bad from this (if it's even true) is Ben Johnson.

I'm treating all this reporting, apart from Keim and Schefter, with extreme skepticism.

Agreed.

The back and forth, "they're to blame, he's to blame" narrative between BJ (through his agent) and us is starting to remind me of the senseless vitriole spewed during my first divorce.

It cost me years of agita and thousands of dollars trying to be the winner before I decided to choose serenity and just let it all go. 

Things didn't work out.

That's life.

Always move forward not backward.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Command The 414 said:

Can’t blame him 1 bit… Ravens hiring Zach Orr over Weaver was a bit of a slap in the face imho, and he probably took it that way too… Weaver has been a coach at some capacity on the defensive side and done well too… good for him, he will be a HC in 25’ 

If he gets the HC in 26 or later, the Dolphins will get two 3rd round picks as well. Huge bonus on top of landing a rising coach. 

• Like 1