Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Albert Breer on The Herd -

• Cowherd referenced the Boomer E. video going around and asked about Ben Johnson to Commanders
  • Breer nodded and said yup, this have been circulating for a month and most likely scenario
  • Said Johnson doesn't have the trust in Carolina
  • Trust in Tepper and based on what he's done in the past
  • Commanders have done a ton of work on Johnson
  • Mentioned the full contingent headed to Detroit to interview Johnson
2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont know. Atlanta is sending a contingent to Detroit to interview him next week as well. And Arthur Blank has a ton of money. And a team stacked with offensive weapons. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/news/panthers-to-hire-dave-canales-as-head-coach

BREAKING: Panthers to Hire Dave Canales as Head Coach

• Like 1

Arthur Blank is ‘panicking, in total disarray’ over Falcons HC search

https://www.sportstalkatl.com/arthur-blank-is-panicking-in-total-disarray-over-falcons-hc-search/

Most recently, Adam Schefter went as far as to say on Get Up that he shouldn’t be considered the favorite, considering the Falcons have only expanded their search, interviewing more than a dozen candidates with half of them already interviewed twice or scheduled to.

That’s quite a turn of events from the beginning of the process. So, what’s happened between then? Well, there’s clearly an internal power struggle going on within the Falcons organization.

None of this is new information, though. The organizational structure with Belichick and McKay was always thought of to be a hurdle that Blank would eventually have to get over. However, Klein did have something to add that was jarring. His sources around the league say that Arthur Blank is “panicking, in total disarray, doesn’t know what to do.”

“I have heard from so many people around the league that say Arthur Blank is panicking, in total disarray, he doesn’t know what to do,” the Atlanta-based reporter told Brian Barrett on the Off The Pike podcast.

Before that statement, Klein brought up Belichick working in Atlanta for three or so years and how he would impact the front office personnel, rhetorically asking if that’s what he (Blank) wants. Klein added that Blank wants Belichick but doesn’t want everything that comes with him.

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

• Cowherd referenced the Boomer E. video going around and asked about Ben Johnson to Commanders
  • Breer nodded and said yup, this have been circulating for a month and most likely scenario

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/news/panthers-to-hire-dave-canales-as-head-coach

Breer's tweets get pushed by Allbright too, HigSkins. :)  I consider Allbright right there with Schefter.  The best in the biz with tweets.  It a done deal in so many ways.  As you and I have said in this thread with posts, Ben to DC is the worst kept secret in the NFL.  I've said this many times too, hopefully the Ravens don't hold Weaver back and we land him as DC.  :)   

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Arthur Blank is ‘panicking, in total disarray’ over Falcons HC search

https://www.sportstalkatl.com/arthur-blank-is-panicking-in-total-disarray-over-falcons-hc-search/

With Ben Johson seeing the unraveling of Authur in Atlanta do you think he wants to work for him?  He stayed away from Tepper and he will stay away from Blank too.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Ok, Canales was my number 2 get for HC. 

Pairing him with Bryce Young (mini RW?)… seems like a potentially good fit.

Moving forward, I’ll be comparing their trajectory to ours.

Ben Johnson or MacDonald or bust.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

After reading that i am now truly depressed and am asking myself the question of why even bother.

holy crap. 😂

One of the few absolute truths I've managed to discover over the last eighty some odd years:

Life is beautiful-- always.

This ephemeral shared dream we call existence may well be an unsolvable mystery wrapped inside a cosmic enigma with a surfeit of clues that we'll never unravel-- but life is not without hope.

The mere act of living an authentic life, that is accepting the struggle that comes from the existential decision to fully embrace each and every moment, good or bad, actively creates purpose and brings meaning to our lives.

Either that or this grandaddy purple vape cart is getting to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its crazy to me that for the first time ever we're the team WITHOUT ownership stability/competency issues.

At this point its hard for me not to think that this team finally being without any ownership issues, with all these picks and cap space, the year after we exorcise Dan and directly after the ritual sacrifice of Sam Howell.....its hard for me to think all of this is NOT divine intervention and Johnson is destined to make us the winningest franchise of all time during his 30 year tenure. 

The Football Gods live! And they smile favorably upon us, brothers! 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

you got a dude who works for the team trying to sell Quinn -- interesting.  Keim on his podcasts also saying he gets Quinn would be unpopular with fans and then launches into why he's better than fans think, etc.

Not saying its like Fassel years ago.  But it feels a little bit like this regime might like Quinn as a possibility but are worried about fan reaction.  And while of course in theory they shouldn't worry about it -- still they are engaging in a major reclamation project so fan excitement isn't exactly irrelevant.

Not that i think Quinn is the front runner.  But I'll take Keim at his word that Quinn's candidacy here is no joke even if Johnson is the front runner.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb down 1

Dan Quinn would feel so much like a "blah" hire, same with Morris.  I know they might be respected guys around the league and all, but I feel like with those guys we would be right back to 8 wins a year with a 9 win ceiling.  If we went with a defensive minded coach then give me Macdonald from Baltimore,  at least with him he's coming from one of the best cultures in all of professional sports.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

you got a dude who works for the team trying to sell Quinn -- interesting.  Keim on his podcasts also saying he gets Quinn would be unpopular with fans and then launches into why he's better than fans think, etc.

Not saying its like Fassel years ago.  But it feels a little bit like this regime might like Quinn as a possibility but are worried about fan reaction.  And while of course in theory they shouldn't worry about it -- still they are engaging in a major reclamation project so fan excitement isn't exactly irrelevant.

Not that i think Quinn is the front runner.  But I'll take Keim at his word that Quinn's candidacy here is no joke even if Johnson is the front runner.

That’s like setting up high expectations about a new team name and the settling on the Commanders.

New regime so you get some longer rope. You pick Quinn, I’m sure everyone will eventually get in line. But it comes with DNR order.

Because if you’re wrong… and Quinn fails here after 4-5 years… the fandom will be officially dead.

The fans will be a lot more forgiving swinging for the fences.

Quinn is not the Fassell hire though. That would be Morris.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 2

Heard on 106.7 a few minutes ago that we recently setup another interview with Quinn early next week.

THIS WILL BE QUINN'S THIRD INTERVIEW.

No one gets a 3rd interview unless you are seriously considering hiring him.

I had my heart set on Johnson and he may still be out 1st choice and we're just covering our behinds with Quinn but if our brain trust goes for Quinn I'm good with it.

I just wonder who our OC would be?

P.S.

Hmm, if Quinn comes might we have a shot at Micah Parsons if Dallas doesn't resign or franchise him?

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Heard on 106.7 a few minutes ago that we recently setup another interview with Quinn early next week.

THIS WILL BE QUINN'S THIRD INTERVIEW.

No one gets a 3rd interview unless you are seriously considering hiring him.

I had my heart set on Johnson and he may still be out 1st choice and we're just covering our behinds with Quinn but if our brain trust goes for Quinn I'm good with it.

I just wonder who our OC would be?

P.S.

Hmm, if Quinn comes might we have a shot at Micah Parsons if Dallas doesn't resign or franchise him?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quinn 

28 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Might have something to do with drafting Parsons his first year, Bland his second year and Diggs developing... 

I will say that he seems to be a strong leader and is an overall good DC (not so great as a defensive playcaller at HC though).

I'm going to be incredibly underwhelmed if Quinn is the hire... but I could potentially get over it if we hire a strong OC / QB coach.

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So, reading the original Rappaport tweet, which says:

Could be Standig having some confusion, "second in-person" vs "second, in-person", or they're scheduling a 3rd meeting before a 2nd has even occurred.  Seems like confusion.