Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

23 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Josh McDaniels literally accepted the Indianapolis job. Was getting on a plane to go there and have a press conference and backed out. Didn’t cost him a thing. He got the Raiders job after that. 

I don’t think anything hangs on these guys. It’s a small pool and most know each other and the interviews tend to serve as a confirmation bias. He will simply say “I didn’t want a rookie GM having roster control of my players on offense. You however are a seasoned GM unlike that guy and I can trust your decision making. Plus I did not want to take any job I wanted the right one like this one” You're hired is the response. 

Not only that, but Indianapolis had officially hired some of his assistants already. They were stuck with them. If McDaniels can do that and still get another head coaching job, Johnson will be fine. Though, in McDaniels, case, he did have to take the Raiders job. Probably not a choice pick (Indianapolis still had Andrew Luck at the time and was a pretty decent job). So maybe Johnson might not get the "best" openings

• Like 1

I’ll support it, and hope that it leads to an elite staff being hired, but it sure seems like we settled after not being able to reel in our top choice(s). All that said, it’s likely a vast upgrade to Rivera, and I’m pretty sure he can put together a staff that can instantly rival that of any NFC East team (been many years since that was the case). 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Peters better hope Quinn is a leader of men.  At least this hire hurts the Cowgirls.  Not a fan of Quinn but will try to keep an open mind.

Do not want him to keep our offensive coordinator.  If he does then I will be extremely pissed off and will probably have to destroy my

television set.

breaking-tv-throwing-tv.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I can live with Dan Quinn, he gets to prove if he's mediocre by nature in a new situation. But if he brings back EB then all bets are off (don't think it will happen but people keep bringing him up). 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Winning solves all if you can pull it off no matter which Head Coach gets picked.   After Gibbs started out 0-5 and he turned things around Jack Kent Cooke was boasting of his brand new hire.

I understand what your getting at but I always thought Gibbs was the hot commodity like Johnson was supposed to be. His 0-5 start was surprising. They were putting up numbers as far as yardage but not scoring points. It all came together week 6 for him. 

• Thumb up 1