Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The Commies should have at least said "Before you do that, at least meet with us."  Or even better "Hey, before you make any final decisions, let us know because we want to be able to meet with you to put our best offer on the table."  

Maybe they did those things and he still took the raise and stayed and didn't give the Commies the chance.  Who knows?

I don't want EB being the coach but we have to recognize that it's a stronger possibility now than it was 24 hours ago.  So, the sky might be falling a little bit.

What a disaster if they have to go Jim Zorn and hire a guy on staff cuz they couldn't get anybody else.

• Thanks 1

Honor above all else. Except unbridled capitalism. Not many of them left but not everyone chases money in this country.

It just seems to overlook a lot of problems to think having the #2 pick and cap room was enough to count chickens.

94af0e12-c6e7-4c61-9f33-090bf608032d_text.gif.05812d5edbc4bef3c2c975b0428ebbd9.gif

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

You don’t need a tie to someone to hire them.

If MacDonald was hired as HC, I’d think Weaver becomes DC in Baltimore.

I didn't say you need to tie it.  But sometimes a coordinator when becoming a HC brings their deputy from the previous team with a promotion.  Ala what Raheem Morris just did, etc.

I don't think its slam dunk from what I've read that Weaver becomes the DC in Baltimore.   Some say it would be Chris Hewitt.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Big time

Yeah, I support the Lions, having to wait since 1957 is pretty brutal? I've got only one team I follow with a longer misery index, and at least they've had reasonable bites at the apple and just choked/had bad luck (the Guardians). So I want good things for them, but why was it so hard to simply tell Seattle and Washington he had no interest and would not interview, let alone be considered for the job? He wasted our (and Seattle's) time, like three weeks of it? Seriously, wtf?!?! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I also know who the next coach will be, but alas I too am not privy to disclose at this time. 

Why even say this....makes no sense except, hey look at me.

Me too.  Give me two minutes!  

4 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I know that in six months, I won't even remember this.

But in the moment, this feels so much like something that would have happened under Snyder that I'm having flashbacks to Nam.

Which is weird because I was born in 1973.

Can you imagine if this was happening under Snyder?  This place would be absolutely unhinged.  

15 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Welp. It wasn't money. 

This morning in the office, they told Johnson, look, we’ll pay you X if you stay.  Johnson says ok.

A few days from now they complete the actual paperwork.  Simple.  

• Thumb up 2

I get the feeling Johnson canceling while Washington reps were in flight to see him could screw him over for future opportunities. There's also a possibility Detroit comes back down to earth next season, which -- again -- could screw him. He should have taken one of the gigs because this chance isn't guaranteed in the future.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We aren't going with EB as the HC. 0 chance. Zilch. None.

How would you know this? Do you have proof?

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

I bet if Johnson would read this thread today  he'd be sorry to know he's such an ass and that we're better off without him!

58d6e4aa9db30_potsmokin.jpg.6023cb9eb81b7f3f7568b36313b3b55c.jpg

Better off? Not if Redskins hire a terrible coach and he is not an ass, at least he is honest so you have to admire for his honesty

Edited by KWilliamsAWinfield
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

How would you know this? Do you have proof?

KW, we only gave him 1 interview.  That is all.  So odds don't look good for EB as HC.  :)  

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Can you imagine if this was happening under Snyder?  This place would be absolutely unhinged.  

Especially since it felt like a done deal two weeks ago, and we were just waiting for the Lions' season to end.

There would be all kinds of stories about how Snyder is stunned and not prepared and running to his plane with a bottle of crown royal in his hand and trying to hire Nick Saban to save face.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't think pairing a QB with a defensive is the death knell people think it is.

Josh Allen has Sean McDermott. CJ Stroud has Demeco Ryans. Lamar Jackson has John Harbaugh(a ST Coordinator but came up as a DB Coach).

Peyton and Eli both played their entire careers with defensive coaches(until Peyton played for Kubiak in his very last season and Eli played his last couple years for McAdoo). Roethlisberger only had a defensive HC. Ditto Brady(until Arians in his Tampa stint). Flacco had Harbaugh.

If you have an elite OC, okay, but I don't think going with DC's as head coaches is anything other than going after high floor results. It is damn hard to do it without an elite offensive mind in charge because literally everything about the league is tailored towards the interests of the offense and against the interests of the defense. Which is why when you get dunderhead dinosaurs like Ron and Del Rio, it isn't surprising that instead of fixing QB, they focus on the DL, LB, and DB's instead. Because of course they do. Not all are of course that thick headed, but I definitely think there's always a lean towards what you know. I mean, even the Patriots? Think about the Patriots. Tom Brady had to play for a nearly a decade before Billichek ever considered going after genuine top talents on offense like Randy Moss (who wasn't at the time, if he was, he wouldn't have pursued him, the fact that he was cheap got him to do it), Gronk and Hernandez, etc. By and large even Billichek perpetually went cheap on offense, both with Brady and after, and consistently did a terrible job of acquiring talent at the key playmaking positions (WR, and RB in particular, he usually found them good TE's and good OL). 

I'm just not interested in a DC, period, as a HC, we have to live with whatever they do, and most of the best coordinators available are DC's rather than OC's this cycle, but its not great. I was beyond excited that we managed to get new ownership, FO talent and a HC in such a great offseason to do it, but at this point we've swung and missed at our top coordinator, and didn't really go after the next best two options (Harbaugh and probably Morris). Major bummer. Just praying we still can get someone with upside. I'm skeptical. 

• Like 2