Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I know it comes across like a spurned lover, and it’s partly that- because waiting on him likely put us behind the 8 ball. 

But I actually look at it from the perspective that we may have dodged a bullet.  Anyone complacent enough to continue being 2nd fiddle AGAIN, or if rumors are true wants an unprecedented amount of money to coach, those are red flags for me.

Ehhh, Carolina, if that's the gig he had a chance at, was a poisoned chalice, we all know that know, and this year Seattle and Washington weren't dream scenario's either, San Diego was. The positive with us, was we actually have a great owner now, a pile of picks, and loads of cap room. If you have the ambition to take on a long rebuild but have a key role in being the architect of it along with Peters, there you go. Maybe he didn't like that, knowing the risk of QB busts because if our QB selection busts, highly unlikely Johnson survives that. He may prefer a gig just stepping into a ready made team, like Philly, or Dallas next year perhaps, or maybe Buffalo or Indy etc. There are simpler jobs around with proven QB's, more assets, and an easier route to job security than taking of a team post rock bottom season like Carolina last year or Washington this year. I just don't get why he didnt tell us earlier. 

I think they need to bring Vrabel in for a conversation now. He is a motivator of the highest order. Not sure he would be willing to work under a GM. But they need to reach out at least. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I think they need to bring Vrabel in now. He is a motivator of the highest order. Not sure he would be willing to work under a GM. But they need to reach out at least. 

I do think it would be against the point of getting leader of men without interviewing him. 

• Like 1

By the way, everyone: there is a very plausible chance Ben Johnson becomes HC of the Cowboys, Eagles, or Giants next year so... it's time for us to become All-Pro level Haters.

**** Detroit! I'm going out TODAY and buying a Japanese car!

• Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I think they need to bring Vrabel in now. He is a motivator of the highest order. Not sure he would be willing to work under a GM. But they need to reach out at least. 

Don’t think they are interested.  They have had a long time to interview him but haven’t.

It will probably be one of the 5 guys they have interviewed already.

3 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Dont care who we hire now with a component structure in place, a good culture fosters a good coach.  We never had that here in 30 years. 

If there's any truth to Ben wanting some form of roster control, Peters just saved us from ourselves.

Folks were ready to give him whatever he wanted in here, some thinking money would be enough, nah, that's not what competent franchises do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If its Quinn, Logan will not be able to contain himself

This is good stuff, right here!  SIP, you never cease to amaze me, Brother.  Yes, I feel a lot better.  You are THE man!  Love ya, Brother and thanks for this.  I need to watch more videos.  Logan wouldn't jive us.  Still in for MacDonald but if it's Quinn many should feel a ton better after hearing this.  I watched the video that one of the ESers put up of Quinn too and culture was mentioned in the video as well.  He reminds me of Jon Gruden with his intensity on the sideline.  There are probably better examples.  Thanks, man!  :)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Listening to local sports radio right now is ****ing unbearable. 

You would think that we let ****ing BB and Tom Brady get away in their prime holy **** this is annoying.

Grant is insufferable sometimes.

Adam Peters and HOG are now failures.

• Like 1

I know this sounds like a lover scorned trying to convince himself the girl who doesn’t want him really ain’t 💩 anyways.

But, the last thing I want is a head coach that would do this.  No matter what it is: unprecedented demands, lack of confidence in himself as a leader of men, whatever.  None of it is what you want out of your head guy.

I’d have no ill-will for him had he not led us on for weeks.  But we are now in a bad place.  Every O coach minus Slowik has been hired, staffs have been filled out.  The pickings are slimmer, all because we waited for a wishy washy dude.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

This is good stuff, right here!  SIP, you never cease to amaze me, Brother.  Yes, I feel a lot better.  You are THE man!  Love ya, Brother and thanks for this.  I need to watch more videos.  Logan wouldn't jive us.  Still in for MacDonald but if it's Quinn many should feel a ton better after hearing this.  I watched the video that one of the ESers put up of Quinn too and culture was mentioned in the video as well.  He reminds me of Jon Gruden with his intensity on the sideline.  There are probably better examples.  Thanks, man!  :)  

I dont hate Quinn at all. He is a damn good coach. My issue is stability for a young QB. And more importantly the draft allocation a defensive head coach is going to want. We cannot keep dropping 1st and 2nd rounders into the defense while ignoring the other side of the ball. The league is an offensive league now. All of the rules have made it that.

• Like 3

Time to get creative deal-wise. If we hire a defensive HC, we should give our incoming OC a big fat signing bonus that he has to give back if he leaves within 3-5 years. Make clear he is making a 3-5 year commitment. Solve for the attrition problem that way! 

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Time to get creative deal-wise. If we hire a defensive HC, we should give our incoming OC a big fat signing bonus that he has to give back if he leaves within 3-5 years. Make clear he is making a 3-5 year commitment. Solve for the attrition problem that way! 

Even if you could get an OC worthy of that kind of deal to accept it, the amount of money teams are throwing at Head Coaches would render it moot when he was up for one of those jobs. 

• Like 1