Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Russell I know who isn't loved by some here so for those few who care. :ols:

A.  He also heard this team was hot on Quinn from the start

B.  He knows someone from the Cowboys who told him that Quinn really wanted this job bad and is fired up to be the HC here and is eager to prove himself

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I want it to work, I really do. However, this is a massively bumbling start to the off season. As soon as the off season begins, our dysfunction is making national headlines again. I'm willing to call it an anomaly, an off shoot, whatever, it still doesn't make me feel good about their ability to do this correctly at this time.

You say this, but haven't explained this.

What did they bumble? Hiring a GM first instead of a head coach?

What exactly was the dysfunction that made national headlines?

I bet if Bezos had bought the team, he could have convinced Ben Johnson to sign here by offering to reboot whatever Ben's favorite cancelled TV series is. Harris should just sell the team. It's so over.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, BayouBrave86 said:

Ben Johnson for one. 

I heard this too. Johnson conspired all season long to get Harris and crew on a plane to fly halfway across the country so he could diss them. True story.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Well, his whole background in the league is scouting, so it makes sense he would be hands on with the draft.  

I believe Peters made things clear because "Dan Quinn's fingerprints are all over his first draft in Dallas".

15 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

The Houston Texans say hi. 

The Houston Texans got way more than 1 lottery ticket for that trade with Watson, and have a way higher baseline roster than Washington.  That trade alone netted them half their current offense including Stroud, Dell, Pierce plus like 3 more picks.  They also didn't make it past the divisional round

Edited by Reaper Skins

29 minutes ago, sinews said:

The vast chasm between the fanbase perception of Q and players/league personnel/media is fascinating. Like polar opposites almost. I'm just curious to see how that dynamic plays out. 

That to me is apparent.  And it was apparent to me weeks ago when I made the case I didn't want Quinn to be the guy.  I said even though that's how I feel I recognize I am at odds with the league.

Keim would say this over and over again, that Quinn was the most loved in the league among these coaching prospects -- yes over Ben Johnson.  And Schefter pretty much echoed the same point in a different way saying this team got a ton of unsolicited love-feedback about Quinn and more so than any of the other prospects

My reason for wanting Johnson and Mcdonald in particular over Quinn is I wanted a young guy, first-timer.  But I never saw Quinn as a disaster hire.  I didn't ignore all the info about how much love Quinn had around the league.  I recall haveing a longish exchange with @Voice_of_Reason about Quinn early on. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Oh my gosh our fanbase is so dumb. From one of the smartest to maybe the dumbest. We go from best off season ever with hiring Peters to him being a bum and bungling this. You all are something else. How about patience and letting this play out. The front office was there during the process, none of us were. We've heard for over a week, they've really liked Quinn after the first round of interviews. 

• Like 10
  • Thumb up 1

Not that long ago...........

Owner-   D. Snyder

GM-        Vinny Cerrato, Bruce Allen

HC.         Zorn, Shanahan, Gruden, Rivera + Interims

Now.

Owner-    Harris Group

GM-         Adam Peters

HC-          Dan Quinn

Id say were  100% good now ...so shut up😄

• Like 9
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Russell I know who isn't loved by some here so for those few who care. :ols:

A.  He also heard this team was hot on Quinn from the start

B.  He knows someone from the Cowboys who told him that Quinn really wanted this job bad and is fired up to be the HC here and is eager to prove himself

Good! Did the ultimate sacrifice too.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That to me is apparent.  And it was apparent to me weeks ago when I made the case I didn't want Quinn to be the guy.  I said even though that's how I feel I recognize I am at odds with the league.

Keim would say this over and over, Quinn was the most loved in the league among these coaching prospects -- yes over Ben Johnson.  And Schefter pretty much echoed the same point in a different way saying this team got a ton of unsolicited love-feedback about Quinn more so than any of the other prospects

My reason for wanting Johnson and Mcdonald in particular over Quinn is I wanted a young guy, first-timer.  But I never saw Quinn as a disaster hire.  I didn't ignore all the info about how much love Quinn had around the league.  I recall haveing a longish exchange with @Voice_of_Reason about Quinn early on. 

It's strange how the league, players, media (Keim nonstop), all love to talk up a guy...but then when it comes time to have him run a team, 31 of them have no interest.

• Thumb up 2

20 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I know we all built ourselves up into believing this was a great destination, but clearly the market said otherwise.

We still have a crap stadium filled with opposing fans, crap facilities and a crap roster.  Much of that won’t be fixed until at least the next coach gets hired.  

Beyond that, I think it says that these young guns don’t see a slam dunk QB prospect available either.

Wouldn’t this logic apply to the GM search? 

All the "leader of men" stuff was said about Rivera 4 years ago. If we were forced to settle, Vrabel would have been a better choice. Whomever we draft at QB will be labeled a bust, Quim will be fired after year 2, and then we finally get an offensive guy who rehabilitates Drake Maye or whomever.

Maybe this is part of Harris' plan to tank for the first two years so we can stock up on draft picks.

• Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, DCF said:

It's strange how the league, players, media (Keim nonstop), all love to talk up a guy...but then when it comes time to have him run a team, 31 of them have no interest.

If all 31 teams were hiring and they all passed over Quinn.  Bad look for Quinn.   

giphy.gif

• Haha 5