Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Given Quinn's extensive history with the Seahawks, why did they pass on him? It at least needs to make you wonder. I can't help but feel he would be a consolation prize. He has been floating out there for weeks, and nobody has wanted him. If he was such a great interviewer, you would have thought some team would have pulled the trigger by now. In the end, I will support whichever coach is chosen. I'd vote for Weaver at the moment, as I like his vibe. Wins-vs-losses will determine if we make the right decision. With a last place schedule (regardless of who is coaching or starting at QB), we need to win at least 9 games next season for it not to be a complete disaster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It's an underrated point in the mix.

Some argue its

A. These are the best coaches

B.  The FO is blowing it how they are playing it.

There could be a C in the mix

C.  Other rosters are more enticing.

Look I've heard enough to know they had some interest in MacDionald.  As i mentioned yesterday listening to Keim it felt like Quinn had the edge but MacDonald was definitely in the running.

Look at Seattle's practice facility compared to ours?  Seattle with maybe the best homefield advantage (helps a defense) and loudest crowd versus us having the worst.  Seattle with the better roster especially on defense.  It might not be that MacDonald finds Schneider more charming than Peters or Peters blew him off.  It could very well be that Seattle is the better situation.

Heck as to the Bezos crowd.  We talked about why Seattle actually might be the more attractive bet for him versus this team.  Same idea could work here.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Kalu44 said:

Given Quinn's extensive history with the Seahawks, why did they pass on him? It at least needs to make you wonder. I can't help but feel he would be a consolation prize. He has been floating out there for weeks, and nobody has wanted him. If he was such a great interviewer, you would have thought some team would have pulled the trigger by now. In the end, I will support whichever coach is chosen. I'd vote for Weaver at the moment, as I like his vibe. Wins-vs-losses will determine if we make the right decision. With a last place schedule (regardless of who is coaching or starting at QB), we need to win at least 9 games next season for it not to be a complete disaster.

I think they want a clean break from the Carroll era

Just now, lavar1156 said:

Vrabel seems like a meathead. Not the good kind like Dan Campbell. No one wants to ask why he was was fired in the first place.

Not true at all, he is a student of the game. He out coached Bill on a rule.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Oh god the nightmare scenario would be hiring Quinn, trading for Lance, and then drafting like a LT at #2 overall.

Wake me up please

If Quinn and Lance happened, we’d back out of #2 and be stacked with picks for 3 years. Not saying I want that. But we would 100% get out of #2.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's an underrated point in the mix.

Some argue its

A. These are the best coaches

B.  The FO is blowing it how they are playing it.

There could be a C in the mix

C.  Other rosters are more enticing.

Look I've heard enough to know they had some interest in MacDionald.  As i mentioned yesterday listening to Keim it felt like Quinn had the edge but MacDonald was definitely in the running.

Look at Seattle's practice facility compared to ours?  Seattle with maybe the best homefield advantage (helps a defense) and loudest crowd versus us having the worst.  Seattle with the better roster especially on defense.  It might not be that MacDonald finds Schneider more charming that Peters or Peters blew him off.  It could very well be that Seattle is the better situation.

Heck as to the Bezos crowd.  We talked about why Seattle actually might be the more attractive bet for him versus this team.  Same idea could work here.

Yes, our facility is starting to look more like War Memorial Stadium in Western NY. 

14 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

We dont know that for sure though. Could be he bombed his interviews and thought staying put was the smarter play. 

Sure. Let’s tell ourselves that.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Would it be crazy to just promote EB to HC for 1 year until the guy you really want becomes available? Hey, we might get a high draft pick again...

And they'd be an open warrant for Bienemy in north Carolina on multiple charges of attempted manslaughter. 

7 minutes ago, HeHateMe75 said:

Hire Dan Quinn as HC.  Retain EB as OC (yes I know....). 

EB has already shown his ability to do massive damage to one young QB.

99.9% chance we are bringing in another one.

The OC spot would be better off unmanned then letting EB trash another prospect.

No chance he stays.

• Thumb up 1

I guess I will end up the only one satisfied if Quinn is the hire? We have first rounders all over this defense. I would be happy to see what they can actually look like with a good coach for once. The offensive side would concern me. But our defense could be really fun to watch for once. 

• Like 3

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I guess I will end up the only one satisfied if Quinn is the hire? We have first rounders all over this defense. I would be happy to see what they can actually look like with a good coach for once. The offensive side would concern me. But our defense could be really fun to watch for once. 

I won’t be busted up about it.

• Like 2

Just now, FootballZombie said:

EB has already shown his ability to do massive damage to one young QB.

99.9% chance we are bringing in another one.

The OC spot would be better off unmanned then letting EB trash another prospect.

No chance he stays.

Who knows.  Who's left, that has promise at OC to interview?