Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, DWinzit said:

Is there any chance there could be a surprise candidate? Maybe an ex coach not currently affiliated with a team. I assume if no affiliation means there is no need to announce an interview request. 

I mean, I guess anything is possible

It's now Mike MacDonald or bust. Can't believe everyone staying put. Saying they're going to finish what they started , knowing damn well it's going to be that much harder to repeat that success. Especially for the Lions, it's hard to get to the NFC championship game. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

Is there any chance there could be a surprise candidate? Maybe an ex coach not currently affiliated with a team. I assume if no affiliation means there is no need to announce an interview request. 

A surprise as in a total new candidate that hasn’t been interviewed yet?  That would be a surprise and also a sign that they without a doubt assumed they were hiring BJ.  At this point there are what 5 possible coaches in that we’ve talked to?   I’d assume it will be one of those.  Quinn or possibly Macdonald have to be the favorites.   Need to get it done soon.  

• Thumb up 1

31 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Sources report Slowik said he wanted dogs on his team in his interview but Peters is looking for a leader of MEN. Disconnect.

Leader of men.... we may need a Herder of Cats

• Haha 10

Just now, Idaho fan said:

A surprise as in a total new candidate that hasn’t been interviewed yet?  That would be a surprise and also a sign that they without a doubt assumed they were hiring BJ.  At this point there are what 5 possible coaches in that we’ve talked to?   I’d assume it will be one of those.  Quinn or possibly Macdonald have to be the favorites.   Need to get it done soon.  

No I didn't mean someone not interviewed yet. I meant someone who was already interviewed that we do not know about. And this would have been not being set on BJ like so many media and posters just knew...

2 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

No I didn't mean someone not interviewed yet. I meant someone who was already interviewed that we do not know about. And this would have been not being set on BJ like so many media and posters just knew...

There have been coaches interviewed that we don’t know about?  

guess it’s possible but that would really be a stealthy surprise.  Seems like any interviews are usually known. 

Edited by Idaho fan

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

There have been coaches interviewed that we don’t know about?  

No. I asked if it was possible. I don't know if they must announce all interviews. I imagine it is a must when the coach is affiliated with a team

2 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ukechi6d0ofimnbujb

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

If Macdonald decides to stay in Baltimore this place might implode

I don’t think it’s that unlikely.

Schnieder and Peters are not giving up any control. His price tag could be pretty high.

Edited by OtisDriftwood25

The kids were home sick today so I just heard the Ben Johnson news a few minutes ago. This hurts. Bad. I may be home sick tomorrow.

I am simply not a fan of defensive minds at head coach. It means that if we end up with a bright OC then there’s a risk that they’d be snatched up and a new offensive system would need to be put in place. I believe the system change is much more detrimental for offense than defense.

that said, I’d be fine with the consolation prize of Macdonald. Quinn, or any retread for that matter, would be extremely disappointing.

• Like 3