Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Quinn was not my first choice but this idea that's just more of the same as under dan is silly and an overreaction. Quinn is a qualified candidate. He went to a SB and if Kyle had not insisted on throwing with that huge lead the Patriots never come back. Well and Ryan has to make a better decisions. 

Admittedly feels like a slight step above Ron R. But he would not be the first to learn from his first run. Going into this with an open mind. And he gets to start with a #2 pick and lots of CAP space. 

He’s the head coach.  Simply order Kyle to run the ball three straight times and win the Super Bowl.  He failed as a head coach for that reason

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Heard a lot of good things about Kubiak.  His father of course learned under Mike.  And he's learning under Kyle.  

That'll be awesome when he goes to the Chargers in 4 years and takes them to the Super Bowl.

Definitely seems like we wanted johnson or Macdonald first, but I don't see this as a "scraping the bottom, we blew it" thing.  We made it clear we were doing an extensive search with lots of interviews.  It would have been wise to list a few guys knowing there's no "first overall pick" here.

The hate on Quinn is odd.  He seems to be a good coach. We're only comparing to Ron because we just had him and we're hating Quinn because he wore a star last year or didn't win a superbowl?  Good coaches coach for decades and don't win super bowls let alone get to them.  We can't predict the future off of Ron's history or even Quinns.  

I'm sure the players will dig it.  Get the right QB and everything will be fine.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

When did Logan Paulson and Coach Purple Nurple become beloved football minds... ? I missed that memo.

This is a placeholder until the real rebuild starts and this job becomes more attractive.

Logan Paulson had a 9-year career as an NFL tight end. He knows a little something about football and the league.  

I don't know who or what "Coach Purple Nurple" is.

• Like 1

Some people still seem to think that we had the pick of the litter in HC candidates and Harris/Peters simply dropped the ball. We didn't, and they didn't. 

Quinn is almost certainly the best they could do, especially in terms of someone with a track record and experience. That stuff matters for a brand new FO running their own show. Gonna let it play out and hope for the best. Still a lot needs to happen. 

• Like 4

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Hey if he develops Maye/Daniels for four years first, I'd be okay with that.

As long as he also develops a new coach to take over when he leaves. I want a progression of coaches so the offense doesnt change every few years and ruin another QB because he is learning yet another offensive system.

• Like 2

From the Pokes forum :

"So I guess we will be going to get Ron Rivera now? Looks like we might be trading our DC for their ex HC."
"We are done."
"Oh great. Adjusting our record 5-12"
"We need to sign Ron Rivera yesterday."
"He may not have been the biggest problem but he was definitely not a solution when it came to playing against quality teams. His defense was a routine embarrassment in big games .
Not true. He had a bad game againt Green Bay, but all of his other playoff games he was solid. The QB is the problem."

1 minute ago, CommandB11 said:

As long as he also develops a new coach to take over when he leaves. I want a progression of coaches so the offense doesnt change every few years and ruin another QB because he is learning yet another offensive system.

Yeah no doubt. Developing assistant coaches and continuity in systems is imperative to successful organizations.

It’s just hilarious and really sad that this team didn’t learn from having Kyle, McVay, McDaniel, Slowik, and LaFleur in the building. The blueprint is right there to be successful in the new age NFL and they go and hire a retread. It absolutely is uninspired. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 2

25 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

His defenses may to do well in the regular season,  but they got obliterated by GB in the playoffs.  Complete retread hire.  Would have much preferred Belichek.  

His defense didn’t give up any points in the playoffs.

We've all been hoping for a young offensive mastermind as our new HC, so I'm not going to talk myself or anyone else into loving this pick.

That said, there's something to the idea that the current situation in Washington might not be the best to land on the shoulders of a young first-time HC. Putting together a staff, running the day-to-day, teaching positions coaches, motivating and inspired the locker room. Those are things that Quinn has done before, and done well.

His overall trajectory in Atlanta doesn't inspire confidence, but I'm going to keep an open mind. That was a different situation, and not all under his control. I don't think you can even put the collapse against Green Bay a few weeks ago all on him. Dallas has been choking in the playoffs every time they've made it since their 1995 SB win. That didn't start with Quinn.

The focus now has to be on getting the best available OC and position coaches. They're going to shoulder a higher burden than would be the case under an offensive-minded HC.

Welcome to DC, Mr. Quinn. 

Edited by profusion
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Logan Paulson had a 9-year career as an NFL tight end. He knows a little something about football and the league.  

I don't know who or what "Coach Purple Nurple" is.

Jay Gruden.

Logan had a pretty pedestrian career. He was around the league on several teams in his tenure... sure... why the local media started to bring him in for his expertise is a bit odd.

16 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Logan Paulson going to be ecstatic. 

Logan’s going to be biased, but also have fantastic insight during Quinn’s tenure.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As far as Atlanta, Logan Paulsen said Quinn spent some time after his HC stint as to things he'd do differently the 2nd time around -- it was either Logan or someone else said this forgetting whom that Quinn regrets not staying hands on with the defense in Atlanta.

This is it for me—I'm hoping he sticks with calling the defense. When I cheer for my team, I want the head coach delivering consistent returns with what earned him the job in the first place. For the young offensive-minded head coach, it's all about calling the plays.

Call the plays! 

3 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

A defensive head coach in a league where offense is the most important it’s ever been with the game being so catered to offense is just mind numbing. This team spent the better part of the last 5 years trying to rebuild the defense thinking they would channel the magic of Alabama and it got us no where :Lol: This team can’t do anything right. 

Or flip it around—offense, well, that's the easy part; defense, now that's the real challenge. Having a sharp defensive mind can be a game-changer and give us a crucial edge.

Okay, so it's Dan Quinn...so let's go!

Hire the right OC.

Draft wisely, sign wisely in free agency.

And maybe, just maybe, get Micah Parsons in a Commanders uniform.  He'd be a lot closer to home!

Is Quinn the shiny new toy most of us wanted?  No.  But I am trusting Harris and Peters and others to make the right moves for this organization...so let's go!!!!!!

• Like 3

When a team goes on a coaching search the only thing you can hope for is that they get the right guy. The one they sincerely believe is the best for the job. What seems to have happened here is that the candidate they liked, brushed them off, and their slow process left them scrambling for scraps. Maybe Quinn works out great, but it’s clear to me that this process was handled poorly. The optics are bad and do not inspire confidence. 

Not a great start for the new ownership and front office. 

• Like 5

Just now, BayouBrave86 said:

It’s just hilarious and really sad that this team didn’t learn from having Kyle, McVay, McDaniel, Slowik, and LaFleur in the building. The blueprint is right there to be successful in the new age NFL and they go and hire a retread. It absolutely is uninspired. 

Those guys were all here under, hired by, a “retread” Mike Shanahan. If Quinn builds a similarly admirable coaching staff, we will greatly benefit from it. He’s much more likely to build an elite staff than some wet behind the years hot shot OC/DC is, so let’s see the staff he builds. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1