Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, RVAskins said:

I have to believe that we didn't put all our eggs in the Ben Johnson basket. Harris doesn't appear to work that way. I'm sure he has a list and a plan. We'll find out soon.

I am 100% sure we had backup plans for our backup plans.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RVAskins said:

I have to believe that we didn't put all our eggs in the Ben Johnson basket. Harris doesn't appear to work that way. I'm sure he has a list and a plan. We'll find out soon.

Of course we didn't. Look at how many guys we interviewed and some of them multiple times.

This isn't the Snyder operation.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

I am 100% sure we had backup plans for our backup plans.

I don't think Johnson was the Plan A that everyone thought it was.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

So stop gap gets to draft the QB?  That sounds like a **** show...

Peters gets to draft the QB. I think the lack of play callers in the coaching hiring cycle has been their undoing as it relates to this. However, maybe they aren't simply looking for a guy to pair up with a QB, but a leader of the team type to rebuild the program

• Like 1

Just now, RVAskins said:

Let's see how much Harris loves the Baltimore Ravens. 

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

Honestly, at this stage if we don't get Mcdonald, I'd hire Belichek.  Easily Belichek over Quinn.  If Belichek would agree to work under Peters, then he'd be the choice.

No.  I’d take retread Vrabel over Bellichek.

So, what was Johnson asking price?  Since he’s done this 2 years in a row; I think teams will have a wary eye when considering him for future openings.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If you listen to Johnson in press conferences, he doesn't come off as super intelligent and articulate while breaking things down the same way someone like Mike McDaniel's does, and he doesn't sound much like an alpha "leader of men". Obviously he's smart because his offense is humming, but I would not be the least bit surprised if he didn't kill it in the interviews compared to other candidates, and that with the idea he's a first time coach with a crazy high asking price turned off both teams. 

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't think Johnson was the Plan A that everyone thought it was.

Keim said he wasn't the runaway favorite that Peters was, so...

Still, I hope he realizes he still has to live in Detroit.

1 minute ago, Bantu said:

Peters gets to draft the QB. I think the lack of play callers in the coaching hiring cycle has been their undoing as it relates to this. However, maybe they aren't simply looking for a guy to pair up with a QB, but a leader of the team type to rebuild the program

I don't think pairing a QB with a defensive is the death knell people think it is.

Josh Allen has Sean McDermott. CJ Stroud has Demeco Ryans. Lamar Jackson has John Harbaugh(a ST Coordinator but came up as a DB Coach).

Peyton and Eli both played their entire careers with defensive coaches(until Peyton played for Kubiak in his very last season and Eli played his last couple years for McAdoo). Roethlisberger only had a defensive HC. Ditto Brady(until Arians in his Tampa stint). Flacco had Harbaugh.

I alluded to this in the post I made about seeing a candidate viewing the Seahawks as a better destination than the commanders.

I think we're, understandably, exaggerating our attractiveness to a cream of the crop candidate vs every other alternative and I had the chargers as a better place to go in mind too before they got theirs. But we should be attractive enough to not tail end of the line.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

7fwlq2.jpg

Good news coming up, trust the process.

Edited by FrFan

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I alluded to this in the post I made about seeing a candidate viewing the Seahawks as a better destination than the commanders.

I think we're, understandably, exaggerating our attractiveness to a cream of the crop candidate vs every other alternative and I had the chargers as a better place to go in mind too before they got theirs. But we should be attractive enough to not tail end of the line.

Seahawks didn't want him either or they would have made him an offer yesterday.

Johnson just doesn't interview well I guess and perhaps doesn't give off HC vibes.

28 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'm not sure, I'm not interviewing.

I'd like to see Slowik get more of a shake but there has to be a reason he's not, right?

Why do you think he isn’t getting a shake.  He has interview for 5 HC jobs.  Seems like teams are considering him a good candidate.

lol which one of you guys was like “flies in Monday, interviews Tuesday and Wednesday, hiring announced Thursday, press conference Friday?”

I’d go back and look for it but I’m laughing too hard right now from some of you being so sure of yourselves. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The hits keep on coming for Hitman, here.

:ols:

in all honesty I’m betting you really do have some kind of connection but I’m guessing it’s not one directly involved. Kudos for having the courage to put it out there, and you seemed to learn the lesson on not using words like “lock” and “done deal” given your very last post on the subject. 

In other commentary:

1. I do not expect that they keep EB. But I do want to stress and reiterate that any scenario where he is kept is nightmare fuel.

2. I think we hear Slowik’s name more but if he stunk at his interview then it won’t be him.

3. I have a feeling it’s going to be Quinn. And I will be pretty unhappy with that news. If a defensive guy Weaver or Mac are interesting choices. But I’m hoping we open up the search to even more O candidates. 

4. I’m not going to join in on the “Johnson is weak!” For the guy deciding he wants to stay where he is. That’s his prerogative and choice. He handled it poorly. I won’t speculate on his reasons. 

5. :ols: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1